Seymour trail conditions. (2012)

July 16, 2012, 10:20 a.m.

You're riding over your head, son.

Get well soon tho.

Wrong. Always.

July 16, 2012, 10:44 a.m.

what would've happened if you came around a corner at full tilt and there was a tree down? never assume a trail is clear just because it was the last time you rode it.

July 16, 2012, 3:37 p.m.

what would've happened if you came around a corner at full tilt and there was a tree down? never assume a trail is clear just because it was the last time you rode it.

sue nth van for allowing trees to fall down on a bike trail? thats what i'd do anyway..

July 20, 2012, 12:57 p.m.

I finally rode down Neds to see what all the fuss was about…
There is a sign at the top (where you turn left into top of the run in) that the trail has changed, but it would be easy to miss.

I think the problem is that the way the stunts have been changed around is a bit weird at the moment. If you've ridden that trail forever, you have a lot of muscle memory. The ride around lines to the left (skinny plank and bridge ramp) were completely removed and the line into them is gone. The original gap entrance is now front and center, and there is a ride around on the right that you don't notice/expect. So even knowing that those bridges were out, I rode at the straight line and was surprised that I was on the gap jump line (maybe that's familiarity - who knows).

Feels like that area is in transition stage right now based on what was done. But I can see how someone cooking in would get screwed up by it in its current state.

Oct. 13, 2012, 4:18 p.m.

Two people could probably easily move it, or one person with a small saw. One person with 'man flu' and a dog couldn't manage it so elected to lose man points and keep riding.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Oct. 13, 2012, 6:25 p.m.

thanks for trying! hopefully the next 2 or 3 guys pull it out of the way…

Oct. 15, 2012, 11:54 a.m.

Team Pangor is running amazing well, and in excellent condition! The gold reroutes have packed down very hard, and drainages are all cleared. Thanks again to Ryders Eyewear and Muddbunnies Riding Club for all the effort this year!

Oct. 20, 2012, 4:26 p.m.

There's a tree down on Greenland (the little xc loamer that runs from Ned's towards bottletop). Looks like someone pulled all the bark off and trimmed some branches? Too big for us to move, probably needs to be bucked

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Oct. 20, 2012, 5:10 p.m.

There's a tree down on Greenland (the little xc loamer that runs from Ned's towards bottletop). Looks like someone pulled all the bark off and trimmed some branches? Too big for us to move, probably needs to be bucked

too big for a hand saw?

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Oct. 20, 2012, 6:50 p.m.

maybe not

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Oct. 30, 2012, 4:34 p.m.

Safety inspections of existing mountain bike structures on LSCR land are being conducted. Some mountain bike structures on popular LSCR trails (Ned[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s, Dale[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s, etc.) have reached their lifespan and may now present a safety hazard to users due to structural or surfacing deficiencies. Those structures deemed to be unsafe and beyond repair are being removed. Please email [email protected] if you require further information. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Oct. 30, 2012, 6:18 p.m.

But there are new stunts to be built!

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Nov. 29, 2012, 10:07 a.m.

Snow line? I'm asuming riding is prime winter/ wet conditions below Mushroom parking?
What if I wanted to go for a hike above Mushroom….whereabouts does the snow start?

Nov. 29, 2012, 11:48 a.m.

There's a new sign at the start of the hill that says snow tires only between Oct 1 and April 30.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 11, 2012, 9:46 p.m.

Stumbled upon a new fork off of Slippery Salamander late this evening. I'm not sure if the trail is officially open, but on the other hand there is no indication that it's anything but open. It goes for a couple hundred meters of what looked good trail. It was dark, and I wasn't sure where to go when I ran out of bench cut.

Anyone know what the status of the trail is ? Where it's supposed to end up ?