This is the car....

Oct. 2, 2003, 5:36 p.m.

I dirve a Toyota corolla. I'm not going to race and I don't have aton of money to drop into insurence and gas (Trucks/SUVs) nor do I want to have an endless repair bill (domestics) My cars costs 5$ to take to the shore and back from Richmond and less than $20 for a Whistler round trip. It doesn't spontaneously combust like some domestics either.
No I don't race it but it gets me where I need to go at a decent enough speed. Hardly anyone races their car so droping $30k on mods is fucking stupid.

Oct. 2, 2003, 5:41 p.m.

Originally posted by Lunatik
I dirve a Toyota corolla. I'm not going to race and I don't have aton of money to drop into insurence and gas (Trucks/SUVs) nor do I want to have an endless repair bill (domestics) My cars costs 5$ to take to the shore and back from Richmond and less than $20 for a Whistler round trip. It doesn't spontaneously combust like some domestics either.
No I don't race it but it gets me where I need to go at a decent enough speed. Hardly anyone races their car so droping $30k on mods is fucking stupid.

:werd:

Smartest and most accurate post in the whole thread.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 2, 2003, 7:01 p.m.

Originally posted by switch
**:werd:

Smartest and most accurate post in the whole thread. **

:love: you're such a stud Rob.

Oct. 2, 2003, 7:06 p.m.

Originally posted by North Shore Kaya
Ya, those thing are unexplainable, such as a Plymouth Barracuda

If I could pick any two cars in the whole wide world, the 'Cuda would be choice #2. It's powered by a Hemi……enough said.

And no I wasn't being sarcastic when i said that that Porsche was disgustingly ugly. IT IS! I could build a more aesthetically pleasing car out of Duplo.

Oct. 2, 2003, 8:03 p.m.

Originally posted by BoostedXT
Ehhh BMW's ……..you know the new M3's where called back for engine failure right? Makes ya wanna spend $60K on a car huh?

not sure if this was stated yet,

it was because of people pushing it on cold engines, cruising around redlined, anyways they replaced them all.:D

BAM

"you didn't tell them about my pubes, did you?" -Garth

Oct. 2, 2003, 8:17 p.m.

Yea, the engine's were recalled because people were abusing them beyond factory spec (meeting redline out of the parking lot and such).

Enough people tried to run the claimed 13.4 seconds right from the showroom, and enough people complained about the car's breaking that they recalled everything and now all of the cars come with cards that say your warranty will be voided if you don't break in the engine (I believe).

I'd rather have an STi and a Volvo S60R (or V60R) instead of one M3 or a Ferrari, or anything. I happen to like the fact that if I break something, or dent something, I will have the money to fix it. I won't need parts ordered from Italy, or Germany, or France. Upgrade potential through the roof. 300hp is enough for a base car, and both have 6-speeds and AWD. Perfect IMO.

I like my women like I like my Scotch. 15 years old and mixed up with coke.

Oct. 2, 2003, 8:26 p.m.

an M3 would be fine as an everyday car, plus people would be more prone not to hit it because its still :cool:
i do like those volvos tho.

"you didn't tell them about my pubes, did you?" -Garth

Oct. 2, 2003, 8:26 p.m.

Yea dude, carrying a bike on that ricer might take up all of the 50HP it has to lug its self around with. Wouldn't do it . . .

Oct. 2, 2003, 9:16 p.m.

Originally posted by Draco Rider
My step-par has a '00 WR. Smoked by the Supra though. Hes selling it for an RX-8.

no such thing… 2001 was the first year the wrx was in North America…. he either has that or a 2.5 rs

yes I lost it

Oct. 2, 2003, 9:26 p.m.

theres alot of bs being posted in this thread … obviously the wrx is one of the best moves done by any company in a LONG time… fast… safe…daily driver…winter able…. looks great… not too expensive….

i wont even talk about the sti because that car is jsut rediculous(sp?)

as for the honda's they are indeed great for daily driving and reliability…. and to any car that can get into 11s let alone lower you need to give respect.

as for the 5.0 stang… i dont know… good looks… huge engine… 0 handling… if you're draggin yes… as for anything else its pretty useless… no offence chump i still love your car for what it is..

whoever posted that a 1.8T jetta will pull on a stang or a camaro is obviously pulling against weakling v6's with auto trannies… no way in hell would you pull on a 4.6L stang with a manual tranny.

as for the torous sho… yes cool car… pretty fast… but still a boat… and is not much better then the stangs in the handling dept… try an svt contour in the twisties and it will lose all stangs new or old.

yes I lost it

Oct. 2, 2003, 9:34 p.m.

BBBBBBAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH CARS ARE GAY ESPECIALLY ONES WITH MAGS AND STUPID MUFFELERS, TRUCKS ARE WHERE ITS AT

FINISHED.

Oct. 2, 2003, 9:38 p.m.

SHO's have been known to take sweeping corners at speeds that would turn a mustang into a cloud of dust. The G3's weigh around 3500 pounds. The G1's and G2's are faster (MT G1's will pull times around 15.1 and 14.9. The G3's will tip around 15.4 to 15.5 in the 1/4). Standing mile and the SHO is untouchable.

The WRX is the best thing to happen to the auto industry since the introduction of the Pontiac GTP, and the Buick Grand National. Forced Induction with a factory warranty, it's a beautiful thing. The STI is only better.

M3's only get you in trouble. Everyone want's to race the rich kid in the BMW to prove that the blown 5.0 they spent 3k on is faster than a $60k BMW. The world is full of people like that, and those people are rarely good drivers. I would rather not be put in that position. But that's just me.

I like my women like I like my Scotch. 15 years old and mixed up with coke.

Oct. 2, 2003, 10:10 p.m.

Im a muscle car fan, but i still have respect for some imports, and not all imports are "rice" for fucks sake, its rice after you add "mods" that do nothing to handeling/speed/performance.