Westside Classic

June 14, 2006, 9:38 p.m.

Anyone here racing this weekend?

I realized when signing up, that, I'm old :crybaby: This is a provincial championship race, so I have to race in the Masters Category, instead of 4/5. damn damn damn. I'm only thirty.

Well see you there, bright and early 7:30 start!

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

June 14, 2006, 10:34 p.m.

I realized when signing up, that, I'm old :crybaby: I'm only thirty.

Bah, if thirty is old then I must be…never mind.

Good luck with your race.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

June 15, 2006, 6:57 a.m.

But some of those old farts are fast! And some of the hills are steep, combine that with my size, (6,5) I'm toast.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

June 15, 2006, 8:47 a.m.

The Master's race for the Yaletown GP is probably going to be pretty fast as there's a team limit of 6 for the 1/2's so the odd ones out will be doing the Master's.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

June 15, 2006, 9:03 a.m.

I was hoping to go and watch but the girlfriend made brunch plans with her parents. Have fun on those hills. :D

June 15, 2006, 11:30 a.m.

where is the race link
i wanna come watch for a bit

brokezors

June 15, 2006, 11:34 a.m.

www.teamwedgewood.com

June 15, 2006, 4:10 p.m.

The Master's race for the Yaletown GP is probably going to be pretty fast as there's a team limit of 6 for the 1/2's so the odd ones out will be doing the Master's.

Sooo, am I right in thinking. Masters class A,B,C,D.
D is the slowest right?

June 15, 2006, 4:18 p.m.

no. D is the oldest. My licence says I'm Master A and I'm in the 30-39 age group.

June 15, 2006, 6:39 p.m.

no. D is the oldest. My licence says I'm Master A and I'm in the 30-39 age group.

Shit… I'm gonna have to get that fixed. So it goes by age. That's not good.

June 16, 2006, 9:57 a.m.

Shit… I'm gonna have to get that fixed. So it goes by age. That's not good.

I raced in my twenties. Got as high as Cat 3. Decided again to race in my thirties. Show up for my first race. Take a look through the pack. Notice all these guys that were Cat 1/2 when I was a Cat 3. Boy was that fun.

Keep reminding yourself that you're their for the fun of it. It's not like you're going to turn Pro.

June 16, 2006, 11:35 p.m.

I raced in my twenties. Got as high as Cat 3. Decided again to race in my thirties. Show up for my first race. Take a look through the pack. Notice all these guys that were Cat 1/2 when I was a Cat 3. Boy was that fun.

Keep reminding yourself that you're their for the fun of it. It's not like you're going to turn Pro.

Well it seems I have worked my way into Cat 4/5, Sooo happy. I wasn't looking forward to the droppage, that would have happened in the Masters. I'm so stoked about this race. depending on how the legs feel, I might even go off the front for a bit.

Maybe.. who knows

June 20, 2006, 8:54 a.m.

so how did your race go?? that was my first race with the Cat 1/2's and i got my legs ripped off!!! Dang those hills are tough…

June 20, 2006, 4:07 p.m.

Yah the hills were murder. I couldn't believe how fast the cat 4/5 guys were going up Tolmie. I was max HR the whole way up, and was getting passed. I only got one lap in before I tore my derailleur, hanger, and chain to peice's.
It kinda saved me from getting dropped….

Meh … until next year. Now back to training. Oh wait bike is broke, well looks like I'm riding Mountain Bikes again. Anyone want to climb Cypress, Mystery Downhill laps…

June 20, 2006, 4:55 p.m.

I only got one lap in before I tore my derailleur, hanger, and chain to peice's.

How on earth did that happen?

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk