Crankworkx Discussion

Aug. 17, 2013, 5:08 p.m.

I think we need a thread so here we go!

First rider, First drop, First crash… That sucks and it looks like he ate it pretty hard :( didn't catch his name because the volume is down.

Aug. 17, 2013, 7:37 p.m.

The usual crap Semenuk biased judging pretty much forced Soderstrom into killing himself too.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Aug. 17, 2013, 7:42 p.m.

The usual crap Semenuk biased judging pretty much forced Soderstrom into killing himself too.

I think that was a winning run but 96.xx is a bit insane. 91-92 would have been more believable.

Hope Soderstrom isn't badly injured.

Aug. 17, 2013, 7:55 p.m.

Oh no. Looks like I missed the big comp…

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 17, 2013, 9:12 p.m.

I dunno. It's so different live than on the screen. Semenuk was going huge, his whips were clean and he didn't case any landings. It was a worthy run and full-on. Soderstrom's was huge, but nowhere near as clean and then the botched landing at the end.

In the time it took us to walk from the Red Bull tent area at the top of the course to the bottom in the crowds, Soderstrom was still down and being attended to. Hope he's alright.

Both were phenomenal runs and no amount of arm-chair judging can say otherwise. And Semenuk's second run was strongly superior to Soderstrom's first run, which still netted him a solid second.

Aug. 17, 2013, 9:42 p.m.

I heard it was Tib/Fib break??? Not sure though.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Aug. 18, 2013, 5:29 a.m.

That's a nasty one. A friend of mine did that once, was not fun.

Aug. 18, 2013, 8:19 a.m.

Brilliant online coverage, was able to stream onto the tv at home for great viewing. Props to the top three guys.

Shed head!

Aug. 18, 2013, 9:38 a.m.

from pique magazine:

Swedish rider Martin Soderstrom, who had the lead after the first run and has never finished higher than second at Crankworx Whistler, landed a triple tailwhip on his run but then had a huge crash on the last air, hitting his chest hard on his handlebars during a superman double tailwhip. His condition was unknown at press time, but after 10 minutes he managed to stand up and walk to the ambulance.

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Aug. 18, 2013, 10:41 a.m.

I dunno. It's so different live than on the screen. Semenuk was going huge, his whips were clean and he didn't case any landings. It was a worthy run and full-on. Soderstrom's was huge, but nowhere near as clean and then the botched landing at the end.

Semenuk's run really wowed the crowd … judging punishes riders who crash no matter how cool the moves before or after - for good reason.

Aug. 18, 2013, 11:05 a.m.

Would have been different if Messere ,and Ganeri completed there runs ,Also If Rheeder were in the mix.
I like how Thomas Genon had a big smile when he dropped in and his 2nd run was flawless after a big over the berm crash that Graneri did last year.
I thought Peter Henke had an invite ,was Gyoziek injured ?

"Looks like a Canoe with the seats kicked out of it !"

Aug. 18, 2013, 1:11 p.m.

It's funny, to me the course seemed tamer than last years. I was expecting less crashes and more clean runs since the jumps looked a little smaller. Obviously that wasn't the case, since the staging corners allowed them to prep for some really crazy tricks! Just like last year I'm sitting in my camp room cheering at my laptop lol

Aug. 18, 2013, 6:34 p.m.

Overall a pretty good show this year, hope all the guys who went down turn out alright. Kinda sucks that the whole thing came down to Martin's brutal crash.

Aug. 18, 2013, 7:22 p.m.

Would have been different if Messere ,and Ganeri completed there runs ,Also If Rheeder were in the mix.
I like how Thomas Genon had a big smile when he dropped in and his 2nd run was flawless after a big over the berm crash that Graneri did last year.
I thought Peter Henke had an invite ,was Gyoziek injured ?

Henke injured himself in practice.

Shed head!

Aug. 21, 2013, 4:06 p.m.

It's funny, to me the course seemed tamer than last years. I was expecting less crashes and more clean runs since the jumps looked a little smaller. Obviously that wasn't the case, since the staging corners allowed them to prep for some really crazy tricks! Just like last year I'm sitting in my camp room cheering at my laptop lol

there was an interview with Cam McCaul on the big screen prior to the start where he was saying that the features themselves were smaller than previous years and nothing was "death defying", but that the features were built for big tricks. This put more control in the rider's hands and less control in simply surviving the features. He really emphasised how it was a "rider designed" course. Somewhere online is a RedBull video showing the rider input in coming up with the course concept.

Some cell phone shots of the madness: