Winter riding pants.

Oct. 28, 2014, 7:31 p.m.

what model of Gore did you get i looked on their site and did not see any long leg shorts

They don't make them anymore but these are the ones: clicky

Oct. 28, 2014, 7:48 p.m.

They don't make them anymore but these are the ones: clicky

well that would explain it LOL , thanx

Endura makes a nice 3/4 short for wet weather and they have belt loops just gotta track a pair down locally

#northsidetrailbuilders

Oct. 28, 2014, 8:27 p.m.

Holy fuck bicycle industry!

How hard is it to take an existing short w/proper waistband that is a top seller for a company, use waterproof, or highly water resistant fabric, taped seams, dark coloured, maybe high wear on the saddle/inner thigh area, and with a few reflector pieces on it?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Oct. 28, 2014, 9:32 p.m.

http://www.altura.co.uk/products/detail/AL37ATKB3

Just ordered these. Look promising.

Oct. 28, 2014, 10:41 p.m.

http://www.altura.co.uk/products/detail/AL37ATKB3

Just ordered these. Look promising.

thru a local source or overseas??

still missing belt loops , but i guess one could get some sewn on locally .

let us know how they fit and such

#northsidetrailbuilders

Oct. 29, 2014, 7:35 a.m.

Holy fuck bicycle industry!

How hard is it to take an existing short w/proper waistband that is a top seller for a company, use waterproof, or highly water resistant fabric, taped seams, dark coloured, maybe high wear on the saddle/inner thigh area, and with a few reflector pieces on it?

yeah, when has the bike industry ever been accused of being smart?

Oct. 29, 2014, 8:10 a.m.

I have the Endura 3/4 bought from CRC. bought a bit over a year ago. When the arrived I thought the fabric seemed lighter weight than expected, but they have proven very durable. The DWR is still reasonable but not waterproof. Fit is generally good and belt loops are a blessing. That said,mother knees are tapered and very Euro-Knicker. So they won't come down over a full knee pad. I wear them with my RaceFace Charge knees.

They also come with a chamois. It is very average but i do use it. Generally soft and not too thick so not gross when it does finally wet. I would rate it as good enough. I hated it when it was snapped in place. Better more natural fit and range of movement when just worn under as an independent piece.

Oct. 29, 2014, 9:01 a.m.

Got these MEC riding pants. No logos,pretty grafix or PJ look.
They have zippers on the legs for venting. The cut does not interfere with my pedaling. They have a DWR coating.
I like to keep the muck off of me legs and im skinny so I dont wear shorts in the winter.
I luv wearin my bib pants with my junk protruding forward when I go to the pub. So casual.

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

Oct. 29, 2014, 9:33 a.m.

thru a local source or overseas??

still missing belt loops , but i guess one could get some sewn on locally .

let us know how they fit and such

Oversees, ordered them from Merlin cycles (currently having a 15% off sale on altura stuff). I looked semi diligently locally but couldn't find anything suitable for less than twice the price.

Oct. 31, 2014, 7:48 p.m.

Oversees, ordered them from Merlin cycles (currently having a 15% off sale on altura stuff). I looked semi diligently locally but couldn't find anything suitable for less than twice the price.

thanx ordering a pair as well

#northsidetrailbuilders

Nov. 13, 2014, 7:44 p.m.

got my shorts in the mail today break them in tomorrow nite , they claim breathable , waterproof and wind proof . lots of room in the knee for armor , there is a velcro strap too cinch the knee up , there is a nice wide belt loop in the back with velcro elastic belt to tighten the waist up . the 2 front pockets are a mess material and nice and deep with a sealed zipper .

http://www.zyro.co.uk/altura/products/detail/AL37ATKB3

#northsidetrailbuilders

Nov. 13, 2014, 9:07 p.m.

I have a pair of Gore waterproof pants (well I guess technically shorts) and they are amazing, there is something to be said for having a nice dry bum on your ride!

some riders may disagree with you on that one…

there's just something about riding through huge puddles and ending up with that nice wet mushy feeling up your ass…

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Nov. 14, 2014, 1:19 p.m.

i forgot to mention that army BDU's in a ripstop nylon or poly cotton blend are a decent cheapo option for cold by dry days.

http://www.greatadventure.ca/00cart/CandyPress/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1334

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40