Lower Griffin log ride wrecked

Nov. 27, 2009, 7 p.m.

Why?

:canada: - Flickr

Nov. 27, 2009, 7:25 p.m.

Why ask why?

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Nov. 27, 2009, 7:37 p.m.

Why ask why ask why?

treezz
wow you are a ass

Nov. 27, 2009, 8:21 p.m.

Do you mean the one that you almost want to lean against the tree just before you go down?

:england:

Nov. 27, 2009, 9:33 p.m.

ye, I thought it was legit

:canada: - Flickr

Nov. 27, 2009, 9:36 p.m.

Chainsawed or parts simply ripped out?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 27, 2009, 10:51 p.m.

yawn

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Nov. 27, 2009, 10:57 p.m.

Rode by it today and the same thought occurred to me - WHY??

Makes no sense to me. Chainsawed and knocked over. Someone put a nice "FU DNV" in the cut log though.

Nov. 27, 2009, 11:17 p.m.

better question. who put in that poorly thought piece of crap anyway and makes you think that putting in skinnies everywhere is a good idea? It made a drainage issue. The exit was built like shit. I'm glad it got chopped. and the next godamn skinny that gets built on a beginner trail is going to get chopped too so don't bother wasting your time. And just to make it clear I don't own a saw and didn't chop the damn thing.

Nov. 27, 2009, 11:29 p.m.

better question. who put in that poorly thought piece of crap anyway and makes you think that putting in skinnies everywhere is a good idea? It made a drainage issue. The exit was built like shit. I'm glad it got chopped. and the next godamn skinny that gets built on a beginner trail is going to get chopped too so don't bother wasting your time. And just to make it clear I don't own a saw and didn't chop the damn thing.

i never saw the log in question and trust your judgement as to what's poorly constructed or not. however i personally don't see an issue with skinnies or challenging features on beginner trails as long as they're:

1) not on the main line
2) work with current flavour of the trail
3) well built

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Nov. 27, 2009, 11:33 p.m.

It was a beauty of a log to make a log ride out of. It could have been an nice optional line if it had been correctly.

No district permission, poor ride around, and near MVP = the district chopping it.

Nov. 27, 2009, 11:34 p.m.

yah i got to agree. That skinny was about as out of place as could be. I'm the chump who's got to go in and fix the mess that it left. What really pissed me off was the ferns that got trampled from people falling on and off it. I'm a sucker for ferns/

plus i hate having to fix someone elses poorly built crap

Nov. 27, 2009, 11:46 p.m.

yah i got to agree. That skinny was about as out of place as could be. I'm the chump who's got to go in and fix the mess that it left. What really pissed me off was the ferns that got trampled from people falling on and off it. I'm a sucker for ferns/

plus i hate having to fix someone elses poorly built crap

i have just the line for you on burke

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Nov. 28, 2009, 12:14 a.m.

what line is that synchro on eagle, the line that you took photos of when you came to help out? AKA the one below fat bastard. Just so you know me and richard are taking over that line also since it connects to our trail.

Builder of Little Bastard

Nov. 28, 2009, 12:18 a.m.

what line is that synchro on eagle, the line that you took photos of when you came to help out? AKA the one below fat bastard. Just so you know me and richard are taking over that line also since it connects to our trail.

sorry brad, meant to say burke.

Ellen Langer