July 7th NSMBA Toonie - Ladies Only! Keep the celebration going...

June 19, 2012, 12:20 p.m.

Wear your Wade's Excellent Adventure (any year), 20th Ladie's Only anniversary shirt (event happening June 23rd), or old school toonie shirt to the race and get a second entry in to the prizing draw!

Also… I had some 2012 Toonie T-shirts printed and they look fantastic! For sale at the race for only $20.

Registration is at the water towers between 8:30 and 9:30am. Race starts at 10am at Ladie's Only trailhead.

June 19, 2012, 1:07 p.m.

Can you clarify the course? Between your post, the "START TIME" section of the flyer, and the "THE COURSE" section of the flyer they all say different start and end locations.

My Team From San Luis Obispo, CA
SLOtothebone.wordpress.com

My Dirtbag Team in BC
The B-Team

B-Team :heart:'s You

June 19, 2012, 2:20 p.m.

Ahh! Typo! It's fixed now.
The original race was going to be up Warden's trail, but had to be modified.

Registration is at the water towers between 8:30 and 9:30. Make sure you give yourself enough time to get to Ladie's

trail head by 10am.

The race starts at 10am from approx. 200m back from Ladies Only.

The race will end at the water towers.

July 4, 2012, 10:04 a.m.

Woohoo!! It's going to be (fingers crossed nothing changes) the first warm, dry and sunny toonie since we started these up again last year!!

Also - we still need a couple more volunteers. Can you help?? email [email protected]. Chance to win prizes and fun for all! :)

July 4, 2012, 11:22 p.m.

Is it possible to get an NSMBA membership at the race registration?

July 5, 2012, 4:25 p.m.

Is it possible to get an NSMBA membership at the race registration?

Yes! It's $50. Cash is prefered. However, we now have a secure mobile card reader for those that pay with credit cards - I just don't know if cell reception will be good enough for it as we haven't tried it out on the mountain yet.

July 5, 2012, 7:19 p.m.

Yes! It's $50. Cash is prefered. However, we now have a secure mobile card reader for those that pay with credit cards - I just don't know if cell reception will be good enough for it as we haven't tried it out on the mountain yet.

Cash is king. Thanks!

July 6, 2012, 4:07 p.m.

Cash is king. Thanks!

After spending the last month playing with this intuit iPhone card swiper I'm not so sure anymore.

Yes the swiper will be working on Fromme. We will now be able to sell you a membership even at the top of 7th with Visa, MC or debit. The transfer just waits until the iphone is back on cell reception. So you're only excuse now will have to be. "I only ride with my American Express card.". In which case I'll laugh and say "really? It's accepted everywhere? I guess they didn't take the trail head to ladies only into account when they made that slogan up.":lol::lol::lol:

July 7, 2012, 12:10 p.m.

I guess I was the only one that fell in the water.

July 10, 2012, 10:25 a.m.

Hey guys, my pictures from the race are up here on Pinkbike:

http://srobarts.pinkbike.com/album/NSMBA-Twonie-Ride---Ladies-Only//">http://www.pinkbike.com/video/http://srobarts.pinkbike.com/album/NSMBA-Twonie-Ride---Ladies-Only//

Sorry, I didn't catch Andrew going in the drink. Got that look on his face as his front wheel was going off the teeter though!

Keep it coming NSMBA - a fun time!

July 11, 2012, 7:17 a.m.

Some great pics from Scott Robarts on our Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/nsmba

July 25, 2012, 11 p.m.

Another Toonie coming up.. where this time?

Jon-boy.

July 26, 2012, 3:06 p.m.

August 4th on Fromme. Basically from the top of Seventh to Pipeline and back to the water towers on BP. Details to follow. Everyone meet at the water tower that Saturday morning for registration but plan to be at 7th for the 10am race start. As before membership in the NSMBA is mandatory. You can sign up online ahead of time or pay for your membership there with cash or visa.

July 26, 2012, 4:16 p.m.

Now I'm just putting this out there….
And I'm not hating, I respect the fact that this series is happening.

BUT

If there was a bit more of a selection of trails (not just Pipeline or Ladies, to BP, to water tower) or maybe on a different mountain (suggesting more of a variety of terrain) there might be more people showing up to these races….

I also support trail maintenance, so I might be taken as suggesting the dumbing down of the race courses…..

July 27, 2012, 3:57 p.m.

Now I'm just putting this out there….
And I'm not hating, I respect the fact that this series is happening.

BUT

If there was a bit more of a selection of trails (not just Pipeline or Ladies, to BP, to water tower) or maybe on a different mountain (suggesting more of a variety of terrain) there might be more people showing up to these races….

I also support trail maintenance, so I might be taken as suggesting the dumbing down of the race courses…..

The reason there's a lack of variance in the route selection is the inability to get permits for races elsewhere.