NSMB - 2013 - Enduro/Trail Bike Build thread

March 4, 2013, 5:05 a.m.

How do you like the KS lev?

Sorry, it's pretty new and it is my first dropper post, so no conclusions yet other than it does what it is supposed to do, lever action is very light and installation is a breeze. The first couple of times the saddle would drop under my weight without actuating the button, but that seemed to go away after applying the proper pressure and some usage of the post.

The biggest bonus of the Lev for me is the 150mm and the cable routing.

March 4, 2013, 1:17 p.m.

I am surprised Norco didn't route it the same as the Truax. Not as pretty but far more effective for isolating the suspension from autoshifting gears every bump!

ya don't get me started. they should go on the top of the downtube, right past the main pivot. Only a couple manufacturers get this detail right.

I'm liking the lev so far. static cable mount and 6" drop are the major pluses. other mentionables are being able to easily disconnect the cable without tools if you need to pull out the seatpost, and the fact that it runs on a cable so you can shorten the cable/housing without re-bleeding. being able to rotate the angle of the cable mount is also nice. if it continues working, its a winner.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

March 4, 2013, 3:48 p.m.

Sorry, it's pretty new and it is my first dropper post, so no conclusions yet other than it does what it is supposed to do, lever action is very light and installation is a breeze. The first couple of times the saddle would drop under my weight without actuating the button, but that seemed to go away after applying the proper pressure and some usage of the post.

The biggest bonus of the Lev for me is the 150mm and the cable routing.

ya don't get me started. they should go on the top of the downtube, right past the main pivot. Only a couple manufacturers get this detail right.

I'm liking the lev so far. static cable mount and 6" drop are the major pluses. other mentionables are being able to easily disconnect the cable without tools if you need to pull out the seatpost, and the fact that it runs on a cable so you can shorten the cable/housing without re-bleeding. being able to rotate the angle of the cable mount is also nice. if it continues working, its a winner.

Glad to hear you guys a happy with your KS Lev's. I am going to pull the trigger on one soon.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

March 4, 2013, 4:26 p.m.

Thomson dropper is supposed to be available April 1… something else that might be worth waiting for.

March 5, 2013, 2:03 p.m.

JD: When you get a chance to really thrash that beauty off road I would like to hear your impressions of how the rear shifting works or doesn't w/that top tube cable routing. I am surprised Norco didn't route it the same as the Truax. Not as pretty but far more effective for isolating the suspension from autoshifting gears every bump!

Quoting this post from 2 days ago as for some reason it got sent to the Mod Queue.

March 8, 2013, 12:06 p.m.

Mine

March 8, 2013, 12:20 p.m.

Mine

Nice. Drooling here. Also I just wanted to let you know that you were my favorite of the Spice Girls.

Wrong. Always.

March 8, 2013, 1:31 p.m.

Thomson dropper is supposed to be available April 1… something else that might be worth waiting for.

Honestly, i don't see why.

They have no history of suspension, they are just putting someone else's cart into their own body and it's not like the seat clamp area of any decent dropper post is its weakness. Oh and it's going to be lots more expensive than the proven performer - the Reverb.

Thomson should stick to making stems and rigid seatposts.

March 8, 2013, 1:45 p.m.

They have no history of suspension, they are just putting someone else's cart into their own body and it's not like the seat clamp area of any decent dropper post is its weakness. Oh and it's going to be lots more expensive than the proven performer - the Reverb.

They are also testing the heck out of their uppy downy post…I have been loving the facebook updates and hearing how the proto testing has been going and the changes they are making when they do run into issues. If they get it right it could be a great post…I am cautiously optimistic…lol.

March 8, 2013, 2:01 p.m.

But the cable mounts at the top - not good.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

March 8, 2013, 2:18 p.m.

But the cable mounts at the top - not good.

Yeah that was one of my worries as well, they are doing a stealth post as well for those lucky enough to have routing for it.

March 8, 2013, 2:26 p.m.

This.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

March 8, 2013, 2:34 p.m.

They are also testing the heck out of their uppy downy post…I have been loving the facebook updates and hearing how the proto testing has been going and the changes they are making when they do run into issues. If they get it right it could be a great post…I am cautiously optimistic…lol.

That's it though. Everyone else did a tonne of prototype testing and whatnot.

I just think they are trading on their reputation as makers of essentially simple components that they manage to make elegantly and effectively. Love their stems and posts, think their bars are atrocious.

March 8, 2013, 3:15 p.m.

That's it though. Everyone else did a tonne of prototype testing and whatnot.

I just think they are trading on their reputation as makers of essentially simple components that they manage to make elegantly and effectively. Love their stems and posts, think their bars are atrocious.

I doubt Thomson will bring a post to market that doesn't meet their exceptionally high standards, and beats all others out of the box. BTW, Thomson contracted the internals to a suspension manufacturer, but I am sure they have tight controls over QA, so I would rock it. But haters are gonna hate.

March 8, 2013, 10:30 p.m.

Oh snap. I went and done it.

[ATTACH]9030[/ATTACH]

Went in for a demo. Went home with a bike.

Dropper post to come.