Jump/flow trail on the Shore

Aug. 22, 2012, 11:24 a.m.

I am new to the area and have ridden lots of fromme and seymour in my short time here so far. However, I have not been able to find one flow trail with multiple jumps and step downs (bobsled doesn’t count.) I’d appreciate it if someone could tell me if there is one on either fromme or seymour, as I am somewhat new to the area. Thanks.

Aug. 22, 2012, 11:34 a.m.

There are none. Try the Whistler Bike Park instead.

Aug. 22, 2012, 12:36 p.m.

There might be something somewhere on those mountains. Best to start looking around/ hiking/ exploring to find the goodies. These things must be earned, not given away on the interwebz

My Team From San Luis Obispo, CA
SLOtothebone.wordpress.com

My Dirtbag Team in BC
The B-Team

B-Team :heart:'s You

Aug. 22, 2012, 5:03 p.m.

Nothing I know of on Fromme or Seymour.

You might want to check out Half or Full nelson in Squamish (simillerish to Crank it up in WPB)

Go to about 2.45m:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKCPbHocwe4

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Aug. 22, 2012, 5:45 p.m.

Just build lips on bobsled….wait don't do that!

:p

Aug. 22, 2012, 5:55 p.m.

If Bobsled doesn't count then neither will Half Nelson - in fact I'd say there are even fewer jumps on Half Nelson (that video pretty much tells you everything you need to know). So yeah, Whistler is your best bet. And perhaps try the Sunshine Coast too.

Aug. 22, 2012, 6:40 p.m.

Nothing I know of on Fromme or Seymour.

You might want to check out Half or Full nelson in Squamish (simillerish to Crank it up in WPB)

Go to about 2.45m:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKCPbHocwe4

awwww that trail in the video looks horrible.
throw some handrails onto those wide bridges and you got yourself an awesome walking trail LOL.

superheros
I like bikes

Aug. 22, 2012, 6:56 p.m.

Head out to the woodlot in maple ridge. thats what you are looking for.

Aug. 22, 2012, 8:50 p.m.

It's been years, but I think Mach Chicken on the SSC is a good jump trail.

Thread killer

Aug. 22, 2012, 9:03 p.m.

There might be something somewhere on those mountains. Best to start looking around/ hiking/ exploring to find the goodies. These things must be earned, not given away on the interwebz

I always laugh at the illegal bro brah dood trails here, because all they are is the same as any half decent trail pretty well anywhere else on the planet. Dirt on a trail? WTF! A trail that doesn't point straight down a mountain? OMG!

treezz
wow you are a ass

Aug. 23, 2012, 12:48 a.m.

Keep 'er chill in here guys.

flickr

Aug. 23, 2012, 10:01 p.m.

The guy with a screen name of Shore-Is-Gnarly is looking for flow?

Aug. 24, 2012, 8:57 a.m.

Go to Seymour… all crushed gravel trails have plenty of flow.

Aug. 30, 2012, 10 a.m.

I have a vision that I would love to act on though would require a lot of time, effort and dedication that I'd surprise myself to muster.

38DD is an old decommissioned trail running from the 3rd SB to right around the top of Bobsled. It would be awesome to re-route the trail to be both longer and up to current standards and build it into a bermed trail with medium sized jumps, kind of a tougher blue or easy black run as a natural progression from Bobsled. I'm thinking tables that are like Whistler blue run in scope, but built to have a naturally bigger and smaller take-off point (the smaller being more intuitive to keep greener riders safe).

It's a grand idea in my opinion but I don't know if it's at all feasable/possible to get the necessary ducks in a row, and if there's manpower (I don't have the clout yet) to do it with all the stuff already going on. Maybe one day.

Aug. 30, 2012, 1:33 p.m.

There might or might not be a plan on something in that zone allready only time will tell.

I have a vision that I would love to act on though would require a lot of time, effort and dedication that I'd surprise myself to muster.

38DD is an old decommissioned trail running from the 3rd SB to right around the top of Bobsled. It would be awesome to re-route the trail to be both longer and up to current standards and build it into a bermed trail with medium sized jumps, kind of a tougher blue or easy black run as a natural progression from Bobsled. I'm thinking tables that are like Whistler blue run in scope, but built to have a naturally bigger and smaller take-off point (the smaller being more intuitive to keep greener riders safe).

It's a grand idea in my opinion but I don't know if it's at all feasable/possible to get the necessary ducks in a row, and if there's manpower (I don't have the clout yet) to do it with all the stuff already going on. Maybe one day.