Bike Frame Painting In And Around Vancouver?

June 2, 2014, 10:19 a.m.

What are the options these days?

YESS did one before so I have dropped them another line.

Rainbow? The frame is going to be a custom built fillet brazed frame, and I hear really patchy things about their customer service. I'd like the frame turned around within a couple of weeks with decent communication which I don't think is too much to ask for?

Toxik? Possibly, but I don't mind getting the frame powdered to be honest.

Dekerf? Sorry, out of my league!

Anyone else? Needs to know bikes well as I don't want to spend ages pulling paint out of where it shouldn't be. The frame will be bare / no removal needed.

treezz
wow you are a ass

June 2, 2014, 10:42 a.m.

rainbow is good, and reasonable, but customer service can be sort of lacking. I'd recommend them anyways.

Fox 400X2.75 spring from DHX 5.0 for sale
Brand New Cove Stiffee for sale. Make an offer…

June 2, 2014, 10:55 a.m.

i've used rainbow before. it was a bit of a pita, both in terms of customer service and getting them to redo shoddy work. but the coat was even and durable once they got it right, which i appreciated

i bought a frame with a toxic paintjob and while it was absolutely stunning, it would chip and flake if you looked at it the wrong way

best bike frame paint job i've had was the textured black p/c on my chromag samurai. i can't remember who ian said did the work but it was beautiful, and super durable

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

June 2, 2014, 11:47 a.m.

Thanks. YESS have got back to me and can do the work, so they are top of the list again as long as they have a reasonable selection of colours. I'm not that picky though. Black is the new black.

treezz
wow you are a ass

June 2, 2014, 2:31 p.m.

i've used rainbow before. it was a bit of a pita, both in terms of customer service and getting them to redo shoddy work. but the coat was even and durable once they got it right, which i appreciated

i bought a frame with a toxic paintjob and while it was absolutely stunning, it would chip and flake if you looked at it the wrong way

best bike frame paint job i've had was the textured black p/c on my chromag samurai. i can't remember who ian said did the work but it was beautiful, and super durable

Doesn't' Dekerf paint for Chromag?

konahonzo

June 2, 2014, 2:34 p.m.

Doesn't' Dekerf paint for Chromag?

yeah, at last the surfaces but maybe more/all of their bc-built frames?

that's a relatively new arrangement afaik. not sure who they were using before

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

June 2, 2014, 9:08 p.m.

Don't forget Stacey "PaintHouse" Glasser. He does some amazing work. More than just "paint jobs".