Fromme 2012 Conditions

June 24, 2012, 6:52 p.m.

All true Drew, Kudo's to Mark and Mathew for being able to work in the system to contribute so positively.

I'd just like to comment on Mathew's point 2 and 3 above.

When James and I went to our permit meeting in March with the DNV regarding the Return of the Ripper we were REQUIRED to give money to the NSMBA BEFORE the event.

DNV staff said they want money going to the NSMBA so they have one point of contact on projects in the DNV. Metro Van, who was also there, agreed to this.

As the NSMBA is the main group doing the volunteer work on the trails this makes sense. James and I totally support this.

We then talked to the NSMBA and came up with a project - which was replacing the wooden bridge on Cabin trail near the intersection with TNT, the work was completed before the event.

We gave the NSMBA a cheque, with the promise to give more if race proceeds were sufficient. Given the low racer registration the amount we gave to the NSMBA was 26% of our proceeds. The other proceeds went to volunteer swag, appreciation dinner and racer/volunteer swag.

It kinda IRKS me that the DNV didn't expect the same from Red Bull which is a slap in the face to, event organizers who did give, the NSMBA and the supporting ridership (they took till yesterday??? to tell the NSMBA about the Red Bull donation?). Now maybe Mathew and Mark and the NSMBA don't want to say this but wtf DNV - talk about total lack of respect to the people doing a lot of work maintaining the trails

The NSMBA have many projects on the go. The DNV ( and metro van) knows what projects are on the go.
The DNV should require events to support projects where the event impacts.

For the DNV not to do this is disrespectful to the NSMBA and the mountain bike community as a whole. That's my take - tell me where I'm wrong on this

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

June 24, 2012, 10:02 p.m.

… Now maybe Mathew and Mark and the NSMBA don't want to say this but wtf DNV - talk about total lack of respect to the people doing a lot of work maintaining the trails

The NSMBA have many projects on the go. The DNV ( and metro van) knows what projects are on the go.
The DNV should require events to support projects where the event impacts.

For the DNV not to do this is disrespectful to the NSMBA and the mountain bike community as a whole. That's my take - tell me where I'm wrong on this

My dealings with the DNV are cursory (that's the word that means what little dealings I have had have always invoked cursing right?)…

…but to this day the hackles on my neck rise when I hear the name of "volunteer and trail coordinator" Graham Knell , and my distain for him pales in comparison to that disengenous, distorting,… Susan Rogers.

That's why I have a deep respect for Matt, Mark (and also huge kudos to Adam "The Playground Man" Walshe) for the discontinous-to-the-point-of-being-random bullshit I can only imagine (that I can't begin to imagine?) they wade through with their "partners" at the District.

At the end of the day (whether you agree 100%, 80%, 50%, or 10% with the kind of work the NSMBA is doing) if you ride bikes, or build trails (even if you choose not to work on DNV approved projects… part of the problem, not the solution, and all that) the NSMBA is the loudest voice through which to -respectfully communicate- at the powers-that-be:

JOIN!

DONATE!

[rant]

Really Susan? If the DNV lets mountain bikers volunteer-to-build trails, then the DNV has to pay-to-build equestrians trails (have the treat the user-groups, no matter how uninvolved vs. how many thousands of hours dontated "fairly"? That was the best you could come up with?

What about the time you tried to tell Boundary Karen she should volunteer her time on another project? Really?

We have to follow DNV "Best Management Practices" for "environmentally sustainable" trails that are X but the same land is zoned to be cleared for houses and when you cut all the trees down and plant some $1-million plus homes on it that is "different."

Hogwash and Poppycock.

[/rant]

-D

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

June 25, 2012, 8:17 a.m.

"you must spread some reputation around before giving to DrewM again"

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

June 25, 2012, 9:17 a.m.

so Drew, have you discussed your concerns with our elected officials (DNV council), or just ranted online? They're more than open to emails, and tend to reply to them directly, and also bend towards thier vocal constituents (see starfish thread).

Although I do agree with your message - JOIN! and

DONATE!

June 25, 2012, 8:13 p.m.

so Drew, have you discussed your concerns with our elected officials (DNV council), or just ranted online?

Yes.

Although I do agree with your message - JOIN! and

DONATE!

Yes!

-D

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

July 8, 2012, 11:21 p.m.

Spotted an old dude hiking in the nude at 2nd. He did a 180 back into the bush after he saw me. :lol:

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

July 13, 2012, 11:52 p.m.

07/13/13: Ladies Only [HTML_REMOVED] Lower Ladies [HTML_REMOVED] Natural High [HTML_REMOVED] Immonator

They all seem to be in relatively great shape with this weather. Loving the recent work done on LL, many thanks to Digger.

July 14, 2012, 12:04 a.m.

Ladies, Lower Ladies, Natural High [HTML_REMOVED] Immonator are all prime. Some love has been given to the first section of LL. Thanks, Digger. A few stringers missing on the ladder work after that.

Lower ladies is super fun right now, today was the first time I've cleaned it in 4 years!

Also congrats to those who have tapped the first section of expresso. Delicious, flowy gold.

July 14, 2012, 4 p.m.

Lower ladies is super fun right now, today was the first time I've cleaned it in 4 years!

Also congrats to those who have tapped the first section of expresso. Delicious, flowy gold.

Agreed! It's been almost 100% brought back to freshness. The steep left handler on LL is now suddenly much less scary. The fact it's not nearly as tough as the punched out version might not be great news to everyone but it is to me.

July 16, 2012, 8:22 p.m.

Digger and his helpers making the 2012 Fromme conditions even better!

Trail name TBA as the section doesn't have a beginning or an end (or a completed middle!) yet but some people will be able to guess.

treezz
wow you are a ass

July 19, 2012, 2:54 p.m.

Digger and his helpers making the 2012 Fromme conditions even better!

Trail name TBA as the section doesn't have a beginning or an end (or a completed middle!) yet but some people will be able to guess.

Is that a new trail because I rode a new section of an existing trail that looks quite similar to that and it was fantastic. Who says new school cant be combined with the old school?

Shed head!

July 19, 2012, 4:10 p.m.

Is that a new trail because I rode a new section of an existing trail that looks quite similar to that and it was fantastic. Who says new school cant be combined with the old school?

Sounds like you might be on the right track….so to speak. You've probably not ridden that section yet though unless Digger has been busy(er) and opened it.

treezz
wow you are a ass

July 20, 2012, 8:59 a.m.

I'm calling it "Cappuccino".

:canada:

July 20, 2012, 9:18 a.m.

Rightfully, a lot of Expresso/Executioner love here, but the work done on Dreamweaver deserve huge props as well. Some might not be into gold and flow but the craftsmanship on Dreamweaver is without question, first-rate. Monster reroutes

Aug. 16, 2012, 4:24 p.m.

There are a few trees down on P. Starfish that could use some chainsawin. Not too far down the entrance

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity