New Freight Train Features

Sept. 1, 2009, 7:36 a.m.

new section of blue velvet is super fun, wall ride is pretty easy to rail, and super well built, nice work crew!

Sept. 1, 2009, 10:07 p.m.

FYI, I remember hearing last year that the area under the garbo chair is designated a protected habitat in some way. The impression I got was that it is unlikely there will ever be trails directly under the chair, but there was some potential for expanding to the left of the chair (looking up the hill) in the future, where the terrain is steeper than to the right, where the current trails are.

I can see that it's the wide open excavator trails that seem to draw the masses, but isn't the fact that O-sin, Goats etc are so punched out right now a sign that they're at max capacity? Time for a new, natural line methinks. New/No Joke has some highlights in sections (man I love the rock double on your way into the tree section before getting to the top of the Creekside gondola) but is only good in parts.

And I think Todd hit the nail on the head. The new stuff doesn' have to be rated black/double black. A natural, blue level singletrack up there would be sweet. Not sure such a trail could sustain the amount of traffic it would likely see though? I imagine the excavated trails hold up a lot better to heavy use…

Sept. 1, 2009, 11:47 p.m.

I think any terrain, lookers left of Garbo and the Gondy, is designated bear habitat and the mountain doesn't want to push the bears further off the mountain (they are a tourist attraction). I think the far right of Dave Murray has potentail as well as the trees between Orange Peel and Dave's…just takes time to get shit done now days….

mtbskierdad

Sept. 2, 2009, 11:50 a.m.

We looked at that new stunt when it wasnt finished yet at Crankworx and it looked so fun, cant wait to ride it in the fall. Also the new stuff on BV looks great!

http://kamloopsbikes.blogspot.com

Sept. 2, 2009, 1:19 p.m.

So I'm an intermediate rider and can handle drops..for jumps, I land more tables than trannys going down A-Line. I've done the satellite dishes when they were in the Boneyard earlier this year. Am I going to die and/or get seriously injured, doing the Mad Cow?

Is there a trick to it?

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Sept. 2, 2009, 1:37 p.m.

mmm me and a buddy went up to mt wash yesterday and both of us were on hardtails and we rode from like 11:30 till 6:30 so today i felt like all my fingers were broken and someone hit me across the back with a bat..

I may have seen you, I had the Sooke cycle jersey on (think bright yellow, orange, blue) and a brown demo. Though, there were a few people with hard
tails out there.

So I'm an intermediate rider and can handle drops..for jumps, I land more tables than trannys going down A-Line. I've done the satellite dishes when they were in the Boneyard earlier this year. Am I going to die and/or get seriously injured, doing the Mad Cow?

Is there a trick to it?

From the video, it looks like too fast might be an issue. It looks like you could
just kind of float up and roll over.

Man, I got to get to WBP one more time this year.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Sept. 2, 2009, 5:15 p.m.

Is there a trick to it?

Close your eyes and pull up.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Sept. 2, 2009, 5:59 p.m.

The mad/brown(?) cow is not that crazy. I rode past it once and had a look at someone else do it. Then followed a buddy right up onto it. It doesn't require a whole lot of speed. If you can handle the container stepup, this is a piece of cake.

Sept. 2, 2009, 9:33 p.m.

that step on step off was one of the most fun things ever ya i agree it would be cool to see more stuff like that. well if ya dont like it dont ride it thats cool.

Gohuckyourself.com

Sept. 3, 2009, 8:29 a.m.

just watch your speed coming off it, it's actually super short in the tranny dept, could stand to be a bit bigger…

Sept. 3, 2009, 10:19 a.m.

just watch your speed coming off it, it's actually super short in the tranny dept, could stand to be a bit bigger…

I dont think you really have to? The wood ramp has a smooth transition to dirt. After i got the speed for the step up right and landed it perfectly I would never brake before coming off of it and never had a problem.

Sept. 3, 2009, 10:32 a.m.

I'm putting in a vote for a Samurai Pizza Cat / Renegade style trail the length of Garbanzo. Just super fun, flowing Blue single track.

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

:safrica: - :canada:

Sept. 3, 2009, 10:36 a.m.

I'm putting in a vote for a Samurai Pizza Cat / Renegade style trail the length of Garbanzo. Just super fun, flowing Blue single track.

I second that, with a bit of crabapple turns style in there as well to add a bit of smooth,drifty action :rocker:

Sept. 3, 2009, 10:47 a.m.

I second that, with a bit of crabapple turns style in there as well to add a bit of smooth,drifty action :rocker:

SOLD!

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

:safrica: - :canada:

Sept. 3, 2009, 3:16 p.m.

Here is a short chase camera clip of the Mad Cow feature on Freight Train.

Philly56 on the boards is being filmed riding his new Socom. We didn't hit the step up because we had no idea of the speed needed and there weren't really and tracks on it. It looks like fun and next time I'm up there I will definitely hit it.

https://vimeo.com/6422952

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-