Ryan Leech who?

Dec. 9, 2010, 11:33 a.m.

I don't get what all the repost fuss is all about either. Internet mafia! Once you get to a certain level of forum proficiency (black belt?) you would never be caught dead reposting for fear of the wrath of GIFs and jpegs!

That said Danny Mac owes more to Ryan Leech than the other way around. Notice how he doesn't do set up or recovery hops? Who do you think he learned that from?

Manifesto!

I must admit, Leech's segment in what was it, Kranked 6 I think, where he does the trials line on the shore is one of the best segments I've seen in biking videos.

Dec. 9, 2010, 12:12 p.m.

I must admit, Leech's segment in what was it, Kranked 6 I think, where he does the trials line on the shore is one of the best segments I've seen in biking videos.

But the music sucked….really.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Dec. 12, 2010, 3:07 a.m.

I don't get what all the repost fuss is all about either. Internet mafia! Once you get to a certain level of forum proficiency (black belt?) you would never be caught dead reposting for fear of the wrath of GIFs and jpegs!

Alright, If you don't mind, I don't mind either.

Sorry for being a dick Karx.

www.natooke.com

Dec. 13, 2010, 9:30 a.m.

Universe is a funny guy. The thread title is weak sauce indeed. They are both infinitely good. I would love to go for a trail rip with those two and magically be able to keep up so I could watch. But this thread was worth it just for the video.

www.northshorebillet.com

Dec. 14, 2010, 4:49 p.m.

I think the stuff Danny is doing is much more dynamic than Ryans stuff.

the reverse nose wheelies, the reverse manuals - stopping in a manual and the rolling forward again. is sick

the huge gaps he is doing, the huge bunnyhops to rear tire to huge bunnyhop over a bench is crazy.

i have much respect for Ryan and his contributions the trials - no set ups etc, but the stuff Danny is doing had my Jaw on the floor for the entire flick.

the opening front flip of the castle wall is sick. so are the front wheel pivot to 180 drops.

I never believed that someone could do this stuff. Parqour on a bike. here's to the evolution of our sport.

The King of E-Ville
Welcome to "E-ville"
population "Me"

Dec. 17, 2010, 10:37 p.m.

That said Danny Mac owes more to Ryan Leech than the other way around. Notice how he doesn't do set up or recovery hops? Who do you think he learned that from?

Manifesto!

You're right. The repost thing is moot. Its more the "Wade Simmons who?"

Dec. 20, 2010, 10:33 a.m.

WADE WHO!!!!!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME - THEM'S FIGHTING WORDS IN THESE PARTS!

Congrats to Wade on his induction into the MTB hall of Fame this year.

The King of E-Ville
Welcome to "E-ville"
population "Me"

Dec. 20, 2010, 12:12 p.m.

Wow stunning video, thanks for the post (I had not seen it before)

How the hell does he not destroy is bike with drops to falt like that?

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Dec. 20, 2010, 4:06 p.m.

Why do so many people take shots at Ryan Leech every time Danny Mac is discussed?

Dec. 21, 2010, 7:03 a.m.

Why do so many people take shots at Ryan Leech every time Danny Mac is discussed?

This could be considered a rhetorical question.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Dec. 21, 2010, 10:08 p.m.

Yea, the Repost backlash is likely caused by the appearance of disrespect to Leech.

I'm sure it'll be said, but Ryan does a lot more for the sport than appear in videos and pioneer moves. He's an amazing ambassador for the sport and gets little kids and groms and adults stoked on biking.

Once Danny Mac starts to do the same, we can compare them.

Dec. 21, 2010, 10:35 p.m.

Yea, the Repost backlash is likely caused by the appearance of disrespect to Leech.

I'm sure it'll be said, but Ryan does a lot more for the sport than appear in videos and pioneer moves. He's an amazing ambassador for the sport and gets little kids and groms and adults stoked on biking.

Once Danny Mac starts to do the same, we can compare them.

People need to be aware that Ryan and Leech are at different points in their careers. Danny is where Ryan was about 10 years ago. Ryan in the beginning years wasn't the great ambassador everyone thinks he is from the start. He worked and over the years became one.

Danny will evolve over the years like Ryan did and Hans did before him. One can not compare Hans to Ryan or Ryan to Danny. Each one is a different rider in the evolution of trials.

This is like trying to compare Dave Murray to John Kucera.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Dec. 23, 2010, 3:26 a.m.

its still a cool movie.