Guns Kill

Jan. 12, 2011, 1:26 p.m.

I think I like the mentally unstable people kill people argument better than guns kill people.

It makes it much easier for us to believe and accept. Because we now have an explanation for why someone did it. It is far harder for us to accept that someone willing made the choice to kill someone with no mental issues.

I know mentally stable people can kill people too, but it seems like to go on a killing spree or randomly kill someone for no apparent reason or because you are mad at the world there must be something is probably not right upstairs.

No one will know. The human brain is so hard to figure out. The medical world has a hard enough time as it is dealing with Autism, Bi Polar, and all the other illnesses.

Maybe for some people doing this releases endorphins and such. Makes them feel good similar to others who do risky things looking for that endorphin rush.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 12, 2011, 2:53 p.m.

I mentioned this in the other thread.

But in the last year alone how many times has mental health been brought up? If we all put the same amount of time, energy, and money to mental health issues. To have a 15 plus page thread actually looking at it and railing about that instead of anti gun. We would be better of and further a head.

People in this country and this forum put far more into the anti gun rhetoric instead of mental health. And that really is the greater tragedy. Because we truly need to have arguments about mental health at the same level of emotion, rhetoric, and fear as arguing about gun control.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Jan. 12, 2011, 2:54 p.m.

yeah but who really wants to get rid of the homeless…

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 12, 2011, 3:22 p.m.

Guns are bad mmkay

Jan. 12, 2011, 3:58 p.m.

Get rid of guns and fix mental people instead of one or the other, its called getting two birds stoned at once.

Jan. 12, 2011, 5:29 p.m.

did you watch that video? im guessing thats why.

A montage of killing and murder is always scary.

But when I go outside, its nothing like that video.

:rave:

thinkin bout bikes

Jan. 12, 2011, 5:50 p.m.

I mentioned this in the other thread.

But in the last year alone how many times has mental health been brought up? If we all put the same amount of time, energy, and money to mental health issues. To have a 15 plus page thread actually looking at it and railing about that instead of anti gun. We would be better of and further a head.

People in this country and this forum put far more into the anti gun rhetoric instead of mental health. And that really is the greater tragedy. Because we truly need to have arguments about mental health at the same level of emotion, rhetoric, and fear as arguing about gun control.

hey hey hey, slooooow down there cowboy. Who is gonna be determining my mental health? ANd to what standard? ANd what is done with that information afterward? That kind of an approach will quickly turn into a personal freedom issue. And lets not forget that many of these shootings are done by seemingly NORMAL people. Do I really have to mention the Columbine High School Massacre? How far does a mental assessment have to go in order to determine overall mental health?

Ill mention what I did in the other thread too :lol: what about a firearm education program at an early age like our kids get in regards to drugs? Its far more passive, and in my opinion has the potential to eliminate the overwhelming view that guns are used for killing. If kids are taught that guns are tools to be used with responsibility and control, then maybe we wouldnt have teenagers that quickly resort to gun violence to solve their problems. The image of a gun carries with it thoughts of death and destruction. No wonder its a popular choice among the troubled. If the image of a gun is turned into something more acceptable and useful, then it might not become the first choice of the crazies. Background checks; YES of course. But limiting gun production and ownership to honest people wont do anything for us. And neither will some doctor to tell us who is fit for gun ownership or not.

thinkin bout bikes

Jan. 12, 2011, 5:58 p.m.

hey hey hey, slooooow down there cowboy. Who is gonna be determining my mental health? ANd to what standard? ANd what is done with that information afterward? That kind of an approach will quickly turn into a personal freedom issue.

your right and thats what its all about

And lets not forget that many of these shootings are done by seemingly NORMAL people.

one thing your missing many of these people who doe these shootings are on SSRIs drugs like prozak etc.

a good friend was on it for PTSD and called it DON'T-GIVE-A-F_CK in a pill

its a sign of our medication generation dude.

BTW if everybody wants to cure the ills of the human race , i got a solution , lets just lobotomize everybody at birth, then nobody will get excited about anything……….sick ain't it but hey you don't need emotions …right?

Jan. 12, 2011, 6:36 p.m.

hey hey hey, slooooow down there cowboy. Who is gonna be determining my mental health? ANd to what standard? ANd what is done with that information afterward? That kind of an approach will quickly turn into a personal freedom issue. And lets not forget that many of these shootings are done by seemingly NORMAL people. Do I really have to mention the Columbine High School Massacre? How far does a mental assessment have to go in order to determine overall mental health?

Part of it. But I was thinking of alot more. There was an article in the Globe about 3 month's ago about the Greyhound Killer. The very mental health experts who where treating him and knew he was being released into the public where concerned.

The point they where bringing up was the fact there is no monitoring of these people after release. And if any there is little done. As they pointed out that alot can be done in a facility but the problems arise when the are left to their own devices. There is no one going bytocheck if everythin is okay and see if there is any red flags.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Jan. 12, 2011, 6:42 p.m.

your right and thats what its all about

one thing your missing many of these people who doe these shootings are on SSRIs drugs like prozak etc.

a good friend was on it for PTSD and called it DON'T-GIVE-A-F_CK in a pill

its a sign of our medication generation dude.

BTW if everybody wants to cure the ills of the human race , i got a solution , lets just lobotomize everybody at birth, then nobody will get excited about anything……….sick ain't it but hey you don't need emotions …right?

I'm on an SSRI and own many many guns. I don't shoot people.
It's not as easy saying mentally ill people shouldn't own guns.

If people were aloud to pack and TRAINED how to use them I honestly do believe less mass shootings would happen.

That's my two bits for the day, now I'm going to crack a beer and fondle my firearms:D

Hug a logger, you'll never go back to trees

Jan. 12, 2011, 6:43 p.m.

Or like the Greyhound Killer decide this is the week to not take their meds. Then decide to listen to 5 out of 7 voices in their heads and do something.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Jan. 12, 2011, 6:53 p.m.

I'm on an SSRI and own many many guns. I don't shoot people.
It's not as easy saying mentally ill people shouldn't own guns.

If people were aloud to pack and TRAINED how to use them I honestly do believe less mass shootings would happen.

That's my two bits for the day, now I'm going to crack a beer and fondle my firearms:D

my apologies dude, my point was not clear and i don't intend to alienate anyone

SSRIs do help people like my buddy (who is off them now) and yourself.

I am refering to Doctors who perscribe them to people who don't need them for issues they can handle in other ways, my wife was on them for anxiety, useless, and it was hard to get her off and we handled things more naturally hypnotheropy etc.

I also know of cases where doctors just hand what ever out its not good.

just think of all the problems weve had, thalidomide, Valium amphetamines were all abused by the medical profession

Jan. 12, 2011, 6:57 p.m.

im starting to think shortandlong is one of the 7 voices in enduramils head.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 12, 2011, 6:58 p.m.

or discowitch

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 12, 2011, 7:46 p.m.

This thread is fucking dumb. i'm so mad i need to shoot!

i googled majin super gay and this thread came up