Team Canada Roster

Dec. 30, 2009, 11:48 p.m.

Definitely not saying any of the D men are offensive slouches. Pronger has a nasty PP shot, Neidermeyer can read the ice like no ones business and Boyle is a threat always. I just think it is built as a whole more on the defensive, otherwise we would have seen Jay Bo and Green in lieu of say Doughty and Seabrook.

Love that 4 of the 7 are B.C. boys.

Dangerous team, lets hope the ego's get checked and we get some chemistry.

Dec. 31, 2009, 5:42 a.m.

russia vs. canada is going to be epic

Dec. 31, 2009, 6:59 a.m.

Intersting read Tim. I am also hearing that Patrice got the nod becuase of his playing time experience with Sidney in the past. Though I still don't think he was the best pick, I understand the logic better.

Dec. 31, 2009, 8:22 a.m.

The Canucks have a few people in the tournament:

Lou
Salo for Finns
Erhoff for Germany
Sedin x 2 for Sweden

Will this have any sort of effect on the rest of the playoff push? Will they be fresh or tired when the League resumes?

Dec. 31, 2009, 9:20 a.m.

so, why is the rest of the Olympics the pinnacle of amateur sport, but hockey is an NHL professional dream team?

Professional lugers are welcome to compete in the olympics as well.

Dec. 31, 2009, 9:46 a.m.

so are basketball players.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

Dec. 31, 2009, 11:19 a.m.

and croquet players

Dec. 31, 2009, 12:15 p.m.

Although I'd like to see Lou get a chance to see what he can really do with this claiber of team in front of him, and this big of a stage. I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt see any playing time. Brodeur will be the man with one or maybe two games he wont play. It is completely realistic for them to have Fleury pencilled in as the #2 keeper. Lou will really need to step up his game coming up to the games if he wants a chance of seeing any meaningful minutes.

Dec. 31, 2009, 1 p.m.

What about #14, Burrows?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 31, 2009, 3:05 p.m.

The Canucks have a few people in the tournament:

Lou
Salo for Finns
Erhoff for Germany
Sedin x 2 for Sweden

Will this have any sort of effect on the rest of the playoff push? Will they be fresh or tired when the League resumes?

And Demitra made it.

Dec. 31, 2009, 3:11 p.m.

I think Kesler will be playing for the US. And yes this will have an affect on the Canucks season with all these players playing
Posted via Mobile Device

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

Dec. 31, 2009, 3:21 p.m.

Russian roster, damn that's a scary offense. Some KHL'ers but just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they aren't good (but their defense is pretty bad compared to Canada)

Ya, I sig my own quotes.

www.gnarwhale.com

Jan. 1, 2010, 2:34 a.m.

. Some KHL'ers but just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they aren't good

I've heard of quite a few of those KHLers…

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

Jan. 1, 2010, 8:43 a.m.

Russian roster, damn that's a scary offense. Some KHL'ers but just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they aren't good (but their defense is pretty bad compared to Canada)

this is the gold medal team right here. as much as it would be awesome to have canada win gold at home i think they are going to be outmatched by the russians.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Jan. 1, 2010, 1:24 p.m.

this is the gold medal team right here. as much as it would be awesome to have canada win gold at home i think they are going to be outmatched by the russians.

I dunno about that, I mean yeah they have some amazing offense on the top 3 lines, but they don't have the depth that Canada has. They've got scrubs like kozlov, washed up federov on forward and Guys like kalinin, grebeshkov and tyutin on D. These guys wouldnt even be on Canada's roster if we got to send 60 people to the olympics. A 4th line of Heatley Thornton Marleau and bottom D pairing of Keith Seabrook :damn:

It's likely a Canada vs Russia gold medal game will happen

Ya, I sig my own quotes.

www.gnarwhale.com