WBP 16

May 12, 2016, 7:49 a.m.

Would be cool if the WBP named a trail after Steve Smith - either rename a current trail or one of the new ones going into Creekside, etc.

This really needs to happen. My best memories of Stevie are of cheering him on at Crankworx, you always got the feeling that he pushed a bit harder for the home crowd. Here's a pic I captured of him on Lower Canadian Open, right before he crossed the line for the win. It feels a bit more special now…

![]([HTML_REMOVED]

May 12, 2016, 8:36 a.m.

I like this idea, but I think it could be bigger. Would be great to have a top to bottom world cup track in his honour.

Even better! If they were to have a WC race in Whistler though, wouldn't something like Canadian Open be the appropriate length (perhaps slightly on the shorter side). Having something all the way from the top (like the Garbanzo DH) would be like a 12 min race track, which is over double the standard WC race track times. Perhaps something from the bottom of Big Red going into Creekside would be the perfect length…

Would be great to see a WC race in Whistler - especially if it was used to honour Steve Smith.

May 12, 2016, 2:27 p.m.

Another vote for a rename or new trail if WBP is up for it. Would be awesome way to honour the man.

May 15, 2016, 12:37 a.m.

creekside wc track, DO IT!

May 16, 2016, 1:43 p.m.

I was on the phone with guest services today and was told I need to physically go in and sign a waiver for my 10 day pass before I can ride. I thought I remember being able to sign off online last year and just head straight to the lifts, anyone know?

Also was told it will be Fitz only this weekend for the bike park, even though the village gondola reopens on Saturday for sightseeing. Not sure the rationale on that, hopefully she was wrong.

May 16, 2016, 1:47 p.m.

I haven't signed anything for many years.. did you have one last year?

I wonder if it's because I've been season-passing both seasons in succession.

May 16, 2016, 3:46 p.m.

I was on the phone with guest services today and was told I need to physically go in and sign a waiver for my 10 day pass before I can ride. I thought I remember being able to sign off online last year and just head straight to the lifts, anyone know?

Also was told it will be Fitz only this weekend for the bike park, even though the village gondola reopens on Saturday for sightseeing. Not sure the rationale on that, hopefully she was wrong.

I don't recall having anything open besides Fitzsimmons zone on opening weekend ever.

Thread killer

May 16, 2016, 8:32 p.m.

I'm told VG might have some bike carriers on the line for Saturday if it's really busy. I suspect we'll find out for sure on Saturday!

I don't recall ever being able to sign the waiver online.

May 17, 2016, 11:39 a.m.

I haven't signed anything for many years.. did you have one last year?

I wonder if it's because I've been season-passing both seasons in succession.

I don't recall having anything open besides Fitzsimmons zone on opening weekend ever.

I'm told VG might have some bike carriers on the line for Saturday if it's really busy. I suspect we'll find out for sure on Saturday!

I don't recall ever being able to sign the waiver online.

I called WB again today and was told I don't need to sign anything because I did it online when I bought the pass. I do vaguely remember typing "I AGREE" to something but can't remember if it was for ski or bike park haha. Pretty sure I went straight to the lift last year too.

Good to know about the gondola. Weather is looking OK but not spectacular so maybe it won't be a total zoo? Needless to say I'm stoked, got new super tackys mounted up and just need to bleed my brakes and I'm good to go.

May 17, 2016, 2:03 p.m.

Is it gonna be a Go-fest dominated weekend or will the Surrey Tap-Out crowd be ripping the village apart?

Thread killer

May 17, 2016, 2:05 p.m.

Is it gonna be a Go-fest dominated weekend or will the Surrey Tap-Out crowd be ripping the village apart?

C) All of the above

May 17, 2016, 2:16 p.m.

C) All of the above

I'm pretty certain I saw you walking around the village at 2 in a bedazzled shirt yelling expletives at people who were in a smaller group than you…

… and this time our group will be bigger than yours!

Unfortunately, the RCMP will be patrolling the village perimeter on bikes so we'll have to meet up at Emerald park to fight. We should schedule taking the bus at different times though, cuz that will be awkward.

May 17, 2016, 2:20 p.m.

I'm pretty certain I saw you walking around the village at 2 in a bedazzled shirt yelling expletives at people who were in a smaller group than you…

… and this time our group will be bigger than yours!

Unfortunately, the RCMP will be patrolling the village perimeter on bikes so we'll have to meet up at Emerald park to fight. We should schedule taking the bus at different times though, cuz that will be awkward.

"uh, is this seat taken?"

May 17, 2016, 2:34 p.m.

:grinno:

May 17, 2016, 3:20 p.m.

We've all got the Twilight Pass this year given our pending move (except the boy, who has a full pass). So we will see what the crowd is like Saturday after 4:30.

Got the big bikes out of the shed and dialled last night. Brakes bled, old tires aired up, chains lubed.

Will stop by the local MMA shop tonight to get a selection of Affliction and Tap-Out shirts for the family should they be necessary to better fit in. Thanks for the reminder.