NSMB - 2015 – Mountain Bike Thread (full suspension)

May 13, 2015, 10:38 a.m.

2015 Transition Patrol - size L.

Just put it together last night. Just a new frame for me. Rode it up to work this morning, a few laps on the DJ's. All seemed really good. Very easy to clear the medium/main line within a couple trial laps. Really poppy and stable in the air. Climbed up very nicely, even just in medium compression setting on the rear shock. No bob noticeable.

Looking forward to a multi-lap ride home. And yes, that's a Nevegal on the front. And I'm ok with that….

So far it felt really good with the fork at 150mm. Rear is 155mm. But will debate whether I change the spacer and go to 160mm as I believe all 34's have the 160mm damper in place.

30 RF N/W on the front. E13 40t on the rear.

May 13, 2015, 4:19 p.m.

Man, I am just a touch jealous..Such a nice looking bike!

May 13, 2015, 4:57 p.m.

Just put it together last night. Just a new frame for me. Rode it up to work this morning, a few laps on the DJ's. All seemed really good. Very easy to clear the medium/main line within a couple trial laps. Really poppy and stable in the air. Climbed up very nicely, even just in medium compression setting on the rear shock. No bob noticeable.

Looking forward to a multi-lap ride home. And yes, that's a Nevegal on the front. And I'm ok with that….

So far it felt really good with the fork at 150mm. Rear is 155mm. But will debate whether I change the spacer and go to 160mm as I believe all 34's have the 160mm damper in place.

Nice!

Nevegal? OMG u gonna die! :P

May 13, 2015, 8:58 p.m.

Rad bike,
Where are those DJ's ?

May 13, 2015, 9:18 p.m.

Are those the stock tires? Gimme' your b/b height. Is it as advertised? Seriously, I got a stake in this.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

May 13, 2015, 10:29 p.m.

Very nice!

I got a Suppressor arriving at Dunbar in a couple weeks :beer:

May 13, 2015, 10:51 p.m.

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/12217881/

swapped my wheel set and tires , other then the wheels and grips she is stock weighs 32lbs and rides really well

#northsidetrailbuilders

May 13, 2015, 11:39 p.m.

Rad bike,
Where are those DJ's ?

SFU

May 14, 2015, 3:05 a.m.

swapped my wheel set and tires , other then the wheels and grips she is stock weighs 32lbs and rides really well

That looks versatile and just fun!

Hope you dont mind but I took the Serial # and registered it as mine… jk ;)

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

May 14, 2015, 5:45 a.m.

That looks versatile and just fun!

Hope you dont mind but I took the Serial # and registered it as mine… jk ;)

thanx

can,t figure out how to delete that image LOL ,

the bike is amazing to ride been killing all my times since getting it on the up and down , way under sold as a trail bike .

#northsidetrailbuilders

May 14, 2015, 9:19 a.m.

Are those the stock tires? Gimme' your b/b height. Is it as advertised? Seriously, I got a stake in this.

Stock tires? Well, general literacy would note my first sentence in my first post, where I said I got the frame only. So stock tires, yes, but not from this bike. :lol:

b/b height? Haven't bothered to measure. It would seem to me that if you've got stake in this game or some odd obsession with pedal strikes, that you'd just hit up 3 or 4 bike shops in North Van with a tape measure and get 'er done once and for all?

Seriously thought - How do you want measured? Centre of spindle to ground?

Great ride down the mountain yesterday. Linked up a multi-trail descent to try a bit of tech, some jumps, and some chunder. Seemed to garner the praise the mag's and reviewers are giving it.

Think I'll drop the fork off at Vorsprung and have them change the shuttle spacer to move the fork to 160mm from 150mm, as that is Transition's preferred spec for the bike geo. BUT… that'll change the bb height!

May 14, 2015, 11:30 a.m.

can,t figure out how to delete that image LOL ,

I reported the image so maybe PB will take it down for ya

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

May 14, 2015, 9:24 p.m.

Seriously thought - How do you want measured? Centre of spindle to ground?

Yeah. Supposed to be 339 +/-.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

May 14, 2015, 9:38 p.m.

Yeah. Supposed to be 339 +/-.

i don't get it. what is the measurement wh provides going to tell you?

if it's spot on, are transition's measurements accurate? or are they high, but his wheels are a bit smaller than the stock spec, so it balances out; or are they low, but his wheels are bigger. if he gives you a bigger or smaller number, the same variables still factor in

so please, explain what you are hoping to learn. because none of your questions make any sense to me - none of them would seem to give you an answer worth knowing

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

May 15, 2015, 12:11 a.m.

It's a secret!