So I stopped Facebook

Sept. 22, 2016, 3:13 a.m.

How do you set up Facebook so that you do not see what people like? I don't mind seeing photo's of events, but the constant liking of stupid shit is annoying.

The only thing it seems that Facebook allows is not seeing what specifically is liked, rather than blocking any like from a person.

try social fixer, you can block a lot of annoying things with that script

Sept. 22, 2016, 3:43 a.m.

Doesn't seem to do it. Also, many of these blockers/modifiers are add-ins for browsers like Firefox, which I do not use.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 22, 2016, 7:46 a.m.

Doesn't seem to do it. Also, many of these blockers/modifiers are add-ins for browsers like Firefox, which I do not use.

There should be a little x on your browser tab, hit that

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Sept. 22, 2016, 8:32 a.m.

Ultimately the best thing to avoid any of this nonsense is just completely off the f*cking thing and bin it.

Seriously - if you have to add layers of programming to get it to where you want it to go, why do you even need it to go where you want it? It's absolute garbage. Pointless drivel.

"Like".

Seriously. Our world has become all texts and instant messenger communications, most people can't even have sex nowadays without having a glance at their phone as something trickles in…. So messed up. The small of a woman's back is perfect for an ashtray or a pint, not a goddamn smart phone.

Le Sanch
(and no, I'm by no means a misogynist…)

"I'm addicted to surfing."

Sept. 22, 2016, 11:35 a.m.

Quiting Facebook is as cool as high waisted denim.

Only if you publicly announce it on Facebook that you are quitting Facebook …

Sept. 22, 2016, 12:20 p.m.

i didn't get retained when i logged out. i will log back in and dislike that. effin fakebook

Sept. 22, 2016, 12:26 p.m.

There should be a little x on your browser tab, hit that

Mine only has a big x.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 22, 2016, 12:29 p.m.

Myspace is where its at.
Back to the roots.

Found my old profile, can't login.
pretty funny

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Sept. 22, 2016, 2:06 p.m.

Quiting Facebook is as cool as high waisted denim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKcAYMb5uk4

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Sept. 22, 2016, 3:15 p.m.

Only if you publicly announce it on Facebook that you are quitting Facebook …

Or culling your "friends" list and will only keep "true friends" who agree to give away their fortune along with Zuckersteinburger at midnight of the first full moon of the winter season to the child who received the most "one like = one prayer" to cure their juvenile diabetes.

And of course all of this is done by "sharing" not copy/pasting or liking a post. "I need to know who my real squad is in life"

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 22, 2016, 3:16 p.m.

Gotham, are you quitting your travel FB page as well?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 22, 2016, 3:29 p.m.

Read Snopes Top 25 Urban Legends of the week. If I could somehow automatically filter my Facebook news feed so that anything on this list never shows up that would be amazing.

http://www.snopes.com/info/top25uls.asp

Sept. 22, 2016, 4:57 p.m.

I could take or leave FB, but messenger is fucking lit. Hours of filthy entertainment on there hey the don?

Sept. 22, 2016, 5:25 p.m.

Gotham, are you quitting your travel FB page as well?

Nope, a lot of that content gets published automatically from the website. Amanda does videos an stuff.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Sept. 24, 2016, 2:04 a.m.

this is either a standalone addon or via greasemonkey (which works on most browsers one way or another). you can really block everything with it, dunno why you can't