humans continue to suck

Nov. 12, 2014, 7:49 a.m.

after i read these things in the news i sometimes wonder what's worse, that it actually happened or that i/we have been conditioned to believe it happened.

Credibility checks;

Step 1, source is CBC news - check

Step 2, search for other articles shows the article appears in several other respectable news outlets - check

Step 3, search snopes and other debunking sites, article does not appear in search - check.

Credibility check complete. Not really sure what your point is supposed to be, tho.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Nov. 12, 2014, 10:08 a.m.

It's all relative I guess. Those scum sucking cunts in Pensylvannia should die slowly and painfully and I seriously hope they do somehow. Makes the asshats bullying the little guy in the wheelchair seem merely insensitive and immature.

Either way this thread is getting me down…I blame the OP.

Wrong. Always.

Nov. 12, 2014, 10:12 a.m.

I can't put into words how much stories like these trouble me now that I have a child. Hurts to read…

Yeah…I'm in the same boat and all I can do is hug my kids a bit tighter and tell them I love them even more often.

Wrong. Always.

Nov. 12, 2014, 10:37 a.m.

Yep, one of those stories where you start out shocked, then angry, then just plain numb as the details just keep hitting you in the gut.

Our little guy is going to be 3 soon and I find it hard to imagine how anyone could carry out that kind of violence against someone that small and defenseless … and do it over and over again. That is pure psychopathy right there.

Our kid screamed for 1/2 hour today because he wouldn't eat his dinner, but he wanted apple pie instead (which he didn't get). This is what should pass for the most traumatic part of a 3 year old's day.

Oh, and for the benefit of the "city people suck" crowd, this was rural Pennsylvania.

Meanwhile in Canada a Winnipeg girl gets beat up and tossed in the river. Again….this time she was rescued.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 12, 2014, 11:03 a.m.

I don't think you meant that you do not believe it happened, do you?

I have been conditioned enough that I don't obsess over it - I find it abhorrent, but I can find out about it, chalk it up to humans sucking, and them move on.

I was more upset about Brian Whitlock (now officially a people-murderer apparently) beating the shit out of his dog with a bat and leaving it for dead in a dumpster. I think because while I accept that people suck, I don't think dogs do.

Credibility checks;

Step 1, source is CBC news - check

Step 2, search for other articles shows the article appears in several other respectable news outlets - check

Step 3, search snopes and other debunking sites, article does not appear in search - check.

Credibility check complete. Not really sure what your point is supposed to be, tho.

this sort of thing shouldn't be happening, ever. it's "unbelievable" that it does at all, never mind that children are beaten, abused and sexually prey upon on a daily basis somewhere in north america. we hear about it enough that while it is digusting news, it's no longer a surpise to hear of it happening. we hear about this stuff and we don't doubt it, we just accept it as a part of life.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Nov. 12, 2014, 11:17 a.m.

For every fuct person there are 1000 great people. Don't let the news skew your view of humanity.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Nov. 12, 2014, 7:33 p.m.

For every fuct person there are 1000 great people. Don't let the news skew your view of humanity.

Unfortunately I think its the opposite.

diggin

Nov. 12, 2014, 8:32 p.m.

They're not inherently bad people folks, it just that their brains are like a record that skips is all.

Like Luka Magnotta, eh? He's our own special Canadian.

Actually my brother once pointed out to me that "you sure seem to have a lot of serial killers up there in Canada". Per capita like. Someone should do a study as to why, eh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_serial_killers_by_country

Whoa! UK is off the charts!

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 12, 2014, 10:03 p.m.

These people suck.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/scott-mcmillan-3-dies-after-unspeakable-torture-by-mother-and-her-boyfriend-1.2828215

What makes people so completely lacking in morals and empathy?

This story has profoundly affected me.
I've been in a state of shock for days now because of it and can't shake the picture of this little boy's face.

My own little guy is almost two years old now, looks just like him, and has the same last name.
This had me literally crying and sick to my stomach.

I'm very angry, and all the eye-for-an-eye / torture / death penalty questions arise.
What is an appropriate response from society for this atrocity?
Yes I'd like to see the fu%ker who did this, Gary Lee Fellenbaum, pay with pain and and death.

However I'm more just profoundly sad for the little boy, and that nothing can be done to help him now.

RIP Scott McMillan

I'm a gearbox-bike nut.

Nov. 14, 2014, 7:36 p.m.

This story has profoundly affected me.
I've been in a state of shock for days now because of it and can't shake the picture of this little boy's face.

You're not alone.