Oh harper..

March 21, 2013, 5:56 p.m.

Don't think the Cons have cornered that market at all.

Muzzling civil servants is an all-new to Canada thing, and only since 2006.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

March 21, 2013, 7:07 p.m.

So according to my dads friend who works for the coast guard they are now muzzled from talking shit about government. thats disgusting.

I heard the same thing from a coast guard staffer, through a mutual friend.

Kn.

Parks Canada staff were also "muzzled" a while back.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/06/14/ns-parks-canada-letter-warning.html

Now, the Cons want to silence international Scientists that have the audacity to support Canadian Scientists….

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/story/2013/02/15/science-audio-munchow-scientist-muzzling.html

Harper's Gov't is an embarrassment.

March 21, 2013, 7:30 p.m.

the cons really do hate science….now it's official

http://unmuzzledscience.wordpress.com/2013/03/21/canadian-government-votes-against-science/

Bad politics on the part of the NDP. Why stick item C in there, besides wasting everyone's time?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 22, 2013, 6:20 a.m.

Bad politics on the part of the NDP. Why stick item C in there, besides wasting everyone's time?

why not? it's an important research facility that costs relatively little to run. Harper seems to have tens of millions of dollars for advertising to tell us how awesome he is, but nothing for a unique and world respected area that does very important work? Harper and the Cons are the political marketing arm of large multi-national corporations, we're getting fucked all the way to the bank by these assholes.

March 22, 2013, 10:04 a.m.

Kn.

I doubt that. It has more then likely happened in the past just on a less grand scale. Looking back with what I know now my hunch is back in 93 DND staff civvy and military had a gag order on events in former Yugoslavia. And has to have happened in other departments at some point.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

March 22, 2013, 10:17 a.m.

Harper and the Cons are the political marketing arm of large multi-national corporations, we're getting fucked all the way to the bank by these assholes.

Agreed. Unfortunately, it would seem that a majority of Canadians don't feel the same way. Possible reasons:

1) An equally vested interest in removing the pesky red tape that hinders 'development of Canada's natural resources'.

2) Too stupid to see through Harper [HTML_REMOVED] co's bullshit.

How there hasn't been widespread national revolt with members of the conservative party being tried for fraud is beyond me.

March 22, 2013, 10:20 a.m.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/tariffs-raised-on-imports-from-70-countries-but-dropped-for-sports-equipment-and-baby-clothes/article10143854/?cmpid=rss1

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

March 22, 2013, 11:06 a.m.

why not? it's an important research facility that costs relatively little to run. Harper seems to have tens of millions of dollars for advertising to tell us how awesome he is, but nothing for a unique and world respected area that does very important work? Harper and the Cons are the political marketing arm of large multi-national corporations, we're getting fucked all the way to the bank by these assholes.

Because you can't do this and then whine about omnibus bills.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 22, 2013, 6:29 p.m.

Because you can't do this and then whine about omnibus bills.

are you really comparing a three point statement to a hundreds of pages 'budget' bill?

March 22, 2013, 6:41 p.m.

are you really comparing a three point statement to a hundreds of pages 'budget' bill?

Yes. Take out point C and then submit the bill.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

March 22, 2013, 7:06 p.m.

I doubt that. It has more then likely happened in the past just on a less grand scale. Looking back with what I know now my hunch is back in 93 DND staff civvy and military had a gag order on events in former Yugoslavia. And has to have happened in other departments at some point.

I'll give you that point, but still say that past efforts are like pissing in the Fraser River, while current con game is more like 100,000 dead pigs floating down the Huanpu River

Kn.

March 22, 2013, 7:31 p.m.

While I agree with all 3 points in the bill, it was a silly political move by the NDP to put that Point C. While I agree with all of Flip assertions about the Cons, I have to side with switch. It's not on the same scale as an Omnibus bill, but it has the same spirit.

To me it seemed like the NDP added that Point C in so they could point the finger at the Cons and say "They are against good science". (which they are) I actually would have liked to see points A [HTML_REMOVED] B passed. They are BIG picture and the Point C is small picture.

Dumb and frustrating politics.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

March 26, 2013, 1:27 p.m.

Awesome … good to see some cons with backbones. Now, if only this could lead to a full-on party meltdown!

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Harper+faces+mini+revolt+backbenchers+claim+they+being/8153971/story.html

OTTAWA — Prime Minister Stephen Harper is facing a mini-revolt among Conservative backbenchers who claim their own party is muzzling their ability to speak out in Parliament.

Mark Warawa complained Tuesday that stifling party discipline is preventing him from representing his Langley, B.C., constituents in the House of Commons.

He asked Speaker Andrew Scheer to intervene in what he called a breach of his privileges as an MP.

Warawa’s complaint was echoed by another Conservative backbencher, Alberta MP Leon Benoit, and backed by a third, Winnipeg’s Rod Bruinooge.

Their concerns revolve around their ability to take part in the 15-minute period each day set aside for members’ statements, known as S.O. 31s.

Warawa said he was on the Tory roster to make a statement last Thursday but was informed moments before that he’d been struck from the list.

“The reason I was given was that the topic was not approved of,” he told the Commons.

Benoit said the same thing has happened to him, more than once.

“I want to say that I too feel that my rights have been infringed on by members of the party because I am not allowed to speak on certain topics in S.O. 31s,” he said.

“I have had S.O. 31s removed and I have been told that if I have one on a certain topic I simply will not be given S.O. 31s.”

Kn.

March 26, 2013, 1:34 p.m.

Not to mention $28 million to commemorate the War of 1812 and $5 million a year for an Office of Religious Affairs.

March 26, 2013, 3:02 p.m.

Not to mention $28 million to commemorate the War of 1812 and $5 million a year for an Office of Religious Affairs.

I can tolerate the War of 1812 thing. But what fucking retard thinks we need an office of Religious Boondoggle?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk