ryder hesjedal (merged)

Oct. 30, 2013, 2:10 p.m.

Yeah, I would think Garmin has had a press release ready to go since whenever he admitted it to USADA [HTML_REMOVED] CCES, just for a situation like this.

This is pretty key as well, I would think:

The WADA statute of limitations is eight years, so based on the fact that Hesjedal claims to have used PEDs 10 years ago, he would not face any sanctions.

Oct. 30, 2013, 3:49 p.m.

Shep served a 2 year ban for doping in 2005, fyi…

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sheppard-admits-doping-violation

And Shep came out and made a public apology in detail long before any of these gutless vultures like Rasmussen and Armstong did. I despise doping period. But I respect the true candidness and courage that Shep showed way back 8 years ago, while Rasmussen, Armstrong, and all the other scuzz were scaredly clinging to their bag of money and faith in Omerta. Take a minute if you can and read Shep's apology, and then think of it in the context of the times. No excuses for the guy, but it was gutsy. This wonder-jerk Rasmussen is trying to profit off doping a second time with his book, just like Lance's phony Oprah show that he surely made a pile of cash from while continuing to lie. I wouldn't spend a nickel to wipe my ass with it.

Here's Shep's apoolgy in MBA from 2005: http://mbaction.com/Mobile/News/A-LETTER-OF-APOLOGY-FROM-CHRIS-SHEPPARD-2595.aspx

Oct. 30, 2013, 3:52 p.m.

Hardest sport in the world and people are using PED's? Never!

Everyone is on everything. Tennis pros are hardly tested but it's obvious as to anyone watching them smash balls around at 200kph for five hours. Indeed, the cover up in that sport makes the Conservative Party of Canada look like the pinnicle of honesty and justice.

If Serena Williams isn't on juice I'll eat a pound of my own feces.
:bandit:

Wrong. Always.

Oct. 30, 2013, 5:31 p.m.

Doped 10 years ago and has never doped since. In the meantime wins the Giro!

It's funny as fuck.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Oct. 30, 2013, 5:59 p.m.

Judging by the tramadol abuse currently in the peloton, the mindset on doping clearly hasn't changed: http://m.cyclingnews.com/news/team-sky-calls-for-tramadol-ban-in-peloton

Oct. 30, 2013, 6:55 p.m.

What is starting to piss me off is all of the sob stories "it was only once" "i only did it for two weeks" "i have regretted it ever since" blah blah.; more likely that they have regretted it since the shit started hitting the fan..

big time.

Oct. 30, 2013, 6:56 p.m.

im doping right now…i just want to admit it now unless it comes up later..

Oct. 30, 2013, 8 p.m.

im doping right now…i just want to admit it now unless it comes up later..

puff puff pass!!

Loud Hubs Save Lives

Oct. 30, 2013, 9:28 p.m.

[QUOTE=cerealkilla';2787192]And Shep came out and made a public apology in detail long before any of these gutless vultures like Rasmussen and Armstong did. I despise doping period. But I respect the true candidness and courage that Shep showed way back 8 years ago, while Rasmussen, Armstrong, and all the other scuzz were scaredly clinging to their bag of money and faith in Omerta. Take a minute if you can and read Shep's apology, and then think of it in the context of the times. No excuses for the guy, but it was gutsy. This wonder-jerk Rasmussen is trying to profit off doping a second time with his book, just like Lance's phony Oprah show that he surely made a pile of cash from while continuing to lie. I wouldn't spend a nickel to wipe my ass with it.

Here's Shep's apoolgy in MBA from 2005: http://mbaction.com/Mobile/News/A-LETTER-OF-APOLOGY-FROM-CHRIS-SHEPPARD-2595.aspx

Except gutsy would have been to fess up and tell all instead of reinforcing guys like Armstrong's and Rasmussen's faith in Omertà…

It was at this point that I chose to do what I did. No one pushed me into it. No one told me how to do it and above all I didn't have hands on learning. I just did it.

He (Rasmussen) also writes that two other Canadians, Seamus McGrath and Chris Sheppard, received advice.

Ride, don't slide.

Oct. 30, 2013, 10:04 p.m.

All the failings of doping are acknowledged, and Shep gets no free pass. However, I gag a bit at Rasmussen (as he moneygrubs) to name Shep among the many people he could, when the guy already came out. Simply saying, Shep did what few had the guts to do back in 2005, while Rasmussen is just a sheep trying to make another quick dollar. Both broke the rules, but only one seems to be coming back for a second helping of profit off the mess they all made.

Oct. 31, 2013, 12:04 a.m.

anyone who has ever followed his path, and who knew who his coach was back then is lying if they say they did not already know this.

So, are you implying Juerg Feldmann, as his coach back then, was into the dope? I was a FaCT rider way back when (in around 2002), and I can assure you there was no epo floating around, but a lot of blood science in the form of the FaCT protocol. I you have evidence though, I would like to hear it:shhh:

Edit: BUT, I was a road/track hack, and was pretty well on the outside of the preferred core group, so I suppose I would have been pretty oblivious. But also a couple of us were just there in Quesnel for a couple camps to learn FaCT. The more I .think about it the more I wonder……

Oct. 31, 2013, 10:29 a.m.

Even if you only doped once years ago you may have an advantage the rest of your career.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24730151

Oct. 31, 2013, 11:01 a.m.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GeoffKabush/status/395895294635700224

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Oct. 31, 2013, 11:13 a.m.

I don't feel sorry for him at all. As far as I'm concerned he's not only a cheat but a thief as well. I wonder how many clean riders get screwed by these ass holes in every sport not just cycling.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Oct. 31, 2013, 11:30 a.m.

Sheppard is a great guy and I was really sad when he got caught doping. He confessed and apologized. But he was caught. There haven't been many that have admitted all without being caught first.

I've been thinking about this the last few days and wondering why I can be so pissed off at Armstrong and not Hesjedal. I think the difference for me is that Armstrong was pretty much sociopathic in his pursuit of ruining the lives of anybody "against him". I don't like that all of these guys are/were cheating, but I'm much more likely to forgive them if they admit it and apologize.