Fraser Valley 2014 Conditions (Red, Bear, Vedder, Sumas, Ledgeview)

Jan. 2, 2014, 10:49 p.m.

A place for Fraser Valley conditions to be posted. Rode Bear on Boxing Day (I know a week ago), but trails were in fantastic shape. Wasp, Lorax, SB running awesome.

Shed head!

Jan. 15, 2014, 12:44 p.m.

Bear conditions after weekend storm?

Shed head!

Jan. 15, 2014, 1:48 p.m.

FVMBA needs to hire Ewan to go in and do some touch up to Squid line!

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

Jan. 15, 2014, 5:58 p.m.

Me /Trev/Kim have put a bunch of work on TimeKiller and the Knob as well as last week on NoahFear.
(we post all the time welcoming new helpers on our facebook page etc..)
Some local residents, have been running the Squid on their motocycles.
Like a local pain in the ….. they feel they can do what they like ,as they live there.
I have a list of needs to do on Sumas, and I am hopeful that some of our others ,can put some love on the Squid. Having a couple of locals up there ,rip up the area, really is a pain to put it mildly.
Either Moforestry or FVRD needs to put some enforement on Sumas.
As a mtbiker I don't feel it's my job to police the mtn., Yes we can do what we can but really.
Those who have caused such grief on the mtn. to be some of the same people who live there????
Hypocrites..
Remember fvmba is not a big machine who can put part of their budget to do all that needs to be done.
You as well as all riders are who we are.
If your not a member ,either join up,shut up , or volunteer.
imo.
gary

FVMBA Website

Jan. 16, 2014, 2:15 p.m.

Just joined FVMBA. I don't live in the Valley but I do love those trails.

What are conditions like right now? Vancouver is high pressure, dry and sunny. It's kind of incredible. I thought the Valley would be out until spring but maybe the current conditions are good to go?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Jan. 18, 2014, 1:46 p.m.

did Squidline today , really good conditions , some muck in spots , but clear and ripping .

word of CAUTION !!!! watch for frost on the BATT RD that last sweeping left before you turn right onto Taggart Rd is really frosty , came close too ending up in the ditch , and on our way out after the ride there was a truck on it,s side in the ditch in that same spot so take care .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Jan. 18, 2014, 3:01 p.m.

Me /Trev/Kim have put a bunch of work on TimeKiller and the Knob as well as last week on NoahFear.
(we post all the time welcoming new helpers on our facebook page etc..)
Some local residents, have been running the Squid on their motocycles.
Like a local pain in the ….. they feel they can do what they like ,as they live there.
I have a list of needs to do on Sumas, and I am hopeful that some of our others ,can put some love on the Squid. Having a couple of locals up there ,rip up the area, really is a pain to put it mildly.
Either Moforestry or FVRD needs to put some enforement on Sumas.
As a mtbiker I don't feel it's my job to police the mtn., Yes we can do what we can but really.
Those who have caused such grief on the mtn. to be some of the same people who live there????
Hypocrites..
Remember fvmba is not a big machine who can put part of their budget to do all that needs to be done.
You as well as all riders are who we are.
If your not a member ,either join up,shut up , or volunteer.
imo.
gary

Is there an official ban for motorized bikes on Sumas? If so, who enforces? Is there signs indicating it?How would i obtain the info on line of where you can and can not ride, legally, even if all other rules are adhered to?
These are all legit questions, no implied sarcasm or agenda.

WTF, Over?

Jan. 18, 2014, 3:34 p.m.

I'm Not endorsing motos on a mtb trail but don't you guys ride your bikes on the chadsey lake hiking trail.

Anyway nice work on the trails up there, I need to get up there for a ride

Jan. 18, 2014, 4:58 p.m.

Lorax was in great shape today. Lots of riders out.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Jan. 18, 2014, 11:16 p.m.

Hitting it up tomorrow, stoked.

Shed head!

Jan. 19, 2014, 1:06 a.m.

I'm Not endorsing motos on a mtb trail but don't you guys ride your bikes on the chadsey lake hiking trail.

Anyway nice work on the trails up there, I need to get up there for a ride

While this is true, it's also the mountain bikers, mainly gary harder who are clearing it of deadfall every spring and doing general trail work. I think its generally accepted by forestry that Gary is taking care of the trail.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Jan. 20, 2014, 5:47 p.m.

Is there an official ban for motorized bikes on Sumas? If so, who enforces? Is there signs indicating it?How would i obtain the info on line of where you can and can not ride, legally, even if all other rules are adhered to?
These are all legit questions, no implied sarcasm or agenda.

Re: Sumas

Moto ban on the roads and legal designated moto trails? No. There are no designated moto trails BTW. The roads are good to go as long as you have third party liability insurance.

Moto ban on trails that are legal mountain bike trails that have forestry approved signs that say "No Motos or ATVs" Absolutely.

Riding a dirtbike on "Squidline" is no different than riding one up "Full Nelson" in Squamish. Both are all dirt trails, sculpted and built for mountain bikes (and trail runners, walkers and hikers etc…).

The mountain bike trails on Sumas are maintained under a signed agreement with the Province by the FVMBA. The FVMBA was originally formed to protect access to trails on Sumas mountain for mountain bikers.

There are no legal moto trails (or illegal for that matter) on Sumas nor is there an organized club that represents moto riders on the mountain.

There certainly are legal and widely accepted places to ride a moto in the lower mainland.

www.bcorma.ca

Jan. 21, 2014, 7:21 a.m.

more vandalism to vedder trails

Jan. 21, 2014, 10:39 a.m.

more vandalism to vedder trails

that is disgusting.

Jan. 21, 2014, 11:12 a.m.

What the f is wrong with people? Now every rider has to question a structure's integrity when they ride up to it?

Thread killer