Iphone 5

Sept. 13, 2012, 3:11 p.m.

"I'll buy anything that's shiny and made by Apple"

Sept. 13, 2012, 3:14 p.m.

"At first I was like WTF is a Siri?" -Adolph Hitler

Sept. 13, 2012, 3:46 p.m.

When it comes time to renew my contract I'll get one as my 4 will be three years old. But definitely won't be paying a premium to upgrade early if I don't have to.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Sept. 13, 2012, 4:11 p.m.

HTFU sucky baby.

People disagreeing with you is annoying, didn't you get the memo? Have you been on the internet before?

yeah, sorry apple haters go further than simple disagreeing, I've never met anyone that said ill buy apple because its apple.. its basically a strawman.

I have an iPhone, I got it cause it was easy to use, it got me on the internet and its a perfect size. I don't need some giant ass phone, my pocket space is limited and valuable.. I dont give a shit about apps, I dont give a shit about customizing the OS.
I still like my iPhone cause it's the only phone I've had that has lasted a full 3 year contract term without ANY issues. Can the same be said about samsungs? I dunno probably, but I'm gunna stick with what works for me.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Sept. 13, 2012, 4:17 p.m.

I guess maybe I should have a second look at what Adam West posted…

Hmmmm….. enhance.

Hmmmm….. enhance.

I'm going to double-down here by stating, emphatically, that Adam West's whine-y Apple-gina has a bunch of sand in it and he needs to rinse that sh*t out and HTFU. It's the internet bro. Fer serious.

Negativity blows.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Sept. 13, 2012, 4:23 p.m.

Wasn't directed at you just the anti apple crowd. I find them way more annoying.

That's because you use one of their products. If you didn't, you wouldn't be annoyed.

And the point is that Apple is milking the end user by maximizing the money they can make via forced merchandizing.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 13, 2012, 4:28 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIWKytq_q4

Sept. 13, 2012, 4:40 p.m.

When it comes time to renew my contract I'll get one as my 4 will be three years old. But definitely won't be paying a premium to upgrade early if I don't have to.

Exactly. My 3 year term on my iPhone 4 is up in April…and I will get a 5 then.

Sept. 13, 2012, 5:05 p.m.

I just got a "no sim" error on my trusty 3gs. Tried a bunch of different sim cards, tried resetting on itunes yadda yadda yadda. Just upgraded to a 4 yesterday and I must admit I miss my 3gs. This stupid thing feels like a delicate flower in my hands. I'm going to take my 3 into an apple store and see if they will do anything for me.

Sept. 13, 2012, 8:11 p.m.

My gf bought a Motorola android device. Was on "froyo". She just had to upgrade to a Samsung S3 at approx 18 months because the os was so old apps she had purchased before we're updating to versions that didn't work on Froyo. At least people with 3gs's still have apps that work on the 4 year old os, and my 2 year old 4 is going to get the next update to ios6 with most features. You're lucky to get 1 version update on the android products without rooting the phone and hoping you don't brick it.

One might pay a bit more for an iPhone at the start, but they will likely run just fine till your two-three year cycle comes up for renewal. Buying an android phone leaves you at the whim of each company who puts out their version of the os.

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Sept. 13, 2012, 8:24 p.m.

My gf bought a Motorola android device. Was on "froyo". She just had to upgrade to a Samsung S3 at approx 18 months because the os was so old apps she had purchased before we're updating to versions that didn't work on Froyo. At least people with 3gs's still have apps that work on the 4 year old os, and my 2 year old 4 is going to get the next update to ios6 with most features. You're lucky to get 1 version update on the android products without rooting the phone and hoping you don't brick it.

One might pay a bit more for an iPhone at the start, but they will likely run just fine till your two-three year cycle comes up for renewal. Buying an android phone leaves you at the whim of each company who puts out their version of the os.

I am running an S1 that I just updated to JB, sure I had to learn to root my device and play around with it but in my mind that is half the fun. I have bricked it a few times but it is easy to unbrick. Is that for everyone? No, but who cares use what you like! It also fell out the window of my truck on the highway and still works! why can't you guys just discuss the device in question instead of turning it into a giant political debate about circumcised vs uncircumcised penises.

Sept. 13, 2012, 8:30 p.m.

Why can't you guys just discuss the device in question instead of turning it into a giant political debate about circumcised vs uncircumcised penises.

I'm just pointing out that while the anti apple pundits claim immense costs with the iPhone, each has their pluses and minuses.

For the last decade I've always replaced my phone each 2 years, moving my old phone to my second line. iPhone 3G was just there at the right time and I bought in to apps early. Now I'll happily upgrade each second cycle. No big deal. Not sure why the hate though.

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Sept. 13, 2012, 8:40 p.m.

The feds can total spy on you with the new ipown

Sept. 13, 2012, 8:47 p.m.

I'm just pointing out that while the anti apple pundits claim immense costs with the iPhone, each has their pluses and minuses.

For the last decade I've always replaced my phone each 2 years, moving my old phone to my second line. iPhone 3G was just there at the right time and I bought in to apps early. Now I'll happily upgrade each second cycle. No big deal. Not sure why the hate though.

much like monkeys there is crap being flung by both camps, if you think otherwise you have your blinders on. If you look back at the thread there is very little frothing negativity directed at apple, you guys seem to be defending yourselves from imaginary foes. I take issue with the way apple does business but fully understand and accept that not everyone feels the same way. They also make some very nice products so I understand why people like them.

I will be very interested to hear what the battery life is like running on LTE and how fast it really runs.

Sept. 13, 2012, 9:57 p.m.

Have no choice to get the iPhone 5 anything else would just look foolish plugged into the Macbook Pro

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.