Guns Kill

Jan. 12, 2011, 6:04 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC1an_R3GGI[HTML_REMOVED]feature=player_embedded

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 12, 2011, 7:41 a.m.

Remember guns don't kill people, magical elves kill people.

Jan. 12, 2011, 8:17 a.m.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

Why are people so afraid of guns?

www.vitalmtb.com

Jan. 12, 2011, 8:23 a.m.

did you watch that video? im guessing thats why.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 12, 2011, 8:30 a.m.

so why wasn't any one able to whip out their gun and shoot loughner before he shot 16 people? must not have been enough guns in that pinko crowd i guess.

Jan. 12, 2011, 8:52 a.m.

so why wasn't any one able to whip out their gun and shoot loughner before he shot 16 people? must not have been enough guns in that pinko crowd i guess.

Apparently there was a guy in the crowd that had a handgun but he couldn't get it out in time. Loughner was on the ground by the time the guy got close enough to do anything.

I'm not sure I would want to be in a crowd of people all packing handguns. They might think they are ready to defend themselves and take down the bad guys but when bullets start flying how many of them are going to be overwhelmed with the situation and end up shooting an innocent bystander?

Jan. 12, 2011, 9:26 a.m.

If Rosie didn't have an endless supply of cheap calories she wouldn't be fat. And if dude in Arizona didn't have a gun nobody would have got shot. And I'm guessing unless Wyatt Earp was in the crowd more people would have been shot if everyone had guns in that crowd. A bunch of panic stricken average joes with handguns in a crowd doesn't seem like a safe situation to me.

vegetarian: an ancient word for "likes to stay home with the ladies…"

Jan. 12, 2011, 9:36 a.m.

Apparently there was a guy in the crowd that had a handgun but he couldn't get it out in time. Loughner was on the ground by the time the guy got close enough to do anything.

I'm not sure I would want to be in a crowd of people all packing handguns. They might think they are ready to defend themselves and take down the bad guys but when bullets start flying how many of them are going to be overwhelmed with the situation and end up shooting an innocent bystander?

A guy did get his out in time, and was a C hair from shooting one the heroes and not Loughner.

Jan. 12, 2011, 9:59 a.m.

A guy did get his out in time, and was a C hair from shooting one the heroes and not Loughner.

Good article. Hopefully that sinks in a bit to all the people buying handguns right now thiking they are going to be the next hero. Just watch an already bad scene turn into a free for all of people shooting anyone they see with a gun. I guess its just a matter of time before someone really does pull the trigger.

Jan. 12, 2011, 10:07 a.m.

Hopefully that sinks in a bit to all the people buying handguns right now thiking they are going to be the next hero.

It won't. Because these same people are the ones who watched the Fox [HTML_REMOVED] Friends intereview with the guy where they glossed over the 'almost shot a REAL hero', and accentuated the part where a bystander with a gun helped save the day.

Jan. 12, 2011, 10:51 a.m.

Why are people so afraid of not having them?

Jan. 12, 2011, 11:30 a.m.

well there goes guns saving lives argument then. lots of tough guy heros after the fact saying how they'd put a bullet in him if only they'd been there.

the whole gun don't kill people, people kill people argument is moot. try to kill over a dozen people in a crowd with a knife, not quite as easy i'd think.

Jan. 12, 2011, 11:46 a.m.

I think I like the mentally unstable people kill people argument better than guns kill people.

I know mentally stable people can kill people too, but it seems like to go on a killing spree or randomly kill someone for no apparent reason or because you are mad at the world there must be something is probably not right upstairs.

Jan. 12, 2011, 11:49 a.m.

People with guns kill people.

Jan. 12, 2011, 11:59 a.m.

Conservatives appear to own the sensationalistic message machine these days. Here is perhaps the single greatest 'marketing' opportunity in recent history for the Dems.

"Guns: weapons of mass destruction"

Plaster posters, pictures, vids everywhere showing the destruction of lives, destruction of families, destruction of communities due to gun violence. Fire up the propaganda press. Fight fire with fire.