No Respect

Jan. 18, 2016, 10:01 a.m.

I thought I'd hook a few….

Although as an ex-decent racer from BITD I know all too well what going fawst entails. I've smacked into spectators walking up blind descents while leading a race for example. Going 100% down a public trail with blind spots is just stupid.

BTW, thanks for the vegan bashing Tmack. With some of the selfish / entitled attitudes on here it's hardly surprising people treat their food with the same attitude as the trails. Others exercise some self sacrifice for the benefit of the world around them…..

treezz
wow you are a ass

Jan. 18, 2016, 10:09 a.m.

Yeah but how could they know someone's doggie* might just pop outta' the bushes at the wrong moment?
Sure you say, "dog shoulda' been leashed" but you're still gonna' feel like shit you off somes pet because you simply didn't have the good sense to slow the fuck down when passing a stationary group!

Jesus……….:rolleyes:

*or small child, eh?

This is a good point. Hikers and bikers might be able to get out of the way quickly, but their dogs might not. And please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think dogs are required to be on leash on most of the Seymour trails.

Jan. 18, 2016, 10:33 a.m.

This is a good point. Hikers and bikers might be able to get out of the way quickly, but their dogs might not. And please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think dogs are required to be on leash on most of the Seymour trails.

It's 'on leash' in the BC Parks area (not that anyone takes any notice, whether it be hiker or biker). It's a free-for-all in the area being discussed, hence a number of off-leash dogs on Severed yesterday, including mine.

Thanks to the guys who slowed down (OMG it's possible!) on Pingu yesterday when I was checking the new work near the top. My bike was off trail and dawg was being obedient on the other side of the trail to me, but the riders could have just blasted through like some on here.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Jan. 18, 2016, 10:45 a.m.

BTW, thanks for the vegan bashing Tmack.

You're welcome

Jan. 18, 2016, 11:52 a.m.

The Shore would be a better place if no one talked about the Shore …. You can't talk any sense into people on this forum anyways so what's the point . It's better to just not log in and go about our merry way ….riding how we want on trails we want with ignorant bliss . I for one was better off before I found out about the nsmb forums and all the people I would hate to meet or be friends with that frequent every topic on this site lol . As you were I'm off for a ride !

Jan. 18, 2016, 12:21 p.m.

Dogs are a bit of a "use common sense issue" but here is information regarding the area from the 3 different landowners involved.

From the Lower Seymour Conservation Area website.

"Dogs must be in control at all times and leashed in high use areas and in sensitive ecosystems. Show courtesy to other visitors by removing your dog waste and disposing of it in dog waste bins located at main entrances. Dogs are not permitted on the Seymour Valley Trailway, the Fisherman's Trail (north of the Homestead Trail junction) and the Rice Lake Loop Trail. The LSCR does not permit commercial dog walking."

You would have to define high use area and sensitive eco-systems. If there are no signs to designate that area as such then it would be up to the conservation officer (and the dog owners common sense). My dog is off lease all the time up there but I leash her when we are near places like Salmon habitats but I also like to believe that I exude common sense.

From BC Parks website regarding Mount Seymour. (I don't know anyone that follows this and I don't know anyone who has gotten in trouble from a BC Parks officer for it.)

"Pets/domestic animals must be on a leash at all times and are not allowed in park buildings. Signs are posted and fines are issued for pets off their leash. You are responsible for their behaviour and must dispose of their excrement. Backcountry areas are not suitable for dogs or other pets due to wildlife issues and the potential for problems with bears."

From the CMHC website regarding dogs on Mount Seymour.

Jan. 18, 2016, 2:08 p.m.

For all the braaaaaahs out there who think it's fine to just blast down trails and assume everyone will get out of their way, there were nine people in three groups walking up Severed today. Nine! Plus a couple of dogs.

Not too many bikers out. I guess the weather wasn't conducive to good Strava times. People must have been at home with The Rise Of Enduro on repeat play instead. "Lets get outta here!" :D ;)

I enjoy riding fast. I really like my "Enduro" type bike and enjoy competing in "enduro" races. I also use Strava quite often. I also enjoy various other types of cycling. Just because you don't like the same things that I like doesn't mean your self-righteous opinion is right and mine is wrong.

Jan. 18, 2016, 2:11 p.m.

I enjoy riding fast. I really like my "Enduro" type bike and enjoy competing in "enduro" races. I also use Strava quite often. I also enjoy various other types of cycling. Just because you don't like the same things that I like doesn't mean your self-righteous opinion is right and mine is wrong.

and just because one likes those things doesn't mean they ride like a dick all the time.

Jan. 18, 2016, 2:14 p.m.

and just because one likes those things doesn't mean they ride like a dick all the time.

I don't ever ride like a dick. I pride myself on being super polite to everyone I meet out there. I've never met you. Who are you?

Jan. 18, 2016, 2:20 p.m.

I don't ever ride like a dick. I pride myself on being super polite to everyone I meet out there. I've never met you. Who are you?

I was agreeing with your post….oh, I get it, no need to nitpick that statement, I wasn't implying you were sometimes…frig

Jan. 18, 2016, 2:22 p.m.

I was agreeing with your post….oh, I get it, no need to nitpick that statement, I wasn't implying you were sometimes…frig

Hahahah! oh shit. sorry! and thanks!

Jan. 18, 2016, 2:45 p.m.

Flip - TheDon was an underappreciated trailbitch in the Fraser Valley (Sumas to be precise) back in the day

TheDon - Flip is an underappreciated trailbitch in Whistler currently.

You are both Strava'ing EnduroBros who's dust I'd be proud to suck. Consider yourselves introduced.

Jan. 18, 2016, 2:57 p.m.

I love everyone on here! Especially you Lee! The Don is a close second

Jan. 18, 2016, 3:04 p.m.

Flip - TheDon was an underappreciated trailbitch in the Fraser Valley (Sumas to be precise) back in the day

You are both Strava'ing EnduroBros who's dust I'd be proud to suck. Consider yourselves introduced.

Hahaha!! I love you guys too!!

Jan. 18, 2016, 3:19 p.m.

we're all good! :)