Cowspiracy

Sept. 29, 2015, 6:34 p.m.

Salad fucking sucks.

Don't eat it then. We hardly ever do.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Sept. 29, 2015, 6:36 p.m.

I always ask them when they are planning to adopt.

We have. One dog, one cat and three rabbits….

treezz
wow you are a ass

Sept. 29, 2015, 6:45 p.m.

Salad fucking sucks.

then you're eating shitty salads.

salads are awesome, you just have to make them right.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Sept. 29, 2015, 6:59 p.m.

Well, some salad is pretty nice. But I fucking hate having to put aside two hours to eat enough of the fucking stuff.

I know. The worst!
I believe it was the Summit Salad at WH2O and maybe one in Costa Rica have filled me up in my life. I'm pretty sure I had a poutine before the WH2O salad though.

Don't eat it then. We hardly ever do.

I don't have a choice this has been wired into my upbringing.

then you're eating shitty salads.

salads are awesome, you just have to make them right.

No. You're a shitty salad!

Current situation

Plus the pasta sauce and bread that I ate before and the two chicken thighs afterwards

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 29, 2015, 7:25 p.m.

Sometimes we try not eat meat for a meal and it just doesn't satisfy. It's just missing that delicious meat taste.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Sept. 29, 2015, 8:27 p.m.

Salad fucking sucks.

Hmmm………strange. More oil on the lettuce maybe? Hollow out a cucumber?

Try heating up some Spam, a slab of room temp. liver, warm a cupcake in the micro-wave, use you imagination, man.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Sept. 29, 2015, 9:05 p.m.

Beef is a big foot print but then so are almonds.

one gallon of California aquifer water per almond, avocados, and other nuts are also very water intensive in an area that provides a bunch of the fruit and vedgies to north america.

Almond-fed beef. Mmmmmm …. destroying the world, one steak at a time.

Sept. 29, 2015, 9:23 p.m.

qfl

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Sept. 29, 2015, 9:27 p.m.

Salad fucking sucks.

:D

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Sept. 29, 2015, 10:47 p.m.

If you want to use a lot of water that would be one very tasty way to do it.

Or you could trade your chicken based diet for a lentil one instead. Hippies would thank you, but they would be wrong to do so.

518 gallons per pound of chicken vs 704 for lentils.

Lots of other great comparisons to be made if you look here…

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/13/food-water-footprint_n_5952862.html

Now, let's put the comparison into even better perspective.

Chicken per 100g
Calories 239
Protein 27 g
Total Fat 14 g

Lentils per 100g
Calories 116
Protein 9 g
Total Fat 0.4 g

Makes it pretty obvious how easy it is to be 30lb underweight if you don't eat meat and you have a metabolism stuck in overdrive like I do.

Lentils are already way above any dairy and eggs for water use.

I'd have to eat 3x the weight of lentils to meet my protein requirements (pushing it way past beef's water usage). 2x to meet my calorie requirements (pushing it way past pork and a little above sheep). And contrary to all those vegan books, fat is crucial and the lack of it was a big reason why I looked like I was a recovering chemo patient in which case I'd need 35x as much lentils as chicken, or I'd have to pour almond oil into my smoothies like I used to do which sends the water usage into the stratosphere.

Spin spin spin. Anyone with an angle can cherry pick data (irony intended) and package it up nice and convincingly. Won't necessarily tell the whole story, but it does sell lots of books.

Sept. 29, 2015, 10:51 p.m.

or I'd have to pour almond oil into my smoothies like I used to do which sends the water usage into the stratosphere.

Spin spin spin. Anyone with an angle can cherry pick data (irony intended) and package it up nice and convincingly. Won't necessarily tell the whole story, but it does sell lots of books.

coconut oil.

and yes, it's easy to create spin in one's preferred direction.

Ellen Langer

Sept. 29, 2015, 10:56 p.m.

coconut oil.

Definitely has become a bit of a staple for me these days. And coconut milk. I probably get half my daily calories from eggs, avocado, coconut milk/oil, hemp seeds and bananas during my morning smoothie ritual.

Sept. 29, 2015, 11:04 p.m.

the water things is a bit of a misnomer, depending on where the food is produced as many plant based foods are getting produced using nothing more than rain water. same may even be true for some animal foods depending on how they are raised.

Ellen Langer

Sept. 30, 2015, 8:39 a.m.

If you want to use a lot of water that would be one very tasty way to do it.

Or you could trade your chicken based diet for a lentil one instead. Hippies would thank you, but they would be wrong to do so.

518 gallons per pound of chicken vs 704 for lentils.

Lots of other great comparisons to be made if you look here…

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/13/food-water-footprint_n_5952862.html

Now, let's put the comparison into even better perspective.

Chicken per 100g
Calories 239
Protein 27 g
Total Fat 14 g

Lentils per 100g
Calories 116
Protein 9 g
Total Fat 0.4 g

Makes it pretty obvious how easy it is to be 30lb underweight if you don't eat meat and you have a metabolism stuck in overdrive like I do.

Lentils are already way above any dairy and eggs for water use.

I'd have to eat 3x the weight of lentils to meet my protein requirements (pushing it way past beef's water usage). 2x to meet my calorie requirements (pushing it way past pork and a little above sheep). And contrary to all those vegan books, fat is crucial and the lack of it was a big reason why I looked like I was a recovering chemo patient in which case I'd need 35x as much lentils as chicken, or I'd have to pour almond oil into my smoothies like I used to do which sends the water usage into the stratosphere.

If we are doing comparisons, here's another one.

A lentil farm:

A chicken farm (one of the 'nicer' images…I could have posted a whole lot worse):

'Free range' farms aren't a whole lot better (for the 'humane' fans out there)

treezz
wow you are a ass

Sept. 30, 2015, 9:09 a.m.

Thats a layer barn (eggs)) not a chicken farm

you dont cage broiler chickens. you do pack 30,000 of them into a barn though. of course they are only really stuffed in there in the last 10 days of their 5 week life span .

funny watching a free range farm where all the chickens are packed into a barn even though they can go wander around an outside yard.