NSMB - 2013 - Enduro/Trail Bike Build thread

March 23, 2013, 12:31 a.m.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/303941/

That was ridiculous riding.

Shed head!

March 23, 2013, 6:39 a.m.

Yeah, so smooth. He made it look way too easy.

March 23, 2013, 8:13 a.m.

More recent shot of mine:

Loving the Lyrik RC2DH with dual position air compared to the 66RC3 I was running before. Much better damping and I like the slightly steeper head angle with the shorter fork; makes it so much more responsive and maneuverable like a MTB should be compared to the slow steering tendancies with a longer fork. Climbing singletrack is effortless when I drop the front end down to 130mm.

The M785 brakes are great, even with 160mm rotors I can still go over the bars if I grab a handful of brake at the wrong moment. It took a couple of rides to get used to the lever feel compared to the various Avid brakes I've been running for the last 6 years but now I'm sold on Shimano brakes.

Overall I'm really stoked on this setup - I could ride this bike anywhere, on any trail and have fun

March 23, 2013, 8:47 a.m.

More recent shot of mine:

Loving the Lyrik RC2DH with dual position air compared to the 66RC3 I was running before. Much better damping and I like the slightly steeper head angle with the shorter fork; makes it so much more responsive and maneuverable like a MTB should be compared to the slow steering tendancies with a longer fork. Climbing singletrack is effortless when I drop the front end down to 130mm.

The M785 brakes are great, even with 160mm rotors I can still go over the bars if I grab a handful of brake at the wrong moment. It took a couple of rides to get used to the lever feel compared to the various Avid brakes I've been running for the last 6 years but now I'm sold on Shimano brakes.

Overall I'm really stoked on this setup - I could ride this bike anywhere, on any trail and have fun

Looks good, but no dropper?

March 23, 2013, 8:55 a.m.

Looks good, but no dropper?

Nope, I'm sure I would realize some benefit from one but generally I climb straight up and descend straight down - I have not found the need to adjust my seatpost much along a ride. Plus none of my riding partners have dropper posts so it's not a big deal to stop for a second and drop or raise the post, gives us a chance to shoot the shit along the way

March 23, 2013, 8:57 a.m.

Nope, I'm sure I would realize some benefit from one but generally I climb straight up and descend straight down - I have not found the need to adjust my seatpost much along a ride. Plus none of my riding partners have dropper posts so it's not a big deal to stop for a second and drop or raise the post, gives us a chance to shoot the shit along the way

I see your point living in Nelson… although I've been seeing some dropper posts making their way onto DH bikes. Makes sense for some trails.

March 24, 2013, 1:39 p.m.

Here's a really shit photo of my riding buddy with my new-to-me mojo frame I recently built up. Was a fun little project. I got it used and sanded down the clearcoat, resprayed it built up with new links and the below parts.

Revelation RLT Ti
Stans Flow w/ hans dampf tubeless
Reverb
WTB Silverado
Sixc bar
Thomson stem
MRP lopes guide on 34T raceface ring.
XTR everything else.

26lbs

March 24, 2013, 3:08 p.m.

Here's a really shit photo of my riding buddy with my new-to-me mojo frame I recently built up. Was a fun little project. I got it used and sanded down the clearcoat, resprayed it built up with new links and the below parts.

Revelation RLT Ti
Reverb
WTB Silverado
Sixc bar
Thomson stem
XTR everything else.

26lbs

Nice, I like the black/no logo look. I got a '11 Enduro EVO recently and rattle canned all the yellow accents black straight away. Will post pix once she's done…

March 24, 2013, 3:28 p.m.

Revelation RLT Ti
Reverb
WTB Silverado
Sixc bar
Thomson stem
XTR everything else.

26lbs

Nice, I like the black/no logo look. I got a '11 Enduro EVO recently and rattle canned all the yellow accents black straight away. Will post pix once she's done…

Were the yellow accents just stickers? I ordered an Enduro 29er but it will be the black with blue colourway. It looks pretty cheap in the photos compared to the matte black.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

March 25, 2013, 3:48 a.m.

I think I might have to try tubeless…

March 25, 2013, 6:12 a.m.

Were the yellow accents just stickers? I ordered an Enduro 29er but it will be the black with blue colourway. It looks pretty cheap in the photos compared to the matte black.

My frame (front triangle at least) is actually painted yellow with black on top. In typical Spec fashion the black is not very durable but the yellow seems ok (as far as durability). Not sure what they did for 2013 but doubt its just stickers….

March 28, 2013, 1:25 p.m.

My wrist is finally healed and I got out for a ride. I have a few more small changes to make then I will weigh it again, I am expecting it to come in around 33#'s after the last few changes. Right now it is 32.9 with out pedals. (i had no pedals with me when I weighed it)

March 28, 2013, 1:31 p.m.

Oh…love the new cranks, super jealous Don…lookin good man.

March 28, 2013, 4:33 p.m.

Don, your dropper post condom needs to be reattached… :dizzy:

March 28, 2013, 7:27 p.m.

Don, your dropper post condom needs to be reattached… :dizzy:

oh yeah!