Seymour 2016 Conditions (merged)

Jan. 18, 2016, 2:43 p.m.

I did see a large group of riders that you might consider ENDUROBROS continue down the new trail that's still being built, right past the "please don't ride this" sign :(. Looking forward to seeing what that's all about when it's done.

Ugh super lame.

Jan. 18, 2016, 3 p.m.

Tried the new John Deer trail, short but very sweet. I did see a large group of riders that you might consider ENDUROBROS continue down the new trail that's still being built, right past the "please don't ride this" sign :(. Looking forward to seeing what that's all about when it's done.

They found this:

Sustainable will be around forever.

Jan. 18, 2016, 3:11 p.m.

I admit to riding said trail on Friday but it was dry for the most part. That pic is still perfect example of how fast some rain and riders degrade a trail as it didn't look remotely like that when I went down.

Jan. 18, 2016, 4:10 p.m.

Got in a fun quick ride on Saturday afternoon. Climbed from Hyanis to GSM up to Severed. GSM was in perfect shape with only a bit of ice under the powerlines above BP. Severed was good to go.

Tried the new John Deer trail, short but very sweet. I did see a large group of riders that you might consider ENDUROBROS continue down the new trail that's still being built, right past the "please don't ride this" sign :(. Looking forward to seeing what that's all about when it's done.

Grambo, the trail you speak of is not a new trail at all, in fact it's quite old. It has just recently been claimed by the NSMBA and will be legitimized shortly. It is possible that the people that you saw riding it have been riding it for years or possibly were the people who actually built it. Anyhow, stoked to see how it will look after it has been legalized! Hopefully it will have some cool features on it in the same vain as the brand new section at the top!

Jan. 18, 2016, 7:01 p.m.

Grambo, the trail you speak of is not a new trail at all, in fact it's quite old. It has just recently been claimed by the NSMBA and will be legitimized shortly. It is possible that the people that you saw riding it have been riding it for years or possibly were the people who actually built it. Anyhow, stoked to see how it will look after it has been legalized! Hopefully it will have some cool features on it in the same vain as the brand new section at the top!

Yo Don. JD was never illegal. It was just kept quiet. It's no more illegal than Severed, CBuster, AA, Academy etc. Just thought I'd clear that up.

Jan. 18, 2016, 7:31 p.m.

Yo Don. JD was never illegal. It was just kept quiet. It's no more illegal than Severed, CBuster, AA, Academy etc. Just thought I'd clear that up.

Word Lee. I was talking about you the other day with my loam hunter friends. Said you were the Obi-Wan-Kenobi of loam. Need to tap into the force this year!

Jan. 19, 2016, 11:52 a.m.

Fair enough, good to know the background as I'm a newcomer and I look forward to seeing what's in store down there. I went back up and did all of Severed instead. Hoping it's dry this weekend for another ride, although with the new snow we might ski both days. Vancouver problems…

Jan. 19, 2016, 5:43 p.m.

We rode it a couple weeks back and it did not look like that at all :(

Jan. 19, 2016, 6:30 p.m.

Fair enough, good to know the background as I'm a newcomer and I look forward to seeing what's in store down there. I went back up and did all of Severed instead. Hoping it's dry this weekend for another ride, although with the new snow we might ski both days. Vancouver problems…

The ground is saturated. Just because it.might be dry on the weekend won't desaturate the ground. 50-70mm of rain tomorrow won't help. What will desaturate the ground? Warmer temps and prolonged dry period ie SUMMER.

Not singling you out. Just trying to educate

Jan. 19, 2016, 6:31 p.m.

We rode it a couple weeks back and it did not look like that at all :(

Enjoy the memories. It will never look that again. Was a fun four years

Jan. 20, 2016, 11:24 a.m.

The ground is saturated. Just because it.might be dry on the weekend won't desaturate the ground. 50-70mm of rain tomorrow won't help. What will desaturate the ground? Warmer temps and prolonged dry period ie SUMMER.

Not singling you out. Just trying to educate

Agreed, was more of a general comment about riding this weekend (on trails that drain well) and not about the "new" trail in question. I won't ride something until it's opened up by the builders and in good shape.

Jan. 20, 2016, 12:28 p.m.

Riders ripping down said wet trail this morning.

IMO Dear John shouldn't have been opened at all until late spring. Its already a boggy mess and will for sure only get worse over the weekend.

Jan. 20, 2016, 1:27 p.m.

IMO Dear John shouldn't have been opened at all until late spring. Its already a boggy mess and will for sure only get worse over the weekend.

I rode the upper portion over the last weekend, was quite nice and pretty solid. Saw the sign for the lower portion asking to stay off in the wet, so I did.

I had rode part of the lower portion from a lower access point and it was pretty messy. Won't go back until things dry out. From the portion I did, it was good fun, but definitely would be better in the dry. Would have been a fun trail to be riding for the past 4 years.

Jan. 20, 2016, 1:33 p.m.

time to get the game cameras out… why are there so many douches in mtb'ing?

:canada:

Jan. 20, 2016, 2:36 p.m.

The downed trees at the top of Ned's have been cleared.