Clear lens glasses

April 17, 2023, 11:52 a.m.

The Pangor's arrived last week and I used them yesterday when the skies opened and made everything scary.  They worked well.  Minimal fogging, comfortable, kept mud and stones out of my eyeballs.

April 19, 2023, 5:43 a.m.

There are some left at Ridley's cycle on sale too. I tried them on at MEC last weekend and they seem quite nice as a goggle replacement!

April 26, 2023, 10:01 a.m.

Posted by: craw

I have been using a pair of 100% S2 for years and they've been amazing. Clear photochromic lens, good optics, minimal fogging. Pricey for sure, over $200CAD.
I've been getting a lot of ads on IG for riding glasses and I just ordered some from Saolar Australia. $75, clear lens, photochromic, nice styling. If they're not great I'll try Kapvoe next.
I'm pretty confident that these and the ones on Amazon (Tifosi, Rockbros) all come out of the same factory and offer similar quality as the bigger brands but there's only one way to know for sure.

I have to echo Craw, I have speedcrafts vice the S2s but the image clarity is the best I've ever had for sun/safety glasses, not just for riding glasses. Worth it IMO

May 9, 2023, 8:05 a.m.

Posted by: HeyZeus

Posted by: craw

I have been using a pair of 100% S2 for years and they've been amazing. Clear photochromic lens, good optics, minimal fogging. Pricey for sure, over $200CAD.
I've been getting a lot of ads on IG for riding glasses and I just ordered some from Saolar Australia. $75, clear lens, photochromic, nice styling. If they're not great I'll try Kapvoe next.
I'm pretty confident that these and the ones on Amazon (Tifosi, Rockbros) all come out of the same factory and offer similar quality as the bigger brands but there's only one way to know for sure.

I have to echo Craw, I have speedcrafts vice the S2s but the image clarity is the best I've ever had for sun/safety glasses, not just for riding glasses. Worth it IMO

So I've been out on the Saolar Magmas a few times now and they're great. They have a mirror coating but are really good in low light. Good optics. Functional photochromic performance to. 10/10 especially given they are <1/3 the price of the S2.

June 1, 2023, 12:56 p.m.

Just got an IG ad for 50% Ryders glasses at Freedom Bike Shop in Penticton

June 10, 2023, 6:19 a.m.

50% off Pangors at MEC!

I bought some yesterday and will return them today after trying them on at home. There are way too much reflections in the back of the lens, it feels like the lens is dirty and there is too much ghosting, but it's perfectly clean. I compared with my other glasses and the reflections are minimal compared to the Pangors. Like many times better. Does anyone else notice this ?

I can't stand it, so there will be 2 more pairs available for those who like them : )

June 10, 2023, 12:16 p.m.

Posted by: martin

50% off Pangors at MEC!

I bought some yesterday and will return them today after trying them on at home. There are way too much reflections in the back of the lens, it feels like the lens is dirty and there is too much ghosting, but it's perfectly clean. I compared with my other glasses and the reflections are minimal compared to the Pangors. Like many times better. Does anyone else notice this ?

I can't stand it, so there will be 2 more pairs available for those who like them : )

I also returned my Pangors, the anti-fog was unimpressive and they are comically large, such that the brow of my helmet rested on the frame. Try before you buy!

June 25, 2023, 6:58 p.m.

Safety glasses. They’re basically free and you look stupid as shit, which is awesome.

June 25, 2023, 8:29 p.m.

I got some yellow tint/clear frame pangors for Father's Day. 

I've always had poor luck with riding glasses, always foggy or dirty, or flapping around and distracting me while descending. 

So far they are pretty good. I do get a little ghosting at points but overall I think I like them. The yellow seems to make dark parts of the trail brighter somehow, but also takes the edge off when it's bright out, they sort of even out the light, and I definitely get less dust in my eyes.

June 26, 2023, 3:42 p.m.

I absolutely hate wearing glasses riding. I was fortunate enough to get my Pangors for free but would happily give them away / donate them and replace them if I could find something that fit me better.

Edit - I do like the glasses I just have long eyelashes and they always touch the lenses of every pair of glasses I own. Has nothing to do with the Pangors themselves, I like them a lot and they are still my favorite pair of riding glasses so far :)

Last edited by: thaaad on June 30, 2023, 7:57 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 30, 2023, 6:22 p.m.

Posted by: bryce-borlick

Safety glasses. They’re basically free and you look stupid as shit, which is awesome.

The 3M Virtua Sport were the best ones for myself.  Unfortunately completely clear so I'd lose them when they fell off my helmet on the climbs when they'd fog up.

Aug. 13, 2023, 10:46 a.m.

In the UK we have Toolsation and Screwfix, large purveyors of tools etc for builders. A while back I turned up a ways from home ready to ride except - no spex! Screwfix fixed me up with DeWalt clear safety glasses - they look OK and more importantly work well, no bouncing. The glass isn't "non reflective" seemingly but at under a tenner whats not to like.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-auger-clear-lens-safety-specs/3024p

Last edited by: neilBar on Aug. 13, 2023, 10:48 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 18, 2023, 6:45 p.m.

14.99$ for brown lens Pangors at MEC for those interested!

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/6022-256/pangor-poly-sunglasses?colour=Black%2FRose+SMR+Lens

Aug. 21, 2023, 9:34 a.m.

what does brown do for one's eyes? On a similar note - does anyone find riding with yellow lenses advantageous in any situations? Apart from looking like Walter Sobchak ?

Aug. 21, 2023, 11:31 a.m.

Posted by: DanL

what does brown do for one's eyes? On a similar note - does anyone find riding with yellow lenses advantageous in any situations? Apart from looking like Walter Sobchak ?

I like yellow on gloomy days, makes everything pop a little more. But not essential, and I only use yellow for commuting; clear in the woods all the time.