Canada Votes 2021

Sept. 21, 2021, 8:15 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

I didn’t edit your quote to misrepresent you, I just parsed it to what I thought was the most relevant point so we don’t have a mess of nested quotes.

“Jump all over” that if you feel it’s necessary I guess.

Ok that's fair, but it still misrepresented what I said which is what I took issue with. 

It looks like the post in question is now deleted so it's bit of dirty pool to hang that out there without being able to refer back to it imo.

Sept. 21, 2021, 9:50 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Posted by: Adam-West

I'd like to see a recent graph like that

Probably looks something like this

Anyone here old enough to know how Cretin and Martin did that?

Sept. 21, 2021, 10:28 p.m.

That reason is that generally, conservative thinking political parties tend to be more focused on being fiscally responsible.

We've only had two parties running this place. 

Are you saying the Liberal party is the Conservative Party and that the Conservative Party should be like the Liberal Party if they want to win the next election?

Sept. 21, 2021, 10:30 p.m.

IMHO in these sorts of discussions it's important to be able to separate the political ideology from the practices of the political parties themselves, as the parties do not always follow the ideology of the movement they borrow their name from.

Again, if no party in Canada has ever practiced that political ideology, and we've only had two political parties in Canada, what's the point of talking about it?

Sept. 21, 2021, 10:56 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Again, if no party in Canada has ever practiced that political ideology, and we've only had two political parties in Canada, what's the point of talking about it?

You're think no party in Canada has ever practiced conservative ideology or had it influence their party's platform/policies? Have we been living in different Canadas?

The point of talking about it, including the type of policies/platforms that we want from out politicians, is that it can help inform people who may not know much about the different parties beyond their names and get people to consider how certain policies can benefit them despite some of the falsehoods they get told. If we don't talk about it and get more people informed, how will we get people making better choices at the polls or asking better of our politicians?

Why does it seem you're only looking at this as if there are only two options or that those options have only done things a certain way?

Sept. 22, 2021, 6:09 a.m.

I didn’t edit your quote to misrepresent you, I just parsed it to what I thought was the most relevant point so we don’t have a mess of nested quotes.

“Jump all over” that if you feel it’s necessary I guess.

Ok that's fair, but it still misrepresented what I said which is what I took issue with. 

It looks like the post in question is now deleted so it's bit of dirty pool to hang that out there without being able to refer back to it imo.

I haven’t deleted anything. 

There’s no misrepresentation or “dirty pool” here.

Sept. 22, 2021, 8:46 a.m.

it was different campagin for sure, I think they held the official victory party on zoom on monday night, federal NDP mandated NO parties but buddy bought me a couple beer the next day as always after taking down signs in i think 5 winning elections mayor/ MP.  The conservatives and the peoples party of the disenfranchised  picked up votes this time but it wasn't a close race

Buddy said he has been living out of his car for 2 months, I think he did some couch surfing and he drove the whole 10000 kms by E-car ... cost zero

Last edited by: XXX_er on Sept. 22, 2021, 9:33 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 22, 2021, 8:57 a.m.

I haven’t deleted anything. 

There’s no misrepresentation or “dirty pool” here.

Oh ffs.  Yes you’re right, looks like I got my wires crossed on something last night. Sorry about that.

Sept. 22, 2021, 11:39 p.m.

Conservative governments spend more than Neoliberal ones.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/09/22/what-is-neoliberalism-a-primer/

Sept. 22, 2021, 11:41 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Conservative governments spend more than Neoliberal ones.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/09/22/what-is-neoliberalism-a-primer/

That's why the two of us believe Pelosi is our saviour and she isn't doing theatre to enrich herself.

Sept. 23, 2021, 12:51 p.m.

“We need to adjust to a new reality and remove the archaic expectations from previous generations about home ownership, investing and saving,” Brianna Bell wrote in The Globe and Mail. “But that doesn’t mean we should feel ashamed or guilty … it’s time we admit that’s OK.”

Well, I’m no millennial, but I respectfully disagree. It’s not OK. It’s outrageous.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/contributors/2021/09/22/ndp-should-push-liberals-for-public-hearings-on-wealth-tax.html

Sept. 23, 2021, 4:44 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

“We need to adjust to a new reality and remove the archaic expectations from previous generations about home ownership, investing and saving,” Brianna Bell wrote in The Globe and Mail. “But that doesn’t mean we should feel ashamed or guilty … it’s time we admit that’s OK.”

Well, I’m no millennial, but I respectfully disagree. It’s not OK. It’s outrageous.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/contributors/2021/09/22/ndp-should-push-liberals-for-public-hearings-on-wealth-tax.html

I think you picked the wrong quote. I’d have gone with

“Canadians might well be interested to learn that the NDP’s proposed 1 per cent tax on wealth-holdings worth more than $10 million would only affect the wealthiest 75,000 families, but would raise $17 billion a year, according to Alex Hemingway, an economist at the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives.”

Sept. 23, 2021, 8:21 p.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

I think you picked the wrong quote. I’d have gone with

“Canadians might well be interested to learn that the NDP’s proposed 1 per cent tax on wealth-holdings worth more than $10 million would only affect the wealthiest 75,000 families, but would raise $17 billion a year, according to Alex Hemingway, an economist at the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives.”

Bootlickers everywhere.

There's a reason why our neoliberal and conservative governments are cutting funding to education.

Sept. 23, 2021, 9:22 p.m.

https://thebreaker.news/business/kenny-chiu-defeated/#disqus_thread

Sept. 24, 2021, 7:07 a.m.

Nanaimo-Ladysmith is a tight race between NDP and CPC, it's pending on 8000+ mail in ballots. Looking unrealistic for the Green incumbent.