The Hockey

May 1, 2024, 3:39 p.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

I got the SN+ sub too. A little disapponted they don't seem to have any real HD options. How much and where do I have to spend my money to watch in HD? Is that only with cable packages? 

Sports is literally the only thing I think this HD 4k crap is actually good for.

Ya, I got it.  I had to.  LOL.

It is not the best and they don't have an app for my big TV, but it much better than not watching the games.  My wife doesn't enjoy hockey and complains during the playoffs, but my daughter is loving watching games with me so it is totally worth it.  :)  She told me she wants a Hughes jersey.

May 1, 2024, 4:34 p.m.

Get an Amazon FireTV stick for like $30 and stream it to your tv. Or if you already have some sort of stress device load the Sportsnet app onto it.

May 1, 2024, 9:43 p.m.

I got the SN+ sub too. A little disapponted they don't seem to have any real HD options. How much and where do I have to spend my money to watch in HD? Is that only with cable packages? 

Sports is literally the only thing I think this HD 4k crap is actually good for.

It’s pretty good for pj0rn0 t00

May 3, 2024, 8:46 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

Get an Amazon FireTV stick for like $30 and stream it to your tv. Or if you already have some sort of stress device load the Sportsnet app onto it.

I have Google TV on my old TV upstairs and it works great for giving an old TV new life. My downstairs TV is fairly new and the smart features are pretty good, but the Google TV is just better so I was planning on getting another one anyway. I like how they have a home screen with shows from all the apps. I always forget what is on which streaming service.

I might have to move this post to First World Problems.

Last edited by: chupacabra on May 3, 2024, 8:46 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
May 3, 2024, 11:46 a.m.

You can't really mess with the Google.  FireTV stick let's you side load apps.

May 3, 2024, 5:36 p.m.

Silovs is doing a bang up job as a back up to the back up goalie.

And these refs are fuckin dum

May 3, 2024, 8:40 p.m.

Stream it from where though? I already have a smart TV. Does the firestick allow you to access hd streams for free somehow?

May 4, 2024, 7:15 a.m.

Stream it from where though? I already have a smart TV. Does the firestick allow you to access hd streams for free somehow?

1. Download the Sportsnet app onto your TV. 

2. Open Sportsnet app and login with your Sportsnet+ subscription

3. Watch the game and scream and yell at your TV when exciting things happen

If you can't download the Sportsnet app onto your TV then get the FireTV stick and download the Sportsnet app onto that.

May 4, 2024, 12:36 p.m.

I used to watch soccer for free on an my Android phone using an app.  I could cast the display to my TV or run the app on a Firestick connected to the TV.  Maybe there's something like that for NHL hockey. 

If you have a smart TV that has a browser, you could just load up CBC Gem and watch the games on it. 

https://gem.cbc.ca/live

May 4, 2024, 2:18 p.m.

Parade aside, as far I'm concerned it doesn't get much better than Canucks vs Oilers in a playoff. 

Tues countdown.

Just got to sit down and watch the Predator game. Screw you guys, I'm going hooome.

May 5, 2024, 12:08 p.m.

Boeser's no look backhand just gets more uncanny with rewatching. Endless slo-mo replays later, the way Pettersson, Boeser and Suter slowly float into position is prescient. Then that perfect centering pass right to Suter and his fly-like reaction into the net beating the defenders... and winning the series.

Loving reading the interviews with Suter too. Fully in the moment. Good on him. It's amazing watching this team elevate.

May 6, 2024, 4:44 a.m.

Dallas Stars...  😍

May 6, 2024, 6:18 a.m.

1. Download the Sportsnet app onto your TV. 

2. Open Sportsnet app and login with your Sportsnet+ subscription

3. Watch the game and scream and yell at your TV when exciting things happen

If you can't download the Sportsnet app onto your TV then get the FireTV stick and download the Sportsnet app onto that.

I already did that, it works fine but the quality is meh. If you had read my question I was asking how do I watch games in 4k HD.

Is it only cable packages that offer this?

May 6, 2024, 7:25 a.m.

I already did that, it works fine but the quality is meh. If you had read my question I was asking how do I watch games in 4k HD.

Is it only cable packages that offer this?

I was replying to chup and then you quoted me, and I responded to what you asked. 

As for 4K it's only available via a cable package, but apparently it's not that much better than 1080P.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rogers/comments/16iox6r/is_sportsnet_streaming_ever_going_to_be_available/

May 6, 2024, 7:58 a.m.

If you have Amazon Prime they are going to start airing NHL regular season Monday night games.  That isn't helpful now, but at least sports is starting to move to streaming.