Maxxis Adrent

Aug. 31, 2008, 11:32 p.m.

Man what an awesome rear tire. I haven't had the chance to put one on the front yet (still love my 2.5 minion too much) but a 2.4 Ardent on a 3c compound is wicked. It rolls fast like the minion F on the rear but I find it breaks better by having more bite and when it breaks traction it is very controlled and predictable. With my minion F on the rear, i found that it seemed to go at a semi predictable time but it would keep going and not be as controlled as the ardent.

Has many other people gotten a chance on them?

www.knollybikes.com

:canada:

Sept. 1, 2008, 2:29 a.m.

Been running a front and rear 2.6/2.4 combo for about a month and a half now and so far I'm pretty impressed. I find they corner better than my Minions did but the only downside I have found is that they pack up with mud and can sometimes shoot up towards my face. Otherwise great tire.

I troll shitty posters like yourself, because it's amusing to watch you skidmarks get all riled up.

Sept. 1, 2008, 6:42 a.m.

how are they on wet shore condition eg:skinnies?

Sept. 1, 2008, 8 a.m.

ardent on the rear and minion on the front?

only 35 but still beat the 30-39 BC cup Champion 4 out of 6 races

Sept. 1, 2008, 10:32 a.m.

I'm running a 3C 2.4 on the back with a DHF in the front. I like this combo and it has made climbing Fromme a bit quicker. However, I'm not sure I'd run this tire in the front on the Shore. Perhaps I've yet to find the pressure sweet spot, but I don't find it brakes nearly as well as the High Roller I used to run out back. For winter, I will probably go back to the High Roller or a Minion. The 2.4 Ardent is nice and big though-bigger than a 2.5 Minion!

Sept. 1, 2008, 11:27 a.m.

I've got 60a's front and rear. Needed a 3C up front at a slippery Whistler yesterday.

Good tyres.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Sept. 1, 2008, 6:53 p.m.

I find them better in the wet here at Whistler, but I still prefer minions when it is dry. Not necessarily better than a swampthing for deep sticky mud etc., but for a wet In Deep it is a great choice IMO.

Sept. 1, 2008, 8:03 p.m.

ardent on the rear and minion on the front?

I heard the Ardents are quick at Mt. Washington :lol:

Sept. 1, 2008, 11:41 p.m.

how are they on wet shore condition eg:skinnies?

Haven't gotten too much wet stuff rides in so far but i've been happy. I do think though that some knobby michy's or highrollers will go on bike over the winter, who knows.

www.knollybikes.com

:canada:

Sept. 1, 2008, 11:45 p.m.

I heard the Ardents are quick at Mt. Washington :lol:

Sun Peaks too..

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Sept. 1, 2008, 11:48 p.m.

ardents [HTML_REMOVED] minions f's however now that the next 6 months are going to be wet i wanna pick up a set of wetsrcreams.

Sept. 2, 2008, 7:40 a.m.

ardents [HTML_REMOVED] minions f's however now that the next 6 months are going to be wet i wanna pick up a set of wetsrcreams.

no, ride the ardents;), and make a review.

Sept. 2, 2008, 8:44 a.m.

On a slightly related note, don't fit an Advantage to the front. I put one on my do-everything ride and it's quickly coming back off. It just doesn't have enough bite braking into steep north-shore turns for me. I'll be going back to a Highroller.

Jon-boy.

Sept. 2, 2008, 9 a.m.

anyone have weights yet for DH 60a and 3c 's front and rear ????

Sept. 7, 2008, 9:20 a.m.

I used my front 3C 2.6" Ardent for the first time yesterday (Sunshine Coast for reference….) and felt it was very sensitive to tyre pressure due to the almost triangular profile. It's a very high tyre and initially had probably around 35psi in it (rough guess, I never bother checking pressures…just guess) and on hard braking on loose surfaces I was all over the place with the front washing out. I don't know why I put so much air in the tyre to be fair so maybe my Slow Reezay Minnion would have handled the trails in the same way, but when I let the tyre down to probably around 20psi (pretty soft anyway….) it made a huge difference and I didn't lose front wheel traction again. I had total confidence in the front end and it's probably a bit unfair expecting it to perform quite as well as a 2.7" flatter profile tyre made from chewing gum when it comes to straight line braking traction, but it was really good on the corners.

treezz
wow you are a ass