Whistler Bike Park 2015

May 9, 2015, 4:57 a.m.

Also, upper a line is open so go get a taste.

May 9, 2015, 1:13 p.m.

Request politely denied. I am a fucker over 200 and it is easy for me to get over. In fact I've started hiping again. You'll get it.

Not sure if the work you guys did there this morning helped or not but I got it now… you were right.

New ALINE is fine. Tombstones are still there with only a few changes. Can't wait till she beds in.

May 9, 2015, 2:47 p.m.

Not sure if the work you guys did there this morning helped or not but I got it now… you were right.

New ALINE is fine. Tombstones are still there with only a few changes. Can't wait till she beds in.

Just go faster on the last one. It's not too different than last year.

May 9, 2015, 2:52 p.m.

Just go faster on the last one. It's not too different than last year.

It's more of a long jump now as opposed to years prior where you could boost high. At least me.

May 9, 2015, 3:19 p.m.

It's more of a long jump now as opposed to years prior where you could boost high. At least me.

True, but if you stay off the brakes after the bridge jump you can send it no problem.

May 9, 2015, 5:44 p.m.

Also, upper a line is open so go get a taste.

I love the edit,your original post was perfect.

May 9, 2015, 6:32 p.m.

True, but if you stay off the brakes after the bridge jump you can send it no problem.

I could always get there,but not with any flare. But worry no more, I know the line I need to take.

Lower Canadian open is good to go now too.

May 9, 2015, 11:54 p.m.

Should add, upper CIU opened so I did a rip. Not much has really changed… that stupid box after the wall rides is gone, the wall rides are actually more flowy and the liability jump before the wallrides is gone.

Also, the high speed jump is gone but I'm not really sure how/where it was… only noticed it when I didn't hit it.

I think only three jumps need to be scrubbed if on the trail if you don't use your brakes, but don't quote me on that.

Yup, overshot two jumps in my CIU run today. Landed the first overshoot basically at the foot of the next jump, and the other one was right before a corner. The new wallrides are fun, but I miss the wallride lower down. Also liking the big lip on the right side of the step up right after a right hand turn on the lower part.

I enjoyed A-Line today. I personally have trouble with the big jump after the up-down s-berms (not the one after the rock drop but a little lower); the lip looks big and intimidating. Dirt Merchant was running a little better than A-Line today in my opinion, so did more laps of that than Upper A-Line.

:japan:

May 10, 2015, 3:43 p.m.

As a single I rode up the lift with two dudes. One of them said they think Dirt Merchant is overrated. I pushed him off the chair. That's why the lift stopped today.

May 10, 2015, 6:49 p.m.

:lol:We took a break and spent money at Bike Stores.

May 11, 2015, 8:17 p.m.

How busy does may long get at the bike park. Can't wait to get some time out there

May 11, 2015, 8:31 p.m.

How busy does may long get at the bike park. Can't wait to get some time out there

It's not the bike park you have to worry about. Beware large groups of males wearing shiny shirts that are too small, looking for an excuse to show the world how cowardly they are.

May 11, 2015, 8:42 p.m.

It's not the bike park you have to worry about. Beware large groups of males wearing shiny shirts that are too small, looking for an excuse to show the world how cowardly they are.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ?

May 11, 2015, 8:57 p.m.

So basically every weekend come summer time in Whistler…haha

May 11, 2015, 9:06 p.m.

If you can, avoid long holiday weekends, especially if you want to get as many runs in as possible, as you could spend 1/2 your time or more standing in line. If you don't have a full pass, and want to make the best use of your time in the park, you may wait until Garbanzo opens up, you will get better value for your money and 3 extra hours a day of riding. Also, don't expect to get much riding done at Crankworkx. Many of the trails are closed or trashed. Best time to ride is typically late June to early/mid August (weather dependent - but this time usually has some of the best weather anyway). Sept and October can be pretty good too. The park crew sometimes picks this time to do some experimenting with the trails and features during late in the season can be lots of fun.