The Riots of 2020

June 1, 2020, 8:54 a.m.

There is no mystery here.  People are angry at what they have seen over and over again by heavy-handed police killing black people over small offenses.  Some riot and light fires and they are not justified by their anger, but this is what happens when people are pushed to the edge.  This is a problem that existed for a long time so it can't be laid at Trump's feet, but he has stoked racial tensions that make the current environment much worse.

And WTF does sanctuary cities have to do with this?

June 1, 2020, 9:04 a.m.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=271546193965209

June 1, 2020, 9:13 a.m.

This is a perfect shitstorm for black America.  The president doesn't give a shit about them, COVID is killing them far more than the rest of America, they are carrying the highest burden economically from COVID, and this is on top of a system that has never been even close to fair for them.  We all watch a black man killed on TV over a small-time fraud while white-collar crime is rampant and few even go to jail.  

I think this is going to go on through to summer at least.

June 1, 2020, 12:38 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

There is no mystery here. People are angry at what they have seen over and over again by heavy-handed police killing black people over small offenses. Some riot and light fires and they are not justified by their anger, but this is what happens when people are pushed to the edge. This is a problem that existed for a long time so it can't be laid at Trump's feet, but he has stoked racial tensions that make the current environment much worse.

Sanctuary Cities - if you're illegally staying in a country, fraudulently earning a living and generally freeloading, does that person actually care enough about the place they're already ripping off to not riot? Fuck no, they'll TAKE even more free shit.

And seriously dude stop blaming Trump for anything and everything - you never let Tungsten or me blame BHO for everything and here's what he said today:

_ I wrote out some thoughts on how to make this moment a real turning point to bring about real change––and pulled together some resources to help young activists sustain the momentum by channeling their energy into concrete action. https://t.co/jEczrOeFdv_

— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) June 1, 2020

I havent read those thoughts but is he aiding and abetting rioters?

Last edited by: aShogunNamedMarcus on June 1, 2020, 12:38 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 1, 2020, 12:54 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

There is no mystery here. People are angry at what they have seen over and over again by heavy-handed police killing black people over small offenses. Some riot and light fires and they are not justified by their anger, but this is what happens when people are pushed to the edge. This is a problem that existed for a long time so it can't be laid at Trump's feet, but he has stoked racial tensions that make the current environment much worse.

Sanctuary Cities - if you're illegally staying in a country, fraudulently earning a living and generally freeloading, does that person actually care enough about the place they're already ripping off to not riot? Fuck no, they'll TAKE even more free shit.

And seriously dude stop blaming Trump for anything and everything - you never let Tungsten or me blame BHO for everything and here's what he said today:

_ I wrote out some thoughts on how to make this moment a real turning point to bring about real change––and pulled together some resources to help young activists sustain the momentum by channeling their energy into concrete action. https://t.co/jEczrOeFdv_

So you think a lot of the rioters are illegal immigrants?  Maybe the cities are blowing up because of the black citizens that live in them.  Doesn't that seem like a far more likely explanation to you?  

And I didn't blame Trump for violent police action.  This is an old problem in America, but he has stoked racial tensions that will make it worse. Do you deny that?  Just the fact that your first thought is "Are these sanctuary cities?" shows that xenophobia is a core part of your MAGA ideology.

Tungsten usually blames Obama for things like maintaining drone strikes or bowing to corporate interests which have a basis in facts.  You blame him for orchestrating a hit job on innocent Donald Trump to steal the 2016 election from him, which is based on alt-right fantasies and projection.

June 1, 2020, 1:08 p.m.

This is a perfect shitstorm for black America. The president doesn't give a shit about them, COVID is killing them far more than the rest of America, they are carrying the highest burden economically from COVID, and this is on top of a system that has never been even close to fair for them. We all watch a black man killed on TV over a small-time fraud while white-collar crime is rampant and few even go to jail.

I think this is going to go on through to summer at least.

So what happens when Asia America decides they want to loot? What happens when the new Latin America wants some pie? Instead of looking to race as the reason and even the past, I think you and other liberals need to understand there's only America and once that sinks in, then some progress can be made

Economic burden? Since when has looting and rioting uplifted people let alone as a whole? This will draw the economy down further and delay any rebuilding of the country from COVID. That's about the only relation to covid unless you suscribe to the bio weapon idea which means these riots are phase2 of some plan. The riots are dividing an already divided people even more and people really really need to start just looking at people for what they do and not what color they are. Otherwise, thats a two teir system or outlook based on race amirite?

In a nutshell what we're seeing is usually called assymmetrical warfare. As for your last sentence, it could end relatively quickly and soon or the Election could be called or delayed for martial reasons. I'm not sure how the American people will feel about which military unit (US Army, Nat Guard, etc) has to fire on apparent citizens but thats when the real lines will be chosen by the majority.

June 1, 2020, 1:17 p.m.

So you think a lot of the rioters are illegal immigrants?  Maybe the cities are blowing up because of the black citizens that live in them.  Doesn't that seem like a far more likely explanation to you?  

And I didn't blame Trump for violent police action.  This is an old problem in America, but he has stoked racial tensions that will make it worse. Do you deny that?  Just the fact that your first thought is "Are these sanctuary cities?" shows that xenophobia is a core part of your MAGA ideology.

Tungsten usually blames Obama for things like maintaining drone strikes or bowing to corporate interests which have a basis in facts.  You blame him for orchestrating a hit job on innocent Donald Trump to steal the 2016 election from him, which is based on alt-right fantasies and projection.

Its just logical thats all. It's the highschool house party mentality. If its not your or your friends house, then its a real party right? And I'm slowly starting to get the image you have of me. Perhaps if you ever collected that $20 and a beer, you could actually get a much clearer picture. Because image's are man made yo!

You'll love this but I'll blame the media and certain congressional members for stoking racial tensions in a much greater capacity than POTUS. The media doesnt exactly highlight the positive stories. Who said the Sanct City's was even my first thought? It was more just a shot at your types of people. Who knows maybe the majority of looters are the released prisoners from US Jails bc of covid and they just happened to be released in all Sanc. cities.

Did you see the bottom of the last page for whats happening this week in legal action? Yup, just more ultra right wing conspiracy theories. And witch hunts of course, cant forget that.

June 1, 2020, 1:22 p.m.

Found another quote from Obama, this one is agreeable:

"Let's not excuse violence, or rationalize it, or participate in it. If we want our criminal justice system, and American society at large, to operate on a higher ethical code, then we have to model that code ourselves,

June 1, 2020, 1:29 p.m.

'Mr President, don't go hide': China goads US over George Floyd protests

Such a good country.

June 1, 2020, 1:40 p.m.

From the former AG:

@jeffsessions

It is enraging to think that at this very moment an American citizen is more likely to be arrested for attending church than for fire-bombing a church, if that person lives in a liberal city or state.

June 1, 2020, 2:11 p.m.

So what happens when Asia America decides they want to loot? What happens when the new Latin America wants some pie? Instead of looking to race as the reason and even the past, I think you and other liberals need to understand there's only America and once that sinks in, then some progress can be made

Economic burden? Since when has looting and rioting uplifted people let alone as a whole? This will draw the economy down further and delay any rebuilding of the country from COVID. That's about the only relation to covid unless you suscribe to the bio weapon idea which means these riots are phase2 of some plan. The riots are dividing an already divided people even more and people really really need to start just looking at people for what they do and not what color they are. Otherwise, thats a two teir system or outlook based on race amirite

Quit being stupid.  It doesn't look good on you.  I am not making this about race, but I know what I see and that is a very angry black America reacting to another black man dead for no reason.

Trump should be bringing the country together, but he isn't capable.

June 1, 2020, 2:21 p.m.

Its just logical thats all. It's the highschool house party mentality. If its not your or your friends house, then its a real party right? And I'm slowly starting to get the image you have of me. Perhaps if you ever collected that $20 and a beer, you could actually get a much clearer picture. Because image's are man made yo!

You'll love this but I'll blame the media and certain congressional members for stoking racial tensions in a much greater capacity than POTUS. The media doesnt exactly highlight the positive stories. Who said the Sanct City's was even my first thought? It was more just a shot at your types of people. Who knows maybe the majority of looters are the released prisoners from US Jails bc of covid and they just happened to be released in all Sanc. cities.

Did you see the bottom of the last page for whats happening this week in legal action? Yup, just more ultra right wing conspiracy theories. And witch hunts of course, cant forget that.

I saw your post about the legal action.  Let Barr investigate.  Wake me up when he is ready to indict someone for an actual crime.  Barr and Trump are happy to engage in conspiracy theories, that is why you love them, but if they have a case then we will see it soon enough.

June 1, 2020, 4:31 p.m.

These pallets of bricks in the streets are a neat touch.

June 1, 2020, 4:53 p.m.

i think the world would be a better place if everyone could just go take a bunch of mushrooms and camp at the beach.

June 1, 2020, 6:04 p.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

i think the world would be a better place if everyone could just go take a bunch of mushrooms and camp at the beach.

I was literally just looking at this website a couple hours ago...

https://www.spores101.co/