HTC/Google Phones

Oct. 22, 2009, 8:10 p.m.

Any idea why the hell can't I get a 8900 from TELUS and have to settle for the 8330?

Something about CDMA network capabilities I think?

Check out the new BB Tour, with Telus network capability.

http://www.telusmobility.com/en/BC/blackberry_tour_9630/index.shtml

Oct. 22, 2009, 8:15 p.m.

Check out the new BB Tour, with Telus network capability.

Cheers

Actually I am, but I'm pissed off that they left out WiFi, which I believe they will bring in next year sometime (Essex), but my contracts up now. God I hate phone companies.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Oct. 22, 2009, 8:17 p.m.

So let me get this straight. I locked into a 3 year contract to get an expensive phone for cheap, when I need a cell phone anyway. And a plan.

I'm such a sucker.

Oct. 22, 2009, 9:13 p.m.

Fido was selling the 3G iphone with no data on a 3 year term, $149 for the phone…

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Oct. 23, 2009, 12:23 a.m.

I'd love to try one of those out.

iphone 3g with 3.1 is fucking painful to use, so slow and chundery.

I just got the 3Gs 32GB, and it's snappier. Processor runs faster, and there's 256MB of RAM instead of 128MB of RAM. For a pretty basic OS that really doesn't do a heck of a lot, it sure eats up memory.

Anyway, switching between applications is noticeably faster; it's almost like the OS is multi-tasking.

3.1.2 with a 4.26.08 baseband is working fine; stable, quick, and doesn't seem any worse in terms of battery usage. Same setup on my 3G, and it works fine too.

If anyone is looking for a 3G 16MB in mint condition, I'd tell you about it but that would be against forum rules. :)

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 24, 2009, 1:15 p.m.

Good quality phone with qwerty keypad for $100 or less - not gonna happen unless it's used or stolen.

The $100 price was for a phone on a plan, not buying one straight up.

Is there any easy way of finding out what phones are coming to Canada and their expected release dates?

Then again, looking at Roger's plan prices including data, maybe I'll just stick with a non-smart phone, pick up a cell phone with a slide out qwerty (I somehow almost spelled 'qwerty' wrong) keyboard, and be happy with that.

How do smart phones + plans work if you want to avoid data fees and are hoping to just make use of free wifi connections?

Oct. 24, 2009, 3:44 p.m.

That's my opinion as well. Really cool unlocked phones you can buy, but the prices are fucking ridiculous.

You can pay now or later. If you buy a phone on a plan you are going to pay the same price eventually. I am pretty sure the carriers are doing fairly well and it is not from giving away phones.

Flatman speaks the truth. If you think the face value of a phone with contract is cheaper, then you're not looking hard enough. My last phone was an unlocked smartphone from Expansys.ca and I'll never go back to locked phones. I can buy a cheap one-month SIM when I travel and still use my own phone and not pay Rogers roaming rapage.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Oct. 30, 2009, 7:59 a.m.

… but am so tired of being ripped off brutally by all the Canadian mobile providers. At this point I'm just holding off to see what happens when Wind Mobile comes on to the scene.

Bad news on this front. My understanding is that Bell/Rogers/Telus all made applications to block Wind from starting up because of ownership concerns. Now the CRTC has smacked wind mobile down from starting up based on "Canadian Content" in ownership.

I can appreciate the need to protect a nations communications but at some point the CRTC has to protect the consumer as well.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/10/30/crtc-blocks-canadas-wind-from-launching-over-ownership-concerns/

Nov. 1, 2009, 9:21 p.m.

Bad news on this front. My understanding is that Bell/Rogers/Telus all made applications to block Wind from starting up because of ownership concerns. Now the CRTC has smacked wind mobile down from starting up based on "Canadian Content" in ownership.

I can appreciate the need to protect a nations communications but at some point the CRTC has to protect the consumer as well.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/10/30/crtc-blocks-canadas-wind-from-launching-over-ownership-concerns/

Ya I saw this the day it happened. It's stupid. The CRTC is ridiculous, and they don't exactly have a history of voting against the big three.

Nov. 1, 2009, 9:26 p.m.

diggs, i was ready to dump the iphone because of the sluggishness of the 3g, but the 3gs has really solved that

upgrade muthafucka

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Nov. 1, 2009, 10:58 p.m.

Ya I saw this the day it happened. It's stupid. The CRTC is ridiculous, and they don't exactly have a history of voting against the big three.

Why is the CRTC stupid for upholding? They're upholding the law.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Nov. 1, 2009, 11:03 p.m.

diggs, i was ready to dump the iphone because of the sluggishness of the 3g, but the 3gs has really solved that

upgrade muthafucka

I got a 3Gs, and it's definitely snappier.

Looks like Apple is going to clamp down on jailbreaking. Should help up the price on units that can be jailbroken.

Posted via Mobile Device

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells