Fromme 2012 Conditions

July 1, 2011, 11:03 p.m.

Apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere.

Hopefully the talented person that rebuilt part of the coaster on Lower Crippler reads this: the first part of it, which was the old, original wood, has rotted away and partially collapsed. It is unridable now, which is a shame because the rest of it, rebuilt not too long ago, is a thing of beauty, one of the coolest structures on Fromme for sure.

Jan. 1, 2012, 2:58 p.m.

Holey shitte Muslim!! Anybody have as good as ride as we did to ring the new year? Thanks you Halliday for getting it going! I'd like to report that the following trails are in prime conditions right fricken now!!

Lynn Valley Bikes start, nimby trails to MountainViewPark, quick "Happy New Years" to Monica, up Lwr Griff all way to Cedar and out on Mtn Hyw (80% rideable!!), up to 6th (lil' bit snow starting at St Mary's trail exit but rode dirt all way up), dropped in Bitchexcutner, some loamy goodness? to upper Dreamweaver, DrmWvr all way to Skid Road, up Skid Road to where new climb trail eventually comes out, down (what? you assh[HTML_REMOVED]$e!) climb trail to St Mary's, across to Dempsey, Penzoil out and into Princess Park and Delaney's for coffee!! Ride #1 for 2012…thankyou!

Get out and ride, boggy holes but freakishly dry in spots and good!

Jan. 1, 2012, 9:44 p.m.

^^^^^ Where was everybody??? Fantastic first ride of 2012 to 7th (still a few spots to push), out at Leppard
and back up to Executioner, surprisingly dry-ish, sun and so fun!

Jan. 1, 2012, 9:46 p.m.

I got up for a late afternoon lap of Ladies and Lower Crippler, nice to see some dry woodwork!

flickr

Jan. 3, 2012, 10:56 a.m.

Yesterday was awesome. We had to push after UOC entry and light snow starting at 7th, but it was all rideable, bit icy for the first 100m. The logs, rock rolls and steep nautral lines all were in prime shape.
7th with the log exit, Grannies to Crippler and Dempsey Connector back made for a great xc loop.

Jan. 3, 2012, 9:35 p.m.

How was Grannies Onegear? Rode it from mid-trail down a couple of weeks ago and it was great but I think the top is in need of the most attention…bridges, or lack of?

Jan. 3, 2012, 9:38 p.m.

We need this: http://bikeco.ca/trails/squamish-trails/ here, or at nsmba.ca….Wad chu tink?

Jan. 3, 2012, 10:30 p.m.

you'd need someone to manage it fulltime.

The bikeco one was updated last in November, and I'm pretty sure the lower trails in Squamish were snowfree during December.

Jan. 3, 2012, 10:41 p.m.

Yeah I suppose you are right, the NSMBA should get er going. It would be best if it were user updated to minimize management….I suppose that might maximize management! I know of something happening, PM me and I'll link you!

Jan. 3, 2012, 11:26 p.m.

That is an idea that could possibly coincide with the NSMBA Watchmen program, though I would be hesitant to add more work to an already-volunteer program. If a trail status list could be made to benefit both the purpose of the program and the end trail users, we'd have a win-win.

flickr

Jan. 4, 2012, 12:36 a.m.

How was Grannies Onegear? Rode it from mid-trail down a couple of weeks ago and it was great but I think the top is in need of the most attention…bridges, or lack of?

I thought that Grannies was in prime shape, but there was a couple of sketch parts with the really aging woodwork and classic root lines. I have always had a soft spot for the trail. It seems to me to be getting softer due to more traffic on other lines, like bitch's executioner.

Jan. 4, 2012, 10:15 a.m.

One reason the nsmb trail conditions board was created was for this purpose. So people could post updates after a ride.

This thread and the Seymour thread is working pretty well this year.

It would be hard for even a small group of people to keep an accurate update of the trails especially at this time of year when conditions are constantly changing.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Jan. 5, 2012, 5:04 p.m.

Rode Seventh to LOC today…

Seventh was awesome; the ice at the entrance has thawed and the roots are a great challenge. LOC skinnies are a challenge as always, with lots of muddy bogs to either side. I guess it isn't in much worse condition than the last time I rode it, many months ago.

Jan. 5, 2012, 9:16 p.m.

All in the works gentlemen…lots of good things in the pipe

Hopefully just weed.

diggin

Jan. 10, 2012, 5:45 p.m.

Rode 7th, Ladies, Upper and Lower Skull this afternoon.

Had to push from UOC, heavy frost and ice on 7th Secret for first 100m. Woodwork was sketchy! After that, just a touch damp the rest of the way down the mountain.

Great day.