A big shout out to the riders/hikers on the shore.

March 27, 2012, 8:16 p.m.

Sorry this is a bit long. (Please move if in wrong place)

Last Sunday I was riding Fromme (a rare event) with a friend. After a solid day we called last trail. Well that was a bad call, I misjudged speed on the last drop- transition on Natural High. I ended up doing a swan dive sans bike from top to flat bottom, landing hip first on a rock. Stupidly I decided to try and walk out.

My friend helped me for a bit while carrying all the gear, then called around for help. A hiker (Rick) out walking his dogs came by and helped me the best he could. He had to leave due to being diabetic and needing food but he went and talked to some riders (Ryan and his wife) who then went out of their way to help crutch me out to the main road. Along the way we met a kid who was out riding with his dad who happened to be a first aid instructor and said to get to a hospital after a check. At the road; a very nice homeowner(Judy) said she could keep the bikes safe for the night while my friend went and got the car.

So after all of that I ended up with a broken pelvis [HTML_REMOVED] elbow plus a week in hospital.

I am forever indebted to those who helped me out. If Ryan and his wife belong to this forum, Thank you very much.:D If the First aid instructor and kid are on here Thank you very much as well, sorry I never caught your names.

Goes to show that people on the Shore are some of nicest most helpful people out there and thanks for that.

Brett.

March 27, 2012, 8:22 p.m.

Sorry this is a bit long. (Please move if in wrong place)

Last Sunday I was riding Fromme (a rare event) with a friend. After a solid day we called last trail. Well that was a bad call, I misjudged speed on the last drop- transition on Natural High. I ended up doing a swan dive sans bike from top to flat bottom, landing hip first on a rock. Stupidly I decided to try and walk out.

My friend helped me for a bit while carrying all the gear, then called around for help. A hiker (Rick) out walking his dogs came by and helped me the best he could. He had to leave due to being diabetic and needing food but he went and talked to some riders (Ryan and his wife) who then went out of their way to help crutch me out to the main road. Along the way we met a kid who was out riding with his dad who happened to be a first aid instructor and said to get to a hospital after a check. At the road; a very nice homeowner(Judy) said she could keep the bikes safe for the night while my friend went and got the car.

So after all of that I ended up with a broken pelvis [HTML_REMOVED] elbow plus a week in hospital.

I am forever indebted to those who helped me out. If Ryan and his wife belong to this forum, Thank you very much.:D If the First aid instructor and kid are on here Thank you very much as well, sorry I never caught your names.

Goes to show that people on the Shore are some of nicest most helpful people out there and thanks for that.

Brett.

wow harsh injuries….but great service…

glad to hear you where well taken care of and still very positive.

keep coming back….

March 27, 2012, 11:26 p.m.

you walked out with a broken pelvis! holy crap. Hope you're recovery goes well and you get back out on the bike!

Cell service is spotty there even so, extraction can be tough.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

March 28, 2012, 9:08 a.m.

I love reading things like this. Thanks for sharing and hope you have a healthy and speedy recovery!

I have no filter …

March 28, 2012, 1:40 p.m.

Healing vibes to ya! Most people out on the trails are really good folk.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

March 28, 2012, 3:03 p.m.

Thanks for the encouraging words guys.

Trying to stay as positive as I can with this, thinking of the folks who helped me and just the everyday people I've ever met out there and their great attitude is helping. I can't wait to ride again.

The doctors/nurses told me that I should be able to get back on the mountain bike around July. :clap

In hindsight I am not sure why I decided to hobble out as I couldn't even get myself up. I will be the first to say that it was a pretty stupid thing to do. I had a cell phone in my bag but I didn't even think to use it. Thinking logically just wasn't happening.

I am quite glad that those who helped me were there. I cannot express my thanks enough to them.

March 28, 2012, 7:45 p.m.

Crap, sorry to hear you hurt yourself on NH. Hope you heal up soon. Good karma to all those who helped you out.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

March 28, 2012, 9:09 p.m.

Heal up Brett!

March 29, 2012, 5:31 a.m.

heal up and lotsa :beer:

March 29, 2012, 8:18 a.m.

Going into the woods makes people happy. Happy people are usually pretty helpful and they want you to have fun too. Heal up tough guy.

www.northshorebillet.com

March 29, 2012, 8:42 a.m.

Healing vibes to ya! Most people out on the trails are really good folk.

This is no doubt a side benefit of heading into the woods: a much higher percentage of people who are genuinely happy and willing to say hello – or in this case, willing to help.

Brett, thanks for posting your story. It's great to hear that people were willing to help you out. Here's to a speedy recovery!

flickr

April 3, 2012, 2:08 p.m.

I love riding fromme for this. Everyone is really friendly and I can usually find someone to catch with for the ride up. :D