shed is being torn down

Feb. 14, 2004, 7:40 a.m.

Originally posted by Incorrigible
excellent way to look at it reckless rider!!! you are so right.

hahah thanks:)

Chad

minus signature

Feb. 14, 2004, 10:29 a.m.

damn those sue happy parents:mad:

BIG FEET MAKE FOR BETTER GRIP ON THE PEDALS!!
BANSHEE PRIDE:D .243 PRIDE:D
http://www.speedmetalracing.com/

Feb. 14, 2004, 11:01 a.m.

Originally posted by Heatmizer
**Chances are the kid doesn't have clue wtf is going on if he's young.

Daddy is probably a greedy lawyer or just whiny some prick that wants to get richer. **

Thats a good point - I've targeted the kid from the get go and then his parents. Its possible the kid really didnt have anything to do with the lawsuit and his rents are some whino's…

Anyways, I stopped by the shed on the way home from work yesterday to see what happened to it. Its bad and then its not. All depends if they finished their work on Friday or if they'll be back on Monday. They clearly left one of the more labour intensive trails up as the cut out other stuff surrounding it.

I'm hoping there's a lilttle guardian angel on wheels ripping around somewhere.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Feb. 14, 2004, 11:25 a.m.

the thing is this kid and his parents won't get any money from this but we all still get the shaft:mad:

Feb. 14, 2004, 11:43 a.m.

is this going to court? maybe we, as mountain bikers, should do some fund-raising or whatever needs to be done to help the city fight the court case?

even if the trails are still removed, i think it would be a victory if the kid was not awarded a single penny.

other landowners would see that these cases can be won and that the general mountain biking community will help defend them.

wishful thinking maybe, but instead of just whining about this, maybe we can actually help?

Feb. 14, 2004, 11:45 a.m.

a long time ago we used to have some ramps in green timbers park in surrey back when i was a wee little mountain biker. well, the same thing happened and the city tore it down. so me being opnionated little bastard i am wrote a damn good article for the papers around here (its funny when a kid in grade 8 can write something better than most of hte adults that write in). well they published it and i talked about how i could either be selling/using drugs, spraypainting city hall and stealing cars, or i could write my bike on a log i nthe forest, be healthy and become a productive member of society.

i remember three or 4 more letters written in responding to me agreeing with me, and one pissy old bastard against. thast what i call ownage.

anyways, thast my story. a good idea would be to have a lot of mtn bikers who ride the shed write letters like that to the city or the papers or something. if you get people more aware of it, then the city is obligated to take action. a good place for people to vent their anger also.

and if ther eis anybody who knows their laws here, clear this up for me. why cant the city just put a rider code of conduct and disclaimer thing like at whistler and othe resorts. if they have that, and label the bike trails by cooperating with builders, why cant they just have a sign up at entrances like at major bike and ski places.

Feb. 14, 2004, 11:54 a.m.

Originally posted by wilkez

and if ther eis anybody who knows their laws here, clear this up for me. why cant the city just put a rider code of conduct and disclaimer thing like at whistler and othe resorts. if they have that, and label the bike trails by cooperating with builders, why cant they just have a sign up at entrances like at major bike and ski places. **

the problem is a good lawyer can get around any signage or waivers.

that kid (Travis munro?) that broke his back on the school trip managed to sue both Whistler and the School district… all their legal protections ended up being useless in the end. weird part about that was the judge even admitted it was essentially 100% the kid's fault, but he still awarded some money…

Feb. 14, 2004, 11:54 a.m.

the city is not going to be in trouble because of this. They just don't want to have to deal with it. The thing is they are making more work for themselves by not acknowledging and accepting us

Feb. 14, 2004, 12:36 p.m.

Even though I whole-heartedly agree with all of the underlying ETHICS these parents are MOLESTING, the thing that pisses me off the most is that the SHEDBIKECLUB had AN AGREEMENT with the DELTA PARKS BOARD, NOT to tear down ANYTHING further…..

They said they wouldn't… They said they'd start helping us/or guiding us into making the shed an 'official' bike park (with disclaimer signs and so forth at each trail)……

That was at least a year ago… And now they go and do this…

They don't give 2 shits about us, and I hate those small-town fuckin bureaucrats because of it….

Like someone afore mentioned, spineless… completely spineless..

Feb. 14, 2004, 2:29 p.m.

Stop Them!

Do what we did when they tried to bulldoze our Dirt jump park on the island. If they still plan on tearing down more, get as many people as you can to block them from working but make sure you get a few people that are none mtn bike riders as well as the local media. They might call in the police to remove your blockcade but if you make a big enough effort to stop them it might save what is left. We ended up saving our entire park and we got a petiotion signed by the entire community saying they would rather have us riding our jumps then being a menace to the neighbourhood. We ended up having some meeting with our city and by the end the park is now an officail dirt jump spot.

When we were in the same situation as you we weren't going to let them destroy something that took us years to build just because one person complained about noise! It's all about getting as many people on your side as possible with out creating bad publicity for the mtb community.

Hopefully there is still some left to save
Good Luck

Feb. 14, 2004, 6:28 p.m.

Originally posted by wilkez
a long time ago we used to have some ramps in green timbers park in surrey back when i was a wee little mountain biker.

I remember those they were sick I used to go there and ride and build to:lol:

minus signature

Feb. 14, 2004, 6:35 p.m.

any of you vic riders remeber the jhonston street bridge incident?
god that was like nightmareish…

it totaly sucks that your trials are getting torn down i dont understand why parents sue the city for this kinda stuff theyre just to stupid and need a brick thrown at their heads

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Feb. 15, 2004, 9:11 p.m.

Originally posted by Swany
would rather have us riding our jumps then being a menace to the neighbourhood. We ended up having some meeting with our city and by the end the park is now an officail dirt jump spot.

So it came to me - urban vigilante rides where we moutain bikers terrorize the streets of Delta and only the streets of Delta .. so its a step backwards but if I get hit by a car b/c I have nowhere to ride I'll sue for some dumbass reason

:???:

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Feb. 16, 2004, 12:58 a.m.

Individual bikers don't exist on their own, someone in Delta must know who this kid is. My advice is get a crew together, go to his house (make it some sorta get well soon type thing), and don't leave untill his parents understand full well what kindof scum they are. Make your own karma.

Feb. 16, 2004, 1:44 a.m.

Looks like we're turning into Americans…sueing at every oppurtunity to make some money on someone eles's back.

I wish it didn't have to happen like this. People need to take responsibility for their own actions.