Another gravel path... Courtesy of MEC and NSMBA

Are you happy with the new cardiac express?

Yes I love riding gravel paths
55.9%
No I like the shore with its natural challenges.
44.1%
Total votes: 68
April 23, 2013, 8:07 a.m.

I just got off Bridle after not being on it for the past few months (skiing etc). Wow is one word that came to mind as I tried to understand the convoluted spaghetti mess of rules and regulation on how to ride my bike.

And then I got to cardiac bypass. The thing about Cardiac bypass has always been that it is a tough little section. Don't like it? Choose another way. Perhaps go straight or take Sticks and stones (a fine trail). The beauty of Cardiac bypass was that it blended with nature perfectly. And it was a testing ground. There were only about 4 tricky sections that, if you nailed them all you were a happy camper, and if you blew one or two of them you could say maybe next time.

NSMBA has take those options and the greatness of this trail away from us. I understand that is a bold statement. But really what is cardiac today now with every feature removed? Its just another gravel trail. There is nothing left. Nothing remains on it. Its just gravel.
The fact that they chainsawed out trees that had been ridden over for more than a decade is beyond my understanding. We are talking about logs that have been ridden so many times the groove was nearly halfway through. They rolled the rock out that you could see approaching from 20 metres away and could easily plan for. This is what builds skills. Now gone.

Shame on NSMBA and MEC for building without care or respect for history or its surroundings.

April 23, 2013, 8:26 a.m.

:lol:

I'm totally fine seeing an eroded section of crap get some long needed attention. And it looks like gold, not gravel, so there is no poll option for me.

Thanks to the vollies that gave their time back to the trail. Bridle has never run better then now, and it's turning into a go to lap when I just want a pedally fitness lap.

April 23, 2013, 8:27 a.m.

…And here we go again

Loud Hubs Save Lives

April 23, 2013, 8:32 a.m.

can we have just one "MOTHAF'INGNSMBAHASEFFEDMEOVERIMSOHARDCORE!" thread?

April 23, 2013, 8:34 a.m.

I'm totally fine seeing an eroded section of crap get some long needed attention. And it looks like gold, not gravel, so there is no poll option for me.

Thanks to the vollies that gave their time back to the trail. Bridle has never run better then now, and it's turning into a go to lap when I just want a pedally fitness lap.

yes I agree, bridle bikes and runs great now, and look at the great work on bottle top. In fact all the great work I keep finding out on the trails

Shredding hypothetical gnarr

April 23, 2013, 8:35 a.m.

another nameless troll with 2 posts…

:canada:

April 23, 2013, 9:05 a.m.

Props to NSMBA and the vollies for all their work on Bridle Path this year… MUCH appreciated by everyone I've talked to along the trail.

Well first time I came up to where the log used to be, I admit being a bit disappointed, but its called Cardiac BYPASS, isn't Cardiac the challenge?

Now if they ever get a day advertised for sorting out that 10 foot wide jumble of roots and rocks and above the Golf course, I'll be there… I'll book a day of work to help sort that out…

April 23, 2013, 9:23 a.m.

another nameless troll with 2 posts…

So does that mean because I don't live on forums my voice is worth less? Seriously? I am ok with getting flamed here. So far the number of people I have personally (used my voice) to discuss this with have all had the same sentiment regarding the bypass.. I mean expressway. That being.. there was no need for cutting trees and moving natural obstacles.

I am talking about altering natural occurrences here. Was there really a need for this? I doubt it.

I am glad you enjoy it now. Does that mean you hated it before? Really? I am not complaining about salamander or sticks etc.. Sure I appreciate the trail builders.. but they went way too far on this one. There is nothing left on it now. How is it any different from riverside?

Opinions and voices aren't bad things. I am just really sad that people won't be able to enjoy a natural trail any longer.

April 23, 2013, 9:28 a.m.

Macaroo has a pretty solid point. Bitch him out if you want, but there are plenty of trails to be "dumbed down".

Cardiac should have been left alone. I agree. The whole point with that section is that it was an option.

Build the gravel path around and leave the challenging options for those that enjoy. Happy medium could have been achieved here?

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

April 23, 2013, 9:32 a.m.

THEY'RE DUMBING DOWN BRIDAL PATH!!!

personally, i prefer the trail the way it was too, compared to the smooth ribbon of gold it seems destined to become. but i'm stoked that there will soon be an accessible beginner xc trail running across the base of seymour mountain: by the time my son is ready for 10k rides i think he and my wife will be able to pump and roll their way along bridal from mt. seymour road to fishermans trail and back. stoked!

props to the nsmba for its vision and audacity, and all of the volly's putting in time

edit: happy steve?

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

April 23, 2013, 9:39 a.m.

THEY'RE DUMBING DOWN BRIDAL PATH!!!

(and it's bridle)

April 23, 2013, 9:42 a.m.

I, for one, did hate that eroded mess. When I'm on my way back from a longer ride I want to use the bypass as that: a bypass around more challenging stuff. If I'm up for it, I'll ride sticks and stones, or cardiac. If I'm tired or late, I want to bypass those trails.

A couple of questions though:
1.) Calling it a gravel path? Really? Don't you think that's slightly hyperbolic? It's not an eight foot wide, completely flat, smooth trail with crushed gravel on it. In fact, there's no gravel on it…
2.) People are no longer able to enjoy a natural trail? What's unnatural about mineral soil?
3.) Did I miss something? I didn't receive a convoluted spaghetti mess of rules and regulations on how to ride my bike. Am I doing it wrong?

As for the NSMBA: thanks for all your hard work on the trails!

Ride, don't slide.

April 23, 2013, 9:42 a.m.

Dissenting thoughts will not be heard unless you put your shovel where your mouth is.

….Although,if you DO put your shovel where your mouth is,you must adhere to the vision of the chosen one.

Pastor of Muppets

April 23, 2013, 9:58 a.m.

Just wait until someone posts the 2154 with 622 sitting at the beginning of a certain north shore trail. ha, ha, ha,

April 23, 2013, 10:32 a.m.

Macaroo has a pretty solid point. Bitch him out if you want, but there are plenty of trails to be "dumbed down".

Cardiac should have been left alone. I agree. The whole point with that section is that it was an option.

Build the gravel path around and leave the challenging options for those that enjoy. Happy medium could have been achieved here?

I second this

http://www.epiccyclist.com/