Not on nbr's radar? Malaysian Airlines flight MH370

March 27, 2014, 3:26 p.m.

"we have no idea what happened, or any way of proving what happened, so we're suing."

March 27, 2014, 4:34 p.m.

Actually one interesting theory that the plane suddenly lost its pressure which diverted back to Subang Airport. One "out there suggestion" is that a meteorite (or an ice meteorite) could have pierced the skin of the plane. The pressure loss eventually asphyxiated the crew and passengers and it continued on autopilot across the Malay Peninsula in a straight line trajectory into the Southern Indian Ocean.

Anyone remember this crash?

Also this. A list of aircraft decompression accidents and incidents.

Or it could have been Ebola.

March 27, 2014, 4:57 p.m.

As usual, read with a (large) grain of salt.

Malaysia says there's sealed evidence on MH370 that cannot be made public

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

March 27, 2014, 5:12 p.m.

It is interesting they're trying to write out the supposed climb to 45,000ft out of the official story.

March 27, 2014, 6:46 p.m.

Actually one interesting theory that the plane suddenly lost its pressure which diverted back to Subang Airport. One "out there suggestion" is that a meteorite (or an ice meteorite) could have pierced the skin of the plane. The pressure loss eventually asphyxiated the crew and passengers and it continued on autopilot across the Malay Peninsula in a straight line trajectory into the Southern Indian Ocean.

Anyone remember this crash?

Also this. A list of aircraft decompression accidents and incidents.

Or it could have been Ebola.

It would have to be a fairly large whole for the aircraft to de-pressurize so fast that the flight crew wouldn't have time to don their O2 masks?

A Lear 35 is a tiny aircraft (I've flown in one a few times) in comparison, thus it would stand to reason a smaller hole would vent the cabin pressure faster.

You are going to have EICAS warnings about cabin altitude in a 777.

Allot of the aircraft off that wiki list are also old high cycle machines, bombs or design problems (cargo door failures etc)

Still sticking with my initial pilot suicide for now.

Funny story we had the pilot of a CRJ-705 (a 900 with a J class) turn off the air conditioning packs after he cocked up the QRH response for the smell of smoke in the cabin and turn off both packs at once! It was a fun night spent repacking o2 masks and replacing chemical generators.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

March 27, 2014, 6:58 p.m.

Still sticking with my initial pilot suicide for now.

Why would he shut off the transponders and go for a joyride before he downed the plane? If he was some sort of jihadi upset at the trial verdict the day of the flight, you think he'd want it known.

Or theres the other angle - he knew of a plan to use the plane and is actually a hero for not submitting.

March 27, 2014, 7:41 p.m.

Why would he shut off the transponders and go for a joyride before he downed the plane? If he was some sort of jihadi upset at the trial verdict the day of the flight, you think he'd want it known.

Or theres the other angle - he knew of a plan to use the plane and is actually a hero for not submitting.

Trying to put rational thought into the head of someone who is not rational is an impossible task.

Who knows why he may have done it. Maybe he wanted to make it as difficult as possible to find the wreckage, who knows?

I find it highly suspect that some sort of malfunction on board the aircraft would have disabled all communication systems. I believe there are three VHF communication radios on board as well as HF. Is there was an electrical failure the battery would be more than capable of supplying power to the coms systems and if that failed the RAT could be used.

Once the FDR/CVR is recovered (the ULB batery must be pretty much dead by now) all questions will be answered. It will be interesting to see if the CVR actually has anything on it as they overwrite themselves and due to the long time frame of this event all interesting audio may be missing.

EDIT:

Cool RAT testing video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfB2EP71hqY

I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

March 27, 2014, 8:05 p.m.

Trying to put rational thought into the head of someone who is not rational is an impossible task.

As evidenced by all replies to Shogun in this thread.

March 27, 2014, 10:34 p.m.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Garcia

Also I can't help but wonder why the US hasn't produced any satellite photos like all the other countries and is generally not looking for the plane. Other than taking all the evidence from Pilots house flight simulator (that also conveniently had the US base Diego Garcia programmed into it).

that is the most reatrded thing ever even a retarded would say thats retarded

March 28, 2014, 12:50 a.m.

Who knows why he may have done it. Maybe he wanted to make it as difficult as possible to find the wreckage, who knows?

Who says the pilots even responsible?

As evidenced by all replies to Shogun in this thread.

When an irrational story dominates the news for 3 weeks, its bound to garner both irrational idea's and illogical reasons. Doesnt it make you wonder in the slightest why CNN wanted to hear from the so called tin foil hat brigade on this? Were their writers on vacay for 3 weeks? Or did they need help gathering crazy idea's to really mislead, sorry, explain it everyone. Well played by the way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Garcia

Also I can't help but wonder why the US hasn't produced any satellite photos like all the other countries and is generally not looking for the plane. Other than taking all the evidence from Pilots house flight simulator (that also conveniently had the US base Diego Garcia programmed into it).

Well obviously they know where it is.. or was at least /sarc (thought I'd add that now so I dont have to back track later).

March 28, 2014, 12:54 a.m.

Also to avoid edits in the above post regarding Diego Garcia, why dont you guys google DG March 8 2014 closure. Obviously I dont care how credible the links are at this point either. Just some more fuel for the fodder.

March 29, 2014, 10:12 a.m.

Cool RAT testing video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfB2EP71hqY

WTF did they run it so long? Generally you spin it up to make sure it's governing to the correct speed/not leaking then shut it down. Usually takes about 30 seconds.

"Dont be fooled Timmy, if the cow had a chance he'd kill you and everyone you love."

March 29, 2014, 7:32 p.m.

WTF did they run it so long? Generally you spin it up to make sure it's governing to the correct speed/not leaking then shut it down. Usually takes about 30 seconds.

Not sure. Never done the test on a 777. Maybe it's more involved.

March 30, 2014, 2:11 a.m.

Edward Snowden knows where it is.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 29, 2015, 6:29 p.m.

looks like they may have found part of a wing from that planeā€¦

https://news.vice.com/article/it-looks-like-wreckage-from-the-missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-has-been-found?utm_source=vicenewsfb

photo of the ocean currents overlayed with the search grid and where the wreckage was found:

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer