Squamish 2013 conditions

Nov. 7, 2013, 9:28 p.m.

Snow line is still way above AM.

Perfect, I'm coming up for a Squampton rip this weekend.

Shed head!

Nov. 8, 2013, 2:48 p.m.

what's AM? considering venturing North… I've still never ridden Full/Half Nelson…

Nov. 8, 2013, 3:03 p.m.

Angry midget, it's close to both the nelsons

Nov. 9, 2013, 7:07 p.m.

That was fun. Will go again.

Nov. 9, 2013, 9:07 p.m.

How were the conditions in Squamish? Wet? Muddy?

Shed head!

Nov. 10, 2013, 4:45 p.m.

Fantastic conditions today. Brilliant trails. Love the Squish.

Shed head!

Nov. 10, 2013, 5:15 p.m.

Fantastic conditions today. Brilliant trails. Love the Squish.

Which trails in particular? Trying to decide between heading to Squish and ride AM and/or the Nelsons OR to stick in th city and do some laps on Fromme.

Nov. 10, 2013, 6:06 p.m.

Rode AM which was in great shape. Very little puddles and almost no mud, make the trip …

Shed head!

Nov. 11, 2013, 2:44 p.m.

Hit Crouching Squirrel then Entrails[HTML_REMOVED]Gouranga. Rock and whalebacks are still grippy and rideable. A couple of wet places but for the most part me and my gear came home clean. Trails are great right now even though I keep expecting them to be wintery.

I flashed that first big off-camber rock feature on Entrails in front of a bunch of incredulous hikers who clapped.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Nov. 12, 2013, 9:22 a.m.

Does anybody have a video or picture of the creek gap that connects Skookum to Grin? Curious if it's worthwhile to go check it out…

Nov. 12, 2013, 5:51 p.m.

Climbed Legacy to FN, then over to Pseudotsuga. Trails were a bit damp but I came home surprisingly clean and dry. Good times.

Nov. 18, 2013, 10:27 a.m.

Hi,

what are Valley cliff trails like in general? Was hiking up Silver spoon, and really liked what I saw… are the others similar?

thanks

Nov. 18, 2013, 10:38 a.m.

Hi,

what are Valley cliff trails like in general? Was hiking up Silver spoon, and really liked what I saw… are the others similar?

thanks

nothing that has the gaps like Silver Spoon. Towards the Smoke Bluffs alot of the trails utilize the granite slabs but can involve a bit of hiking to get to the trails. The 5 Point area trails (Farside etc) of Valleycliffe are more XC. The whole area is used by trials bikes so still ots of options for steeper lines but they don't always flow the best for mtb.

Silver Spoon comes out across the street from place. Went up there the other day with my nephew and he sent the gap to step-up to rock slab line first look. Luckily he was able to shut it down before the bigger rock slab as he was heading off line.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

Nov. 18, 2013, 10:49 a.m.

nothing that has the gaps like Silver Spoon. Towards the Smoke Bluffs alot of the trails utilize the granite slabs but can involve a bit of hiking to get to the trails. The 5 Point area trails (Farside etc) of Valleycliffe are more XC. The whole area is used by trials bikes so still ots of options for steeper lines but they don't always flow the best for mtb.

Silver Spoon comes out across the street from place. Went up there the other day with my nephew and he sent the gap to step-up to rock slab line first look. Luckily he was able to shut it down before the bigger rock slab as he was heading off line.

Yeah I was really impressed how the trail builder is utilizing the terrain in that section. How old is the boy? did he send it all the way into the rock roll tranny?

Nov. 18, 2013, 10:58 a.m.

he's 9. Did the step and down the rock tranny but was offline for the second granite slab. He was on dj with only a rear bike and slicks so was surprised he was able to stop.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"