Pelosi hammer attack

Oct. 29, 2022, 3:56 p.m.

Anybody following the news on that hammer attack on Nancy Pelosi's husband? The story has a BC connection where the alleged attacker grew up in a small town in BC. 

Chup, is there something you're not telling us?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Oct. 29, 2022, 6:55 p.m.

The man who attacked Nancy Pelosi's husband Paul with a hammer early Friday morning is a former nudist from Powell River British Columbia who has struggled with drugs and posted crazed COVID conspiracy theories, anti-Semitic rants, racist slurs and unhinged screeds on religion online.

Oct. 30, 2022, 5:04 p.m.

I'm glad my hammers are not registered or else I'd have to turn them all in.

Last edited by: Stuminator on Oct. 30, 2022, 5:07 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 31, 2022, 9:43 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

Anybody following the news on that hammer attack on Nancy Pelosi's husband? The story has a BC connection where the alleged attacker grew up in a small town in BC. 

Chup, is there something you're not telling us?

I am also from the Sunshine Coast, although not a former nudist.

Oct. 31, 2022, 9:45 a.m.

This is the state of America and I can't see how it isn't going to get worse with every election.  The civil war that people think will happen is going to look like a lot more of this sort of thing.  Not everyone has a security detail.  I am surpised that the Pelosis didn't have better security.

Oct. 31, 2022, 2:43 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

This is the state of America and I can't see how it isn't going to get worse with every election. The civil war that people think will happen is going to look like a lot more of this sort of thing. Not everyone has a security detail. I am surpised that the Pelosis didn't have better security.

Apparently she does have a security detail that travels with her. Had she been at home, her security would likely have intervened on this one. When she isnt home, I guess the security is away too.

Last edited by: shoreboy on Oct. 31, 2022, 2:43 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 31, 2022, 8:31 p.m.

This was politically motivated," Jenkins said. She implored the public to "watch the words that we say and to turn down the volume of our political rhetoric."

I support the SF District Attorneys request.

Oct. 31, 2022, 8:49 p.m.

Man Twitter went down the shitter quick. 500% increase in use of the N word, mass anti-Semitic content. 

Trending now: While Paul Pelosi a 92 hear old man who is in ICU after being attacked at home and his skull fractured with a hammer, is the conspiracy theory that he's gay. How people swim in this crude BS is beyond me. 

Just deleted the app. Elon needs someone to follow him around and continuously smack him in the head.

Oct. 31, 2022, 8:56 p.m.

Like most social media, the results one gets will depend a lot on who you follow and interact with. There's always going to be some detritus though even if your feed is well curated because there's nothing to stop the riff-raff from getting in to comment unless the twitter poster has blocked them.

Nov. 1, 2022, 12:13 a.m.

Then again trending is trending. Elon's retweet of a conspiracy theory right off the bat was enough to pull the plug.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-twitter-takeover-sparked-n-word-use-jump-2022-10%3famp

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/10/28/musk-twitter-racist-posts/

Nov. 1, 2022, 9:34 a.m.

Posted by: Hepcat

Elon needs someone to follow him around and continuously smack him in the head.

Maybe 4 or 5 people to be able to hit any part of his massive inflated head.  These Asperger tech guys need to understand that their genius does not extend into politics.

Nov. 1, 2022, 9:46 a.m.

Is this the twitter thread now?  

Elon's ego really did him in with this one.  Bought twitter at the peak for 44BN, probably worth half that.  Massively leveraged to do it, interest payments on the debt portion is ~1BN/year, while the company had a net loss in 2021 on revenues of 5BN (granted that's a lot of re-investment to drive growth).  Gonna have to cut costs hard or drive revenues hard (92% of revenue is advertising).

Cut costs = big layoffs (uh-oh, there goes the people that build your platform/growth engine)

Drive revenues hard = force customers to pay for the service (uh-oh, there go your customers who like the current cost basis of free).

Meanwhile, his big idea for the world's shittiest chatroom is unfettered "free speech".  Yeah, there go more customers who don't like the lies/misinformation/hate speech that will now be completely unmoderated.  

Tungsten should be in here doing a happy dance on this one as this investment is burned to the ground.

Nov. 1, 2022, 10:12 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

This would have not happened if Hammer use was properly restricted and regulated. We need a hammer registry to prevent the proliferation of assault hammers.

*sarcasm*

Nov. 1, 2022, 11:13 a.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

Is this the twitter thread now?  

Elon's ego really did him in with this one.  Bought twitter at the peak for 44BN, probably worth half that.  Massively leveraged to do it, interest payments on the debt portion is ~1BN/year, while the company had a net loss in 2021 on revenues of 5BN (granted that's a lot of re-investment to drive growth).  Gonna have to cut costs hard or drive revenues hard (92% of revenue is advertising).

Cut costs = big layoffs (uh-oh, there goes the people that build your platform/growth engine)

Drive revenues hard = force customers to pay for the service (uh-oh, there go your customers who like the current cost basis of free).

Meanwhile, his big idea for the world's shittiest chatroom is unfettered "free speech".  Yeah, there go more customers who don't like the lies/misinformation/hate speech that will now be completely unmoderated.  

Tungsten should be in here doing a happy dance on this one as this investment is burned to the ground.

It makes absolutely no sense.  He and Zuck should start their own "Pissing Away Billions" club.

Nov. 1, 2022, 11:15 a.m.

Posted by: Endurimil

Posted by: Stuminator

This would have not happened if Hammer use was properly restricted and regulated. We need a hammer registry to prevent the proliferation of assault hammers.

*sarcasm*

This attack happened in San Fran.  Are you certain that you don't have to register hammers there?  /s