Bobsled Grand Opening Sat Sept 25

Sept. 24, 2010, 6:54 p.m.

I think some of the money should have went to Digger… he built Cypress Bike Park for less and his work speaks for itself.

I agree that Digger should be on the DNV payrole. It's unfortunate that the DNV decided not to use Digger in their efforts. Leaving him out seems disrespectful to the heritage of our sport. His input still could be very valuable to the young diggers the DNV has hired on.

Digger has some of the best building styles and techniques of anyone I've met and worked with, and he could share a lot of knowledge with the building community, but I disagree with him receiving any of the DNV grant money.

I think it opens up a big can of worms. First of all, why Digger? He returned to Fromme this year and did an amazing job on Ladies Only, but what about all the other builders? Each of them have put in thousands of hours on trails like Natural High, Immonator, Pipeline, Oilcan, Boundary, Digger, Crippler. Do we cut them all a cheque as well? How about NSMBA execs? I know I've put in at least 500hrs this year. Sharon's in for a couple years worth of salary as well!

People don't volunteer on trails because of money. They do it cause they love to build trails. If Digger had wanted to be on the District payroll, he would have applied for the job.

Now . . . if a new project comes up where an organization has money to build or repair trails, and Digger was interested in participating, I'm sure his application would be at the top of the list!

Sept. 24, 2010, 7:15 p.m.

are the BBQ free ?

Sept. 24, 2010, 8:06 p.m.

Digger has some of the best building styles and techniques of anyone I've met and worked with, and he could share a lot of knowledge with the building community, but I disagree with him receiving any of the DNV grant money.

I think it opens up a big can of worms. First of all, why Digger? He returned to Fromme this year and did an amazing job on Ladies Only, but what about all the other builders? Each of them have put in thousands of hours on trails like Natural High, Immonator, Pipeline, Oilcan, Boundary, Digger, Crippler. Do we cut them all a cheque as well? How about NSMBA execs? I know I've put in at least 500hrs this year. Sharon's in for a couple years worth of salary as well!

People don't volunteer on trails because of money. They do it cause they love to build trails. If Digger had wanted to be on the District payroll, he would have applied for the job.

Now . . . if a new project comes up where an organization has money to build or repair trails, and Digger was interested in participating, I'm sure his application would be at the top of the list!

well said

Sept. 24, 2010, 8:19 p.m.

are the BBQ free ?

FREE BBQ and Group rides start as soon as the ceremony is over.

Sept. 24, 2010, 8:21 p.m.

New trails? Where?

you're joking right? The one time I've ridden Fromme this year, I saw at least 2 newly cut lines.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Sept. 24, 2010, 9:31 p.m.

you're joking right? The one time I've ridden Fromme this year, I saw at least 2 newly cut lines.

you're not talking about the one that leads to the gap over the frog pond are you?

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Sept. 24, 2010, 10:46 p.m.

No one should get paid for past work but any trail that does get built or maintained on Fromme from a paid party should hire Digger as a consultant. His 25 years plus of trail building knowledge could really come in handy and he loves to show his knowledge to the eager. It would definately save money in the long run and the trails would be better designed. I'm pretty sure he wasn't approached to help on this grant and that's really a shame.

:canada:

Sept. 24, 2010, 10:57 p.m.

Nice save on the post Jerry….

didnt know nsmb was only for pros

its not, its only for dicks.

My Flickr

Sept. 25, 2010, 7:05 a.m.

trails all look great. Include Digger and they could be awesome,

Sept. 25, 2010, 7:10 a.m.

Gonna be some slick climbing on Bobsled today with all this rain.

Pastor of Muppets

Sept. 25, 2010, 11:21 a.m.

word. so stoked to hit that climb and hi5 the mayor on the way down.

Sept. 25, 2010, 11:27 a.m.

Hey guys. I driving up to fromme for the first time this weekend. I have heard that parking is an issue up there. Where is a good place to park?

Too classy:rocker:

Sept. 25, 2010, 1:54 p.m.

Hey guys. I driving up to fromme for the first time this weekend. I have heard that parking is an issue up there. Where is a good place to park?

Generally on Coleman and then ride/walk up. Just look for signage -you can't park past coleman and most signage near by can tell you how long you can park there for. Apparently there were some tickets being issued today.

Sept. 25, 2010, 2:58 p.m.

Probably wasn't too keen after being hauled in and made to sign a cease and desist. Who would be?

That he's even back and building at all after that bullshit shows the character of the guy.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Sept. 25, 2010, 4:23 p.m.

Missed the opening because of work but would still like to give props to the mayor.
Is it Richard Walton at [email protected]