Westside Classic

June 20, 2006, 5:12 p.m.

How on earth did that happen?

Good question. It happened so fast. The derailleur might have gone into the spokes (doubt it cause it was tuned properly), The chain might have broke, and got wrapped up in the spokes. The thing is I don't really know, I was coming onto tenth and cornering hard and upshifting at the same time… then Blammo… race over. I first words I said (other than profanitys) were, "this isn't mountain biking. This can't be happening"

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

June 20, 2006, 5:38 p.m.

^^^That is some crazy sh*t. Do you remember what gears (front and back) you were in?

Were you using a SRAM PowerLink? Those things have been known to fail if the link is old. Although you don't hear much about broken chains going into spokes. Were you leaning left or right?

At least you didn't injure yourself seriously (?).

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

June 20, 2006, 5:55 p.m.

Hard right hand turn, lower front, near the top back ( two, or three from the top)

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll