Interior Trips this summer (Nelson, Golden...

March 24, 2005, 1:01 p.m.

If anyone is interested in trips to the interior esp. Nelson area (Rossland, Slocan, etc.), Golden area (Mt7, Kicking Horse), Fernie (bike park etc.), Others…. let me know.

As I teach I have the summers off, starting in June (3mos off). I hit the interior a lot as I like the adventure and variety (since I live on the NS I don't need to visit the NS). Currently I have two trips planned, 1st week of June (Nelson area) and last week of June (Golden and others) with buddies. That leaves 2.5mos left to fill up! :-)

I know a lot of the riding around nelson area (I spend about 1/2 my summers there each year) and I've also been a couple of times to Golden and Fernie.

So if anyone is interested in doing some riding in the interior and want someone who knows where some of the best trails are and/or wants to have someone to ride with out there PM me and we can work out a trip.

Often the wife comes with me and offers to do some shuttling!

Oh - and I WW kayak so if you do that too it can be a biking/kayaking trip (kooteny(sp!) area has great paddling)

March 24, 2005, 2:17 p.m.

I am kinda interested…

March 24, 2005, 2:51 p.m.

Let me know when you're in the Kootenays, I'm always up for some riding.

So many freaks, so few circuses.

March 24, 2005, 4:53 p.m.

Well even if your "kinda interested" :-) drop me a line (PM will do) and hook up for some NS riding right now. That way you can find out if I'm a jerk or not! :D Also if our riding styles are similar.

I usually ride 5-6 times a week (M I don't usually ride and W I sometimes get in a night ride) - mostly from my house up Fromme as I live close by (~5min to 1st gate by bike). This long weekend I'm hoping to hit Cypress for 5th Horseman and others, Squamish, maybe Vedder/Sumas.

March 24, 2005, 4:54 p.m.

Trout - where are you in the Kootenays?

March 24, 2005, 4:57 p.m.

We always spend the last week in July in Christina Lake. Great riding there, and usually a couple of day trips to Rossland and Nelson.

March 24, 2005, 5:30 p.m.

Originally posted by thewwkayaker
Trout - where are you in the Kootenays?

Live in Rossland, play all over.

So many freaks, so few circuses.

March 24, 2005, 5:32 p.m.

if I win lotto I'm in like Flynn.

"Sad, but true. Oh, so true! (I couldn't have said it better myself). The newest craze in mountain biking (a sport that keeps reinventing itself -out of boredom?- is called "Slopestyle" -doing flips on mountain bikes." -Monica Craver- :lol:

March 24, 2005, 5:55 p.m.

if i hit the double jackpot I'm in too

March 24, 2005, 7:05 p.m.

Mmmm Rosland….some great rides there. Also great attitude when the trails are lost during logging (as said by a Roslander "we don't care if they log our trails - we just build new trails"

What's the need for the lotto or jackpot? Camping is cheap(ish), gas is the most expensive part (and food but you eat at home or at camp - cost is the same). Obviously not everyone has the entire summer off - but most people can afford a week+ (and wives love Nelson - great restaurants, shopping, beach - if you must plan all vacations with the wife)

March 24, 2005, 7:11 p.m.

a week… you got me dreaming of riding every day for 4 months.

"Sad, but true. Oh, so true! (I couldn't have said it better myself). The newest craze in mountain biking (a sport that keeps reinventing itself -out of boredom?- is called "Slopestyle" -doing flips on mountain bikes." -Monica Craver- :lol:

March 25, 2005, 12:17 a.m.

Feel free to drop me a line if you come thru here. I might be riding:)

March 29, 2005, 10:43 a.m.

We head out pretty much every weekend and we also hit up all the BC Cup races. Last summer we rode in Nelson, Golden, Invermere, Rossland, Kelowna, Penticton, Kamloops, Williams Lake, etc. couldn't even fit in a day a Whistler. What a summer….doin it again this summer. Gonna fit in a Whistler day or two this year tho.

hol-ee shit but that's a big hole :eek:

March 29, 2005, 12:33 p.m.

Every weekend you hit Nelson, Golden, or others?! Wow! That's a lotta miles(kms).

So you race bansheeair?

March 29, 2005, 3:45 p.m.

last week of august ill be going to banff/golden/nelson/rossland

Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavor
It happens to be like:
"Killed by the husband"
"Drowned by the ocean"
"Shot by his own son"
"She used the poison in his tea
and kissed him goodbye"