Enough politics and bickering already..

Jan. 27, 2016, 4:34 p.m.

Note that the toursim marketing never mentions the mosquitoes and blackflies, which can be hellish depending on where you are, and the time of year.

We plan our north trips to coincide with the first frost which takes care of most of the bugs. Sounds like that would be a good plan for this area.
Just have to pack warm gear for nights below freezing.

The other good thing about travelling late in the season, most tourists have already left as it is too cold. Much quieter, although there is a downside to that in some stores and facilities might be closed.

Jan. 27, 2016, 10:11 p.m.

Lots of hiking, really only 1 bike trail, it is an old double track road that nature is reclaiming so a few diversions.
Went through there and Glacier back in 2014. Spent lots of time in both parks growing up as I lived in the East Kootenays at the time.
Edit: I can dig out pics from our trip out there if you are interested.

There were a few fires burning near the parks in 2014 so the sky was hazy with the smoke.
(I downloaded the pics from my wife's FB page so the quality is regular FB resolution.)

Glacier National Park - Montana

Climbing up Going to the Sun road

Logan Pass

Descending from Logan Pass

Descending from Logan Pass

Saint Mary's Lake

Lake Sherburne

Trail to Iceberg Lake

Bowl with Iceberg Lake

Jan. 27, 2016, 10:14 p.m.

There were a few fires burning near the parks in 2014 so the sky was hazy with the smoke.
(I downloaded the pics from my wife's FB page so the quality is regular FB resolution.)

Waterton National Park - Alberta

Snowshoe trail TH

Red Rock Canyon

Snowshoe trail

Snowshoe trail

Snowshoe trail

Snowshoe trail ([HTML_REMOVED] dragonfly)

Prince of Wales Hotel on Waterton Lake

Buffalo Paddock just outside of the park

Jan. 27, 2016, 10:33 p.m.

Lake Sherburne

Stunning!

https://nsmba.ca/product-category/memberships/

Jan. 28, 2016, 7:24 p.m.

Nice! Im gonna dig out my Glacier NP pics.

Jan. 28, 2016, 7:27 p.m.

We didn't get to spend a lot of time there and when we rolled through the going to the sun hwy it was quite foggy in spots. Still spectacular brief mountain glimpses between the fog though.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 30, 2016, 10:33 a.m.

some pics of Waterton and Glacier Nat'l Parks. A bit of overlap with CraigH but…

Looking down on Waterton townsite from the Bear's Hump, a short hike in town…

Chief Mtn., out of Waterton enroute to the U.S. border

Into Glacier NP…

Glacier has lots of hikes that can be done as loops and the Park Service has shuttle buses that you can use for pick up/drop off so you don't need to worry about getting back to your car. Some shots from hiking Piegan Pass. I recall waking up to a solid dusting of snow. In August.

Next pic is looking across the valley at the Grinnell Glacier trail. In the center, right at the ridgeline, there is a small speck. That is a helicopter. Earlier in the morning, a man and his daughter surprised a Grizzly with 2 cubs and were badly hurt and needed to be airlifted off the mountain. They were both fortunate to survive the attack.

Hidden Lake, near Logan Pass visitor ctr.

Looking over at the Going to the Sun Road and the Garden Wall.

That's all. Good memories. I'll definitely go back there.

Jan. 30, 2016, 10:50 a.m.

i can't compete with the waterton pics but it is a great place to walk and play in the water. it's amazing driving up to it…goes from plains to mountains pretty quickly. lots of camping although we just stuck to the one in the townsite

this year, a parks canada pass lasts two years due to the anniversary

Jan. 30, 2016, 1:42 p.m.

My mother and aunt worked at St. Marys Lake Lodge as teenagers in the '30's, hiked all those trails. The aunt married some guy from Montana and spent her life in Whitefish on the other side of the park.
Went out there on the train as a kid, drove Going to Sun as a young adult can't remember which x-country trip that was…..you wanna' see the Glaciers there you better go soon they're disappearing fast.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 30, 2016, 2:58 p.m.

Some seriously awesome pictures here. Thanks!

Jan. 30, 2016, 3:48 p.m.

Mind. Blown.

And thinking about possible ways how we as a family could spend some time roaming the Rockies.

Was in Banff and Jasper in 96 and I still remember it all. Would be awesome to show the wife and our little one.

Never been to Waterton…..nearly sounds like a plan.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 30, 2016, 6:40 p.m.

Lovin the pics!

Took a trip to Botanical Beach this morning, there was some waves and shit.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 30, 2016, 10:33 p.m.

Looking over at the Going to the Sun Road and the Garden Wall.

We saw them too but didn't have a lens that would get a decent shot.

Jan. 30, 2016, 10:36 p.m.

Mind. Blown.
And thinking about possible ways how we as a family could spend some time roaming the Rockies.
Was in Banff and Jasper in 96 and I still remember it all. Would be awesome to show the wife and our little one.
Never been to Waterton…..nearly sounds like a plan.

Compared to the 4 mountain parks (Yoho, Kootenay, Jasper [HTML_REMOVED] Banff) and also Revelstoke, I'd put Waterton 6th.

Jan. 31, 2016, 11:59 a.m.

great pics guys, I need to start bringing my camera with me more often so I have more to contribute to this thread in the future..