To the Kiwi Putz on a Softride frame.

July 22, 2014, 2:16 p.m.

After reading the story below, its a bit of a grey area as to who was picking the fight…

According to his account it doesn't seem so grey to me.

He told the guy he was riding like idiot and endangering others, and I think he was right to do so. The guy was the one who first challenged him to a fight, which OP claims to have ignored. It wasn't until after the dude threw a punch at him while riding by that he did something about it.

July 22, 2014, 3:14 p.m.

your pump . . .

his front wheel .

discussion over .

but seriously , if the guy wants to ride like an idiot , let him . you are not going to be able to stop him so let darwin take care of guys like that .

you make your point , then leave it alone . don't let his shitty riding bring you down to his level . . . it just makes us all look bad . he prolly thinks he's an ace fighter pilot .

July 22, 2014, 7:28 p.m.

but seriously , if the guy wants to ride like an idiot , let him . you are not going to be able to stop him so let darwin take care of guys like that .

If he is endangering others, I am not sure Darwinism is applicable here. Doesn't really help the person he runs into because he mistimes one of his weaves.

I do agree though, these people need to be told but fighting doesn't really help much. That said, hopefully he thinks twice before riding like a moron again.

July 22, 2014, 8:30 p.m.

Should have just pulled down hard on the Softride beam and fired the fucker across the road….. Hateful things.

treezz
wow you are a ass

July 22, 2014, 9:19 p.m.

ok - do my best to explain.

Riding my Peeler cruiser on the Union St. bike route. A very busy am bike route.

Aren't these called Enduro bike routes now?

July 22, 2014, 9:24 p.m.

In the rat race its what happens when you crowd too many rats together

July 22, 2014, 10:31 p.m.

But what if he doesn't ride like a complete fuck up anymore?

Impossible, he's still on the Softride…

Ride, don't slide.

July 23, 2014, 10:12 a.m.

Ill just point out a couple of things/opinions and leave it at that -

Self-policing in the bike commuting crowd, I feel, is appropriate as there are basically no cops out there that are assigned to keeping the unruly under control. There are no penalties/repercussions for those that choose to flagrantly ride like an idiot and endanger those around them. Can you imagine Vancouver traffic without traffic cops?

I was at fault for using the word idiot when I first approached him, but the way he responded, I doubt it would have made any difference at all no matter what wording i chose to deliver my message - which I felt was needed (see above)

I walked away 2 times before being struck - in no way did i instigate any violent response from the dikwad…and if you really look at the whole incident I walked away three times. The third being after it was well established that he was at risk of having his ass beat or bike stomped -

My only fault in this interaction was the choice of the word idiot…but if being called an idiot sets you off into road-rage - well you got other problems too.

My OP for this thread was an after-the-fact view and an expression of my wish to really teach the ass-hat a lesson…not for riding like an idiot, but for choosing to hit another adult without any justification at all. For that, he definitely deserves a lesson which I gladly would still deliver. With or without the word idiot.

I'm ignoring Smedley.

July 23, 2014, 2:48 p.m.

Come to think of it, I think I saw this guy the other day.

This assuming that there can't possibly be TWO people in this city riding around on a Softride…

July 23, 2014, 3:56 p.m.

Come to think of it, I think I saw this guy the other day.

This assuming that there can't possibly be TWO people in this city riding around on a Softride…

I saw one at the Tim Horton's in PoCo one morning a few months back. I thought I snapped a pic but can't find it now.

July 23, 2014, 6:16 p.m.

If he is endangering others, I am not sure Darwinism is applicable here. Doesn't really help the person he runs into because he mistimes one of his weaves.

I do agree though, these people need to be told but fighting doesn't really help much. That said, hopefully he thinks twice before riding like a moron again.

i agree. in fact i'll go one further and suggest we all have a societal responsibility to call people out (in a non-confrontational nor aggressive manner) on their bullshit and rude behaviour. i think the reason so many people pull shit like this is because they feel they can get away with it, that no-one is going to challenge them on it. and for the most part, nobody ever does. if we all spoke up about bs behaviour when it happened there'd be a lot less of it going on.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

July 23, 2014, 11:24 p.m.

lol. I'd be angry too if I had to ride around on a softride.

Calling out idiotic commuting is ok. I would call it out once and then leave it at that.

Its very doubtful his behavior will change.

Aug. 6, 2014, 6:28 a.m.

Softride. Wouldn't a suspension seat post do the same thing?

Wrong. Always.

Aug. 6, 2014, 11:12 a.m.

Softride. Wouldn't a suspension seat post do the same thing?

If you consider a teeter-totter and a pogo stick one in the same thing, then yes.

Aug. 6, 2014, 11:48 a.m.

If you consider a teeter-totter and a pogo stick one in the same thing, then yes.

Good point but either way it looks like the Softride concept only cushions the arse. It's still a hardtail as far as yer feet goes.

Wrong. Always.