New Toy for the winter time

Nov. 22, 2004, 5:53 p.m.

nice that looks sick! i want one!

AND all those pics were taken at Sunshine, which I happen to have a seasons pass for !!!! :eek:

Nov. 23, 2004, 8 a.m.

gimpy - the other ones all use skis which are super limiting…i didnt like the ski versions…even with super fat twinnies, it just didnt work "right". with split continuous curves on the boards, you will go MUCH faster and with much more control than the others out there.

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

Nov. 23, 2004, 4:01 p.m.

I like it. i would rather ride one of those than not ride at all. I emailed sunpeaks to see if they would allow them.

Nov. 23, 2004, 10:01 p.m.

i've been riding those for about three years and they sure are fun . just another way to enjoy the mountains and snow .

the first one i rode was made by k2 . very solid build with high quality mtb type components . the ones they have here at whistler now are not quite the same quality , but still alot of fun .

i've ridden on good powder days , and the sensation is great .

btw , at whistler / blackcomb you need to hire an instructor to take you around . as of last year they were not yet allowed everywhere on the mountain , but if all goes well this year . . . .

Nov. 23, 2004, 10:07 p.m.

^^^how muchg does this cost?

www.knollybikes.com

:canada:

Nov. 24, 2004, 8:26 a.m.

200-250 USD for the snowmoto bike this post is about.

patrolskid - do you think w/b will allow open access to these this season? hiring a tourguide to use your equip seems silly :)

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

Nov. 24, 2004, 4:22 p.m.

seand , just talking off the top of my head i would say no . last year was very preliminary . the powers that be just wanted to see how they fit in with the rest of the operation . as far as i know things went pretty smoothly .

also , you know those business types have to examine the risk / benefit side of things . is the money they might bring in worth the money they have to lay out ? revenue in , versus start up costs and possible litigation , etc , etc . . .

personally , i hope they go for it . take all the things you like about riding , and then transfer it to a snow covered mountain , where the lines are infinite , you get the idea .

the k2 bike was a real nice piece of work . quality throughout . at the time they had two different models : an all mountain model and one that was designed more for park and pipe . k2 didn't actually build the bikes , or have any cash invested . they had entered into an agreement with an individual entrepreneur who had done all the r / d and the major legwork involved with getting the bikes accepted at resorts . tough road he was on , but he seems to be making progress . i have since forgotten his name , but he left one of the bikes with us for a couple of months . we sure had a lot of fun on it .

last winter , we had one of the rental bikes to use , and free reign to use it wherever we liked . patrolling does have some bonuses . . . . .

Nov. 25, 2004, 11:21 a.m.

i am buying one as soon as it is alloud up grouse and whistler

the bike influence on the shore and in whistler would bring alot to this sport in the winter time and I believe quite abit of money to the resorts

BATTLECAT

Nov. 26, 2004, 9:08 p.m.

i think they look pretty cool.