NSMB - 2012 AM 29er build off

Jan. 6, 2012, 5:51 p.m.

^Wondering when this shitshow would happen? Take that off any sweet jumps?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 6, 2012, 9:10 p.m.

Got a Gravity Dropper today. Might go for a rip tomorrow if its not too nasty out.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Jan. 7, 2012, 8:05 a.m.

^Wondering when this shitshow would happen? Take that off any sweet jumps?

those jump very well actually. its only a matter of time until someone puts drop bars on a mtb. Get a couple pros to say how cool it is and the band wagon begins.

only 35 but still beat the 30-39 BC cup Champion 4 out of 6 races

Jan. 7, 2012, 9:10 a.m.

those jump very well actually. its only a matter of time until someone puts drop bars on a mtb. Get a couple pros to say how cool it is and the band wagon begins.

i'm guessing this was more about poking fun at 29ers by calling them 'cross bikes.

Check my stuff for sale!

Jan. 7, 2012, 11:04 a.m.

i'm guessing this was more about poking fun at 29ers by calling them 'cross bikes.

This, but realistically I'm a huge 29er fan. Also, just wanted to show off my new bike.

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

Jan. 7, 2012, 11:25 a.m.

Ha yeah :D

treezz
wow you are a ass

Jan. 7, 2012, 11:55 a.m.

Also, just wanted to show off my new bike.

what frame is that? can't tell for sure but the drop outs suggest its a crosscheck

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Jan. 7, 2012, 12:22 p.m.

what frame is that? can't tell for sure but the drop outs suggest its a crosscheck

Yep, just an old Crosscheck frame that my girl was using as a flat bar commuter before she got her Soma. Chucked a Rival build kit on there and it's pretty fun so far.

Jan. 7, 2012, 12:35 p.m.

^Pretty slick build there L. Ron.

Devo or Deva on there?

Figured 29er Hardtail would serve me better than a CX bike. Im slightly worried that the Surface and Range will be too close of bikes though

Jan. 7, 2012, 1:16 p.m.

Devo or Deva on there?

Devo. I usually go for the Deva, but the Devo seems to be a little softer for 2012. Also, I didn't feel like ordering anything; convenience is king and it's comfy so far.

Jan. 7, 2012, 1:21 p.m.

Figured 29er Hardtail would serve me better than a CX bike. Im slightly worried that the Surface and Range will be too close of bikes though

Doubt it. They're pretty different bikes.

Jan. 7, 2012, 1:56 p.m.

Im slightly worried that the Surface and Range will be too close of bikes though

Doubt it. They're pretty different bikes.

i had that concern too. if it existed i'd have my heart set on a racelight, sakura/kamui version of the surface, because i could see the weight and capability of an am 29er chromag being pretty similar to my 6" bike. one of the reasons i'm not totally gutted not to have bought one in the fall

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Jan. 7, 2012, 1:58 p.m.

Yep, just an old Crosscheck frame… it's pretty fun so far.

glad you're liking it. thinking of picking up a travel version of that frame for an up-comming trip… to the land of dirt roads and no trails :crybaby:

Jan. 7, 2012, 2:10 p.m.

i had that concern too. if it existed i'd have my heart set on a racelight, sakura/kamui version of the surface, because i could see the weight and capability of an am 29er chromag being pretty similar to my 6" bike. one of the reasons i'm not totally gutted not to have bought one in the fall

Well, if its too close of a quiver I can always give my dad the Range, and either sell the Nomad, and get a Truax or build it up burlier:greedy:

Jan. 7, 2012, 4:59 p.m.

its only a matter of time until someone puts drop bars on a mtb. Get a couple pros to say how cool it is and the band wagon begins.

1990…

River City Cycle Club - www.rivercitycycle.ca

Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com