Connecticut School Shooting ?

Dec. 14, 2012, 9:50 p.m.

Why are guns even legal? Why do people even need guns? Cops I understand, but in society what's their purpose? I don't own a gun and I seem to live pretty happy and fulfilled.

Dec. 14, 2012, 10:26 p.m.

there has to be some middle ground somewhere so i have to ask the pople who seem opposed to gun control if are you opposed to all forms of gun control? do you think the US could benefit from similar types of gun regulations that we have in canada?

Gun control yes. The NRA campaigned heavily in the 80-90's to make sure anyone that was
pro gun control was seen as anti-gun. The results of all that is that still today there's
a huge push back against any gun control as it's seen as campaign to get rid of guns.

The genies out of the bottle, guns aren't going away…ever. Like drugs, you can make
it illegal but it won't really make a difference.

I like Hawaii's gun laws, they make sense and they have one of the lowest gun crime rates
in the country even though they have the top crystal meth uses in the nation. If I remember
correctly Vermont had the lowest gun crime, but I think that has to do more with having less
people and a different overall culture.

Ya know what i dont give a fuck if i get banned but you need to shut your fucken mouth you dick. Nice post comin from Mr Soap Box himself.

A little over the top there no? I think you could have made a better point if you got
rid of the first sentence.

Why are guns even legal? Why do people even need guns? Cops I understand, but in society what's their purpose? I don't own a gun and I seem to live pretty happy and fulfilled.

Guns are legal in case the people need to take back their government. Just like many on
the other continent have been doing and are still trying to do now. While it may not seem
likely today, in 100yrs it may be doable and needed. Every empire rises and falls, the USA
will fall at some point.

That said, some people just like to shoot guns. I have friends who shoot, are sane people
and you would never know they own guns. I don't own any guns, but I do enjoy shooting.

Looks like the guns belonged to the mother he shot in the face before he went to the school.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Dec. 14, 2012, 10:30 p.m.

You know what…a thread, of all the threads, from any time…should have just stayed on target from the original post at least on this day. One day. Then debate.

There were probably a hundred or two kids there….their parents are called in, they wait to see if their child exits the doors…18 didn't.

For fucks sakes….

Dec. 14, 2012, 10:40 p.m.

You know what…a thread, of all the threads, from any time…should have just stayed on target from the original post at least on this day. One day. Then debate.

There were probably a hundred or two kids there….their parents are called in, they wait to see if their child exits the doors…18 didn't.

For fucks sakes….

/thread

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 14, 2012, 10:41 p.m.

For fucks sakes….

???
What does us debating on this forum have to do with people 2000 miles away? You know far
more people than that died today in car crashes, stabbings, OD's and such. I feel for the
families and kids, but not sure why it matters us debating or not.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Dec. 14, 2012, 10:46 p.m.

A moment of silence that was never given here.

Dec. 14, 2012, 10:51 p.m.

RIP :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

What is it guns do again? :scream:

Why America Lets the Killings Continue

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Dec. 14, 2012, 10:58 p.m.

RIP :(

What is it guns do again? :scream:

I'll bite.

Guns filled my freezer with meat,which will feed my family.

Guns protect my chickens from the local coyotes and foxes. Those chickens feed my family as well.

Guns protect me when Im working alone out in the bush.

Guns did not kill 28 people in a school today, a mentally ill man did.

…..any more stupid questions, cityboy?

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 14, 2012, 11:03 p.m.

I'll bite.

Guns protect my chickens from the local coyotes and foxes. Those chickens feed my family as well.

Thank you for so succinctly making my point. Fool.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Dec. 14, 2012, 11:10 p.m.

Thank you for so succinctly making my point. Fool.

Can you type out,in plain english,your point?

….if you have one.

This fool can't interpret the underlying meaning of smileys and wont watch some youtube video that you found instead of turning your own thoughts into words.

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 14, 2012, 11:15 p.m.

Gun control yes. The NRA campaigned heavily in the 80-90's to make sure anyone that was
pro gun control was seen as anti-gun. The results of all that is that still today there's
a huge push back against any gun control as it's seen as campaign to get rid of guns.

The genies out of the bottle, guns aren't going away…ever. Like drugs, you can make
it illegal but it won't really make a difference.

I like Hawaii's gun laws, they make sense and they have one of the lowest gun crime rates
in the country even though they have the top crystal meth uses in the nation. If I remember
correctly Vermont had the lowest gun crime, but I think that has to do more with having less
people and a different overall culture.

A little over the top there no? I think you could have made a better point if you got
rid of the first sentence.

Guns are legal in case the people need to take back their government. Just like many on
the other continent have been doing and are still trying to do now. While it may not seem
likely today, in 100yrs it may be doable and needed. Every empire rises and falls, the USA
will fall at some point.

That said, some people just like to shoot guns. I have friends who shoot, are sane people
and you would never know they own guns. I don't own any guns, but I do enjoy shooting.

Looks like the guns belonged to the mother he shot in the face before he went to the school.

If people enjoy shooting guns that's fine, so go to a gun range, sign out a gun and shoot it at a target. What's the purpose of having a gun in your dresser for your mentally ill son to have easy access to? I'll tell you what that reason is, fear. Americans are all bat shit scared of each other because their neighbor has a gun. My uncle moved to Malibu last year and had a dinner with some friends that live in the area. He was asked if he had a 'home defender'. Everyone was stunned when he said no.

Dec. 15, 2012, 12:50 a.m.

I'll bite.

OK - I agree with your usage, but I don't think you need an Uzi to fend off coyotes. And I doubt the mother of the shooter at sleepy-town Newtown needed semi-automatic handguns and rifle.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 15, 2012, 12:54 a.m.

lol gun lobby said the solution is to have more guns. Might as well give everyone a gas mask and some VX.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 15, 2012, 8:37 a.m.

OK - I agree with your usage, but I don't think you need an Uzi to fend off coyotes. And I doubt the mother of the shooter at sleepy-town Newtown needed semi-automatic handguns and rifle.

I agree 100 percent. Problem is,the anti gun folks can't make that distinction

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 15, 2012, 9:11 a.m.

this shooting incident is a really a sad thing yeah there are way too many guns down there but really a whacko can get a gun up here legally and go crazy just as easy as down there, the 14 women shot at l'ecole polytechnic were killed with a legally procured ruger mini-14 which is still legal …the gun registry did absolutely nothing but cost money

yeah its VERY sad but there is not much you can do and really I think there is WAY more chance of being killed in many ways other than a whacko with an automatic weapon

not really a gun person myself